Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Dexter

nice. do you get NBA Tv? if so, is it worth it?

yes, theres usually a few games on per week that i dont get in the nba package - so for that alone, its necessary. they have a fantasy show which is pretty boring. just like the asst coach forum basically. B)

good for highlights as well....

dexter460.jpg

dont let us down in the finale dex - take out lila!!

yes, theres usually a few games on per week that i dont get in the nba package - so for that alone, its necessary. they have a fantasy show which is pretty boring. just like the asst coach forum basically. B)

good for highlights as well....

cool, i have wanted to have this channel, but it is part of the sports tier package on my cable. ive been unsure if it was worth it. the NBA channel on Sirius satellite radio doesnt impress me.

damn, why did i watch the season 1 finale before watching all the epsiodes first. rudy was the ice truck killer - thats crazy.

at what point did you guys realize it was rudy? or at least get an idea it was him? not until the ken/barbie emails?

damn, why did i watch the season 1 finale before watching all the epsiodes first. rudy was the ice truck killer - thats crazy.

at what point did you guys realize it was rudy? or at least get an idea it was him? not until the ken/barbie emails?

i dont remember too well, but im sure it was 2 or 3 weeks prior. at least.

i dont remember too well, but im sure it was 2 or 3 weeks prior. at least.

this was another great episode i just watched - where dexter found out about his real dad. rudy shows up at the house with debra. good stuff....

i cant wait till the football game is over to watch the next episode

this was another great episode i just watched - where dexter found out about his real dad. rudy shows up at the house with debra. good stuff....

i cant wait till the football game is over to watch the next episode

enjoy man, cause needless to say this Sundays episode season 2 finale is gonna be out of this world!!!! time for Dexter to do what Dexter does best. entertain us! B)

watching Dexter season1 now arent you C? i couldnt resist and looked up some spoilers for Sunday nights finale. now im even more excited to watch.

watching Dexter season1 now arent you C? i couldnt resist and looked up some spoilers for Sunday nights finale. now im even more excited to watch.

next up is "Seeing Red"...episode 10.

I think my favorite scenes in the show are no doubt when they go back in time and show Harry giving Dexter advice.

I loved it when Dexter got the nurse who was overdrugging patients and Harry....

next up is "Seeing Red"...episode 10.

I think my favorite scenes in the show are no doubt when they go back in time and show Harry giving Dexter advice.

I loved it when Dexter got the nurse who was overdrugging patients and Harry....

it really adds texture to Dex's character. even though his actions are inhumane, he has a very human side he is just now getting in touch with.

where did you catch next weeks episode?

It's been leaked online for a little while now along with the 11th episode (Before it was aired)

Showtime President Robert Greenblatt has confirmed a third season is planned.[1]

On December 3, 2007, CBS Corporation president and CEO Leslie Moonves confirmed that Dexter would "probably" air on the major US network in Spring, to fill holes left by the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike.[2]

Air as a new season 3 or reairing of season 1 and 2?
i understood it as airing on showtime this spring - season 3.

not sure about reruns.

Yes, it is believed that CBS will bring Dexter into it's lineup to be shown to many more viewers on a major cable network. But, it will be the RERUNS of season 1 and 2. The problem with bringing Dexter to a major network though is that there are differences in the time format. Showtime is a pay channel so they don't need commercials during the show, which allows the show to average anywhere from 50min - 58min in runtime. A major network like CBS has to have roughly 40mins show/20 mins commercial. So imagine watching Dexter, but with 10-18 mins of scenes taken out of every single episode. Won't exactly be the same show, because you'll be missing many of the little things that make the show great and what it is.

Now to season 3 of Dexter... Yes, Showtime has signed up for the next season of Dexter. HOWEVER, it is unknown when it will be coming next year. Spring of next year WAS the expected time frame before this whole strike thing. If this strike does not end really soon, you may not be watching new episodes of Dexter until next fall/winter or even until 2009...it really is unknown right now. And this applies to all scripted shows, not just Dexter. Talk's between the writer's guild and studios were looking good for December, but have gone downhill recently.

There are people that predict this strike last til early spring next year, so there is no way you will be watching Dexter even by early summer if this happens to be true. If you are someone who watches a lot of major network television (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX), you should be noticing the beginning of a huge movement towards reality/gameshow with MANY commercials advertising upcoming series in this genre.

Many of this I belive I have already stated in previous posts. I am hoping for a new season of Dexter as much as anyone else, but it is out of your hands. BTW, you guys will love the finale...

It's been leaked online for a little while now along with the 11th episode (Before it was aired)

Yes, it is believed that CBS will bring Dexter into it's lineup to be shown to many more viewers on a major cable network. But, it will be the RERUNS of season 1 and 2. The problem with bringing Dexter to a major network though is that there are differences in the time format. Showtime is a pay channel so they don't need commercials during the show, which allows the show to average anywhere from 50min - 58min in runtime. A major network like CBS has to have roughly 40mins show/20 mins commercial. So imagine watching Dexter, but with 10-18 mins of scenes taken out of every single episode. Won't exactly be the same show, because you'll be missing many of the little things that make the show great and what it is.

Now to season 3 of Dexter... Yes, Showtime has signed up for the next season of Dexter. HOWEVER, it is unknown when it will be coming next year. Spring of next year WAS the expected time frame before this whole strike thing. If this strike does not end really soon, you may not be watching new episodes of Dexter until next fall/winter or even until 2009...it really is unknown right now. And this applies to all scripted shows, not just Dexter. Talk's between the writer's guild and studios were looking good for December, but have gone downhill recently.

There are people that predict this strike last til early spring next year, so there is no way you will be watching Dexter even by early summer if this happens to be true. If you are someone who watches a lot of major network television (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX), you should be noticing the beginning of a huge movement towards reality/gameshow with MANY commercials advertising upcoming series in this genre.

Many of this I belive I have already stated in previous posts. I am hoping for a new season of Dexter as much as anyone else, but it is out of your hands. BTW, you guys will love the finale...

i agree about the quality of Dexter on network. not just the time disparity, but so much would have to be cut out or toned down. it just wont be nearly the same, however it should get SHO alot more subscribers as well as help with sales for the DVD.

4 and 1/2 hours til the finale...the tension builds!!!! a Jags won opver the Steelers and the Dexter finale tongith......good times. sad that both (football & Dexter) are near the end.

4 and 1/2 hours til the finale...the tension builds!!!! a Jags won opver the Steelers and the Dexter finale tongith......good times. sad that both (football & Dexter) are near the end.

cant wait....

me neither...down to 3 hrs 15 minutes

22minutes...isnt there some sort of "aftershow" as well tonight?

"Your going away with me allright....................in a garbage bag."

love it....

That was a pretty damn good ending to the season.

That was a pretty damn good ending to the season.

yeah, he should have taken a blood sample from lila's face - could have started his new trophy case with her B)

yeah, he should have taken a blood sample from lila's face - could have started his new trophy case with her B)

im just glad Lila and Doakes are outta here. it will be interesting to see what direction they go in next year.

dexter is the illest.

I was really expecting for her to get away. So glad she got taken out. Any idea when the new season starts?