Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

The "Ask v0dka" Thread.

Rate my draft:

QB: Peyton Manning (4th)

RB: Adrian Peterson (1st)

RB: Frank Gore (2nd)

WR: Antonio Brown (5th)

WR: Cecil Shorts (6th)

TE: Zach Sudfeld (11th)

FLEX: Steven Ridley (3rd)

FLEX: Chris Ivory (7th)

D/ST: Ravens (13th)

K: Robbie Gould

BN: Le'Veon Bell (8th), Golden Tate (9th), Bernard Pierce (10th), Cordarrelle Patterson (12th), Marcel Reece (14th), Carlson Palmer (15th)

I think I need to go after Reggie Wayne or Wes Welker. But I think I can wait until Bell gets healthy and then market Gore or Ridley. For now I'll play the WR match-ups. Pettigrew, Gresham, Chandler, and Miller are on the wire.

I know it might be a ridiculous question but I might've waited on my D too long...I have the Bucs and the Falcons...do you like the Chargers or Titans better than either two, or should I not sweat it all. We must carry 2 defenses in our league.

Thanks!

I have a DST question, too. Should I keep Cincy and play them vs. the Bears or should I pick up the Bucs or Colts? Bucs have Jets and Colts have Oakland. I'm just not sure if I should stream my DST all year and play matchups or roll with Cincy all season because they should be one of the better defenses in the league.

Drafting in one league tonight at 9pm. Got the 5th pick, who would you take there?

Drafting in one league tonight at 9pm. Got the 5th pick, who would you take there?

It's really hard to say since each draft slot will have it's own unique situation. My top 5 in PPR: AP, Martin, Charles, TRich and then Megatron or Rice. Standard: AP, Martin, Charles, TRich, Lynch. You really can't go wrong with your first pick, just take the guy you feel most comfortable in.

My team is in my signature. I start 2 RB, 2 WR, and a Flex.

Should I trade Gonzo for Romo? I like the idea of having the Romo/Dez duo, and I really want to upgrade QB.

I want to trade for Cruz then immediately pair him with Garcon in a deal for Charles. Am I trying to commit robbery or is that a fair deal strictly in terms of value?

What do you think is the better trade, Kenbrell Thompkins for Bradshaw or J. Gordon for Bradshaw? I m the one receiving Bradshaw. And who wins in those two trades?

Thanks.

bump.

How does your RB corps look? Not a fan of Bradshaw, although I'm not as down on him as I was, I still try to avoid owning him. Whenever you need him the most, seems like he is no where in sight.

My team is:

QB: Peyton

TE: J Graham, J Finley

WR: Bowe, Shorts, L. Moore, J Gordon, Blackmon

RB: D Martin, Ridley, M Balls,

I am trading Bradshaw with the possibility of trading him (or M balls) with one low WR for a stud WR.

What do you think

I know it might be a ridiculous question but I might've waited on my D too long...I have the Bucs and the Falcons...do you like the Chargers or Titans better than either two, or should I not sweat it all. We must carry 2 defenses in our league.

Thanks!

In leagues that require 2 defenses, I would've jumped a little earlier for a top tier defense since your streaming options run pretty thin, but it's nothing to sweat. I'd stick with the Bucs for week 1, but dump them for the Chargers week 2.

so i finally finish the draft and i myself believe i did well with some good sleepers and picks. the prediction scores show im going to lose my first 3 games lol. but yea please let me know how well i did and who should i start this week. with these insights, i should be ready for my next draft on sunday as well. THANKS!

Position are QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,SLOT(WR,RB,TE),K,DEF

This is a 0.5 PPR league and touchdown are 6 points, also bonus points which as follows, everything is basically standard

QB- 5 points for 300 yards, 10 at 350, 15 at 400 (Passing)

RB-5 for 100, 10 for 150, 15 for 200 (Rushing)

WR/TE- 5 for 100, 10 for 150, 15 for 200 (reception)

now heres the fun part LOL keep in mind this is a fun league with money involved as well.

KICKER - 0-29 yards is 2

30-39 is 3

40-49 is 5 and drumroll...

50+ is 20 points(its rare but make it fun) basically make or break lol

now for my team.

QB- Russell Wilson

WR-Victor Cruz

WR-Jordy Nelson

RB-Marshawn Lynch

RB-Steven Jackson

TE-Owen Daniels (missed out on sleeper tightends... people did their homework lol.)

W/R/T (Slot)- Ryan Mathews (hope he come back this year, looked good so far but them fumbles..)

K-Dan Bailey

DEF-Arizona

BN- Andrew Luck

BN- T.Y. Hilton (sleeper, hope they put him in cause he showed he can blow up)

BN-BenJarvus Green-Ellis(had a hard time picking here for backup rb)

BN-Michael Floyd (same as t.y. hilton)

BN-Bradon Pettigrew

BN-Brandon LaFell

BN-Michael Bush

so there it is. again thanks, please let me know how well i did and what seem to be a weakness and strengths and how well this team is and who should i start week 1.

THANKS v0dka

I have a DST question, too. Should I keep Cincy and play them vs. the Bears or should I pick up the Bucs or Colts? Bucs have Jets and Colts have Oakland. I'm just not sure if I should stream my DST all year and play matchups or roll with Cincy all season because they should be one of the better defenses in the league.

Stick with the Bengals D/ST.

About to make a big trade with a few other pieces to upgrade one of these guys with a WR1.

But I need to include one of them in the trade, and I'm not sure who I would rather have.

Which WR would you rather have? 0.5 PPR league:

Antonio Brown

or

Torrey Smith

both seem to be right next to eachother on just about every ranking, so this may just come down to personal preference. But I'm interested to hear your reasons.

also, along those same lines as above...the WR1 I am getting can be one of the 3

Demaryius Thomas

Julio Jones

Andre Johnson

because of the 0.5 PPR, I am slightly leaning towards Demaryius over Julio...but the Welker situation has me a little worried. Thoughts? Thanks man.

Quite a bit of posts asking me to rate their drafts and teams without posting their basic league scoring settings. It's almost impossible for me to give an accurate rating without at least that information.

Do I trade Lacy and Gonzalez for Cobb and Olsen? I'm trying to upgrade nicks and lacy is on my bench, but I'm not sure if the downgrade of Gonzalez is worth it? Thanks in advance

My team, non-PPR

Newton

Charles

Morris

White

Nicks

Gonzalez

MJD

Bench:

Lacy

Bell

T. Austin

Hilton

Mendenhall

Hopkins

It's a good team. I don't like the Sproles pick at 33 in a standard format, but you rebounded that pick with snatching Daryl Richardson in the 8th.

Hey v0dka. Thanks for replying. I reached for Sproles as I wanted something steady and safe for my flex spot.

Do you mind rating my other team I just drafted in a standard ESPN 12 team league (Pass TD =4 pts, INT=-2 pts are the only changes), Startling lineups are as follows: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, Flex (WR,RB), TE, K, D/ST with 5 bench spots.

9 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB 16 A.J. Green, Cin WR 33 Eddie Lacy, GB RB 40 Wes Welker, Den WR 57 Ahmad Bradshaw, Ind RB 64 Jason Witten, Dal TE 81 Andrew Luck, Ind QB 88 Kenbrell Thompkins, NE WR 105 Texans D/ST D/ST 112 Michael Floyd, Ari WR 129 Michael Bush, Chi RB 136 Zach Sudfeld, NE TE 153 Daniel Thomas, Mia RB 160 Greg Zuerlein, StL K

I dropped Thomas to take a chance to Patton.

In a 12 team non-PPR league (QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DST WR/RB/TE as flex) my picks are 6,8,19,30,65,69 etc

Basically, I would use my first two picks on RBs, but my big question mark now is who to get in the 2nd round? My main options are AJ Green/Brandon Marshall/Jimmy Graham/David Wilson (all will definitely be there). I feel the safest route is taking a WR in my 2nd and 3rd round, but the reward may be higher if I risk on David Wilson for a 3rd RB as my 2nd round. What would you think? Draft really soon and still really unsure

Team and League setting is in sig. I've been offered Jamaal Charles and Marques Colston for my Adrian Peterson. I'm having a tough time deciding a solution. LMK please.

I'm going to try and tackle as many questions as possible tonight.

Team and League setting is in sig. I've been offered Jamaal Charles and Marques Colston for my Adrian Peterson. I'm having a tough time deciding a solution. LMK please.

My top 5 PPR RB rankings:

1. Adrian Peterson
  2. Doug Martin
  3. Jamaal Charles
  4. Trent Richardson
  5. Ray Rice

Colston has been consistent with 1,000-1,200 yards in every season he has remained healthy. Not a ton of upside with Colston, but there is no downside as long as he remains healthy. The lingering foot injury that has carried over from last season has me a bit concerned, but I think I'd still pull the trigger here.

Rate my team. The team is in my signature

QB: RGIII, (Vick)... Love this QB combo. Both of them carry the "X" factor that can win you a week by themself.

RB: Foster, Reggie Bush (Michael Bush, Helu)... Solid. I wouldn't count on much from Foster for the first few weeks of the season since he didn't play at all in the preseason and missed most of training camp.

WR: Amendola, Cruz (Lance Moore, Boldin, Blackmon)... Amendola has missed 22 games over the last 4 seasons, and I can't see him scoring much more than Welker did last year (6 TDs). The upside is there though if he can stay healthy.

TE: Jared Cook... I'm all in on Cook this year. He's on most of my teams if that says anything on how I feel about him.

FLEX: Ahmad Bradshaw

K: Zurlein... Best pick of your draft. Zuerlein is the god among gods.

D: Chad Greenway

D: Derrick Johnson

D: Wesley Woodyard

Overall, you've got a strong team with great potential. Nicely done.

Santonio Holmes is practicing and looks like a go for week 1, is he worth to drop G Little or B Hartline for?