Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Curry For You

When do Yahoo registrations start?

I believe it was Aug. 28 last year -- 1. I mentioned it to someone in an e-mail that I did a mock draft that day and 2. one of the posters from the message boards also said they believed it was Aug. 28:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/message-boards/?&bn=66d3c010-d2dd-350e-bc87-5fddc21374dc&tid=1377631593624-f9565728-a3ba-40df-a022-95df4070a2fe&tls=la%2Cd%2C0%2C3

Another person in one of those message boards on Aug. 9 relayed this message from some unknown soul at Yahoo:

"Hey there,

We don't have a set date yet as to when Fantasy Basketball is going to launch at this time. However, registration will be available well before the upcoming 2013 - 2014 NBA season start date on October 29, 2013. Fantasy Basketball will probably open late August / early September."

Anyone have any idea of when yahoo will open? The past couple of years its always open in the last week of Aug. Pre-season is about a month away and still no registrations? I'm willing to bet it opens up tomorrow. Yahoo tends to always open on Tuesdays

I also feel it will open up tomorrow on a Tuesday.

Tomorrow looks to be the day. :D

What makes you say that?

Yahoo FBB usualy starts on a Tuesday around Labor Day. It must be tomorrow!

I am as disappointed as anyone else. I really expected confetti and fireworks at 6pm. :(

Maybe it's best to not speculate from here on out -- if anyone gets some info, cite the source and stop getting my hopes up! :P

Yeah - It seemed like a lot was favoring tonight, but ah well. We know it will be soon...

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but:

When I was looking through my Yahoo mail for someone to e-mail about a start date, I discovered that I did a couple mocks on Aug. 27 of last year, then they stopped (you might recall Yahoo had a false start last year) and then....

They started again Sept. 5.

I knew it! then we will blame swedes :P just kidding. This is dragging too long, Fantrax has opened their fbb more than 3 months ago, ESPN opened theirs a month ago (I think). So hopefully, they will open the yahoo fbb before september 10.

Blahhhhhhhhh. Waiting, waiting, waiting. YAHOO! :@

Blahhhhhhhhh. Waiting, waiting, waiting. YAHOO! :@

ESPN has mock drafts but they don't seem to be up yet. At least, I couldn't find them today. But I did them last year for sure.

I check twice a day the last 2 weeks. Perhaps the Yahoo team joined Lamar in rehab and lost track of time.

Thank YOU! Finally, we have word on this. Now I don't have to check the site every 30 minutes.