Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Kellen Winslow 2013 Season Outlook

25 posts in this topic

He should be the Jets starting TE this season and could be a primary target in the passing game with the Jets depleted WR group. Winslow is said to be looking great in Jets camp. He has stated it's his goal to catch 100 receptions this season. He had over 70 receptions in 2011.

Thoughts/projections for Kellen Winslow this season?

Wha, huh? Did I get in my Hot Tub Time Machine and go back to 2007?

Seriously, unless you roster 30 players like your league does, he is completely off the TE radar. He's old and injury prone.

I have a soft spot for Winslow as I won a game last year by 1 point starting him when my TE, Angel Dust Aaron, went down. I still would not roster him. Wait and see type. Never know.

The Jets are also planning on using Cumberland a lot. He has already caught 2 TD's this preseason. So I'm not even sure if Winslow is the #1 TE in New York. The Jets really like what they see in Cumberland.

Is Winslow worth a #1 waiver in a deep league?

I'd think so, but it depends on who you have at TE and who else is on waivers. He showed good chemistry with Geno in the preseason and it looks like it carried over into the regular season.

Anyone saw the Jets game? Did Winslow look decent? Or do the stats (7/79/1) make him seem better than he actually was? (NFL highlights only have that 7-yard TD catch and I couldn't tell how quick he looked.)

Well Geno has to throw it to somebody, I guess. I wouldn't blow a high waiver spot on him. But I'd grab him to be my backup TE if I could get him free and clear out of the free agent pool.

Anyone saw the Jets game? Did Winslow look decent? Or do the stats (7/79/1) make him seem better than he actually was? (NFL highlights only have that 7-yard TD catch and I couldn't tell how quick he looked.)

I watched majority of the game, he looked pretty rejuvenated to me, must have spent the year taking a ton of HGH and whatever stash he got from his teammates in his short stint in Seattle. Seriously though, he looked quick and was getting open catching balls in space. I'm not sure his knees last, but I think he's a worthwhile cheap flier in a PPR. Dustin Keller was an ok TE2 in that offense so there's potential there.

I got him for $1 FAAB this morning, to backup Jared Cook, so I'm on board the hype train.

1 person likes this

I watched majority of the game, he looked pretty rejuvenated to me, must have spent the year taking a ton of HGH and whatever stash he got from his teammates in his short stint in Seattle. Seriously though, he looked quick and was getting open catching balls in space. I'm not sure his knees last, but I think he's a worthwhile cheap flier in a PPR. Dustin Keller was an ok TE2 in that offense so there's potential there.

I got him for $1 FAAB this morning, to backup Jared Cook, so I'm on board the hype train.

Someone in my league paid $35 FAAB for him this morning (out of $100), I know crazy.. :blink: LOL! :lol:

Grab him...their possession guy Kerley is out this Thursday, should be an solid flex play at the least since they will likely be playing catch-up most of the game

With the Jets receiving core in shambles does anyone think Winslow can bounce back this year and possibly become a top 10 TE?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m Jets TE Kellen Winslow suspended four games for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

The addition of Zach Sudfeld comes in handy......

What a f**king loser. After the Seahawks cut this guy, I saw him at the airport and wished him luck. He said "thanks," but you could tell that he thinks his "sh*t don't stink." Well, have fun sitting on the couch, buddy.

LOL Nailed it.