Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

The "Ask v0dka" Thread.

VOdka, start Alshon Jeffery against CIN or Steve Smith against SEA. The SEA cornerbacks worry me. 12 team league, standard scoring, no ppr. Thanks in advance.

VOdka, start Alshon Jeffery against CIN or Steve Smith against SEA. The SEA cornerbacks worry me. 12 team league, standard scoring, no ppr. Thanks in advance.

Steve Smith. Yeah, Seattle's corners are brutal and Newton is coming off a rough preseason, but the opportunities are going to be there. Don't over think it, roll with Smith.

:(

vOdka, I feel so shunned. No love for my question (page 5)?

Hey vOdak,

Currently have Bennett/Housler as my TE's (team below) in a TD heavy league. 1pt per 25 yards receiving, 6 per TD. Which one of these guys should I cut Housler for?

Fleener or Allen

Eifert

Gresham

Julius Thomas

Celek

Zach Miller

Any obvious upgrades here? I think I'm going to start Bennett on Sunday just to see how he does, but still would like to find somebody better over the course of the season.

Thanks

:(

vOdka, I feel so shunned. No love for my question (page 5)?

Haha, my bad. Sometimes questions get lost in the shuffle, just need to point me to them.

It's between Nate Washington or Brian Quick and both have very limited upside. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Washington. So, IMO, stand pat for now.

Is Julian Edelman on your waiver wire by any chance? He's being looked over by a lot of people in favor of a rookie like Aaron Dobson or Kenbrell Thompkins. I wouldn't be surprised if Edelman plays a much bigger role in Patriots offense than people think. If he is available, add him to your watch list.

Please help!!!

Should I drop Jay Cutler in my 8 team league and add Percy Harvin? We start 2 QB's and I will not bench Brees or Romo for Cutler. Brees does not have a bye week until week 7 which is the same week Harvin may be back and Romo's bye week is 11. Plus a lot can happen until then so my position player's will unlikely be the same. Worth the add or is there someone else I can drop? Thanks a lot!!!!

Help me too, if you dont mind...

Should I start Luck or Ben?

Should I start Foster, or Ridley?

Should I start Hakeem Nicks over Jordie Nelson, or Jordie Nelson over Torrey Smith?

Flex starter: 1 PPR

Jared Cook v Arz

or

Gio Bernard v Chicago?

Thanks!

Who knows how many touches Bernard is going to see and given that the Bears were the 4th best in fantasy points given up to RBs last season anyway, I'd play it safe with Cook for now.

12 team PPR 1 point per completions

Was going to go RB RB RB in my first three rounds but for some reason I took Megatron first (6th overall) Dez Bryant in the second round (19) overall and AJ Green in the third( No idea how he fell) We have 2 WR spots with a WR/TE and WR/RB (Antonio Brown) with Steven Ridley (Round 4) and Eddie Lacy (Round 5) as my starters... I have Le'veon Bell, Ahmad Brandshaw and Danny Woodhead on the bench hoping one of them breaks out this year with Greg Olson as my TE..thoughts?? I'm not to overly excited about my QB's (Big Ben & Palmer)

14 Team, .5 PPR, 3rd overall pick.

My team and # pick in ( )

QB: Michael Vick (87)

RB: Doug Martin (3)

RB: Reggie Bush (31)

WR: Pierre Garcon (54)

WR: Jordy Nelson (59)

TE: Jimmy Graham (26)

Flex: Daryl Richardson (82)

Bench:

RB: Isaiah Pead (110)

WR: Michael Floyd (115)

WR: Ryan Broyles (138)

QB: Jay Cutler (143)

WR: Darius Heyward Bey (164)

I'm really liking my team, I was planning on going rb-rb-rb with first 3 picks but when Graham was still there had to grab him, I'm huge on Garcon this year so happy to have him and Nelson.

Vick is obviously risky, I wasn't planning on drafting a backup qb unless I had an injury risk like Vick so snagged him.

Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated--leave a link and WHIR as always!

Hey Vodka, any input appreciated.

14 Team, .5 PPR, 3rd overall pick.

My team and # pick in ( )

QB: Michael Vick (87)

RB: Doug Martin (3)

RB: Reggie Bush (31)

WR: Pierre Garcon (54)

WR: Jordy Nelson (59)

TE: Jimmy Graham (26)

Flex: Daryl Richardson (82)

Bench:

RB: Isaiah Pead (110)

WR: Michael Floyd (115)

WR: Ryan Broyles (138)

QB: Jay Cutler (143)

WR: Darius Heyward Bey (164)

I'm really liking my team, I was planning on going rb-rb-rb with first 3 picks but when Graham was still there had to grab him, I'm huge on Garcon this year so happy to have him and Nelson.

Vick is obviously risky, I wasn't planning on drafting a backup qb unless I had an injury risk like Vick so snagged him.

Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated--leave a link and WHIR as always!

Thanks for doing this v0dka!

First time doing fantasy.

PPR League (.5 per catch)

TE Greg Olsen (CAR VS SEA at CAR) is the only TE in my roster so far. I've been reading bad things about the Panthers production against the Seahawks. Seahawks defense held TE to only 3 TDs and the 3rd fewest fantasy points for TE. They also really limited Cam this past year.

Should I pick up any of these players (via FA) and start them instead?

Brandon Pettigrew (DET vs MIN)

Zach Miller (SEA vs CAR)

Brent Celek (PHI vs WAS)

Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener (IND vs OAK)

Tyler Eifert (CIN vs CHI)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Help me too, if you dont mind...

Should I start Luck or Ben?

Should I start Foster, or Ridley?

Should I start Hakeem Nicks over Jordie Nelson, or Jordie Nelson over Torrey Smith?

Oakland's defense has allowed the last nine QB's they've faced to top 20 or more fantasy points. I'd roll the dice with Luck pretty easily.

PPR or standard scoring for the other questions?

Thanks for doing this v0dka!

First time doing fantasy.

PPR League (.5 per catch)

TE Greg Olsen (CAR VS SEA at CAR) is the only TE in my roster so far. I've been reading bad things about the Panthers production against the Seahawks. Seahawks defense held TE to only 3 TDs and the 3rd fewest fantasy points for TE. They also really limited Cam this past year.

Should I pick up any of these players (via FA) and start them instead?

Brandon Pettigrew (DET vs MIN)

Zach Miller (SEA vs CAR)

Brent Celek (PHI vs WAS)

Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener (IND vs OAK)

Tyler Eifert (CIN vs CHI)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pettigrew had 17-169-1 in the 2011 series vs. the Vikes and 10-99-1 last year. I'd still roll with Greg Olsen here, but if you really don't feel good about him - Pettigrew would be the guy I'd gamble with this week.

I think I was more hit than miss for my week 1 predictions.

I'm ready to start tackling more questions for week 2.

I was thinking of buying low on MJD.

Should I give D Richardson & DWill for MJD?

12 team, h2h, standard league

Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1flex, 1te, 1td, 1pk

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers

RB: Jamaal Charles, DeAngelo Williams, Giovani Bernard, Daryl Richardson, Pierre Thomas, Knile Davis

WR: A.J. Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Brown, Steve Johnson, Brian Hartline, Percy Harvin

TE: Jermichael Finley

Here's his team:

Here's his team:

Qb romo, cutler

RB foster, MJD, Murray, Blount

WR nicks, Colston, Djax, Floyd, moss, hey-bey

TE Gates, celek

After Boldin's 17 target, 13-catch 208 yards and a TD performance against Green Bay, a buddy of mine proposed a trade giving me Vincent Jackson for my Anquan Boldin. VJax is clearly a better receiver but Kaep is a much better QB in a much better 49er system. I haven't told numerous times by others here to take the trade but my fear is Boldin continues as SF's #1 receiver and Josh Freeman's horrible QB display limits Jackson. Thoughts or suggestions?

After Boldin's 17 target, 13-catch 208 yards and a TD performance against Green Bay, a buddy of mine proposed a trade giving me Vincent Jackson for my Anquan Boldin. VJax is clearly a better receiver but Kaep is a much better QB in a much better 49er system. I haven't told numerous times by others here to take the trade but my fear is Boldin continues as SF's #1 receiver and Josh Freeman's horrible QB display limits Jackson. Thoughts or suggestions?

Take VJax

Hello V0dka. My question is, if Roddy White remains "Questionable" should I sit him? If yes, who should I sit him for? Should I drop anyone, and pick someone up off the WW to take White's place until he's good to go, or try to execute a trade instead?

Thanks!

Hello V0dka. My question is, if Roddy White remains "Questionable" should I sit him? If yes, who should I sit him for? Should I drop anyone, and pick someone up off the WW to take White's place until he's good to go, or try to execute a trade instead?

Thanks!

"Yeah. It's hard to cut. It's hard to do just about everything at the position. No excuses. When you go out there, you try to win," he said, according to the Journal-Constitution.

He said "it will be maybe a few more weeks before I can go out there and be myself," according to the newspaper.

High ankle sprains are almost impossible to play on. I would immediately try shipping him off to an owner who thinks he's a buy-low candidate that's coming off a down week. What does your waiver wire look like?