Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

Top 12 picks in 2008

One guy no one has mentioned that will help you all around (except assists) is Al Jefferson... He shoots around 50% from the field, good at the line, averages a DD a game and he has the oh so important C eligibility.

One guy no one has mentioned that will help you all around (except assists) is Al Jefferson... He shoots around 50% from the field, good at the line, averages a DD a game and he has the oh so important C eligibility.

Al Jefferson stepped up to be one of the best centers last season. I enjoyed adding him after I lost Krstic. Jeff is EASILY among the top 12 centers. However, I don't see him going in the 1st round of the 1st 12 overall players.

I've got Jefferson around the 4th-5th round.

Take him higher than that at your own peril, based on your own projectiosn.

When I made this thread I had clearly wrapped up the title in my league and instead of basking in my glory I started to look ahead to next year...i made my list half kidding with Hermann in there, but since this thread has become a hit I have revised my top 12:

1. Marion

2. Bryant

3. Garnett

4. Nowitzki

5. James

6. Wade

7. Arenas

8. Nash

9. Brand

10. Allen

11. Lewis

12. Ming

Lewis, eh? That's completely dependent on where he ends up.

If the discussed sign-and-trade to the Rockets happened, for example, he wouldn't merit a spot on your list (not with Ming and McGrady there already).

I wonder if this is the year that people stop taking LeBron 1st overall? We shall see.

I am in a 6 cat league that does not include %'s and TO's. We have 10 teams. Based on CAT's and taking into consideration a formula that makes all categories equal, My top 20 per last years ending stats are as follows: Again this does not account for injury prone individuals.

1Arenas, Gilbert G2Allen, Ray G3Wade, Dwyane G4Smith, Josh F5Davis, Baron G6Bryant, Kobe G7James, LeBron F8Camby, Marcus C9Kidd, Jason G10McGrady, Tracy F11Marion, Shawn F12Nash, Steve G13Lewis, Rashard F14Garnett, KevinF15Artest, Ron F16Pierce, Paul F17Miller, Mike F18Iverson, Allen G19Carter, Vince G20Duncan, Tim F

Where's Dirk? 42 - thats what a decline in 3's, stls and blks will get you.

Despite the actual rankings, League draft will look like this due to Forwards being a premuim ( I would love J-smoove in 2nd round - statistically #1 forward).

1. James

2. Marion

3. Kobe

4. Garnett

5. Arenas

6. Nowitzki

7. Brand

8. Wade

9. Duncan

10. Pierce (Boston hometown)

1 - Marion

2 - Garnett

3 - Nowitzki

4 - Bryant

5 - Wade

6 - James

7 - Nash

8 - Brand

9 - Arenas

10 - Ming

11 - Allen

12 - J-SMOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still like my list. Any new thoughts as we inch toward the next NBA season?

I can't believe everyone is taking marion #1. I thought he was kind of a bust this year.

yeah, that makes no sense to me.

I'm not in a rotoleague, and i'm fully aware that hes a roto stud....but Stoudamire is the new sheriff in town, and Marions production will continue to slip imo....

My league, he will go around 15-20th....

Lewis, eh? That's completely dependent on where he ends up.

If the discussed sign-and-trade to the Rockets happened, for example, he wouldn't merit a spot on your list (not with Ming and McGrady there already).

I wonder if this is the year that people stop taking LeBron 1st overall? We shall see.

I do not like Lewis either this year - new team/system...let someone else take the gamble..

i also dont like Ray Allen this year - hes getting really old, and also on a new team

i like lewis this yr. he might not be the #1 option with d-howard getting the ball, but he'll definitely be the #1 scorer for the magic. i dont think too many SFs can match up with him very well in the east. unlike the sonics last yr and in previous yrs, teh magic have an inside presence to free lewis up for spot up opportunities. when d-how gets in foul trouble, which will happen alot, lewis becomes the go-to guy.

paul pierce is criminally slept on as well. he was a top 10 player for a while last yr and this yr he wont get shut down for tanking purposes. his scoring might be down a little bit, but his overall game is very solid. he should be more efficient and get even more assists with a true #2 scoring option beside him.

barring injury, cp3's a top 12 player as well. he does everything for his team. hopefully he'll expand his range over teh summer.

i think i'll go

1. marion

2. kobe

3. KG

4. LBJ

5. dirk

6. arenas

7. wade

8. brand

9. nash

10. pierce

11. ming

12. lewis

i like lewis this yr. he might not be the #1 option with d-howard getting the ball, but he'll definitely be the #1 scorer for the magic. i dont think too many SFs can match up with him very well in the east. unlike the sonics last yr and in previous yrs, teh magic have an inside presence to free lewis up for spot up opportunities. when d-how gets in foul trouble, which will happen alot, lewis becomes the go-to guy.

paul pierce is criminally slept on as well. he was a top 10 player for a while last yr and this yr he wont get shut down for tanking purposes. his scoring might be down a little bit, but his overall game is very solid. he should be more efficient and get even more assists with a true #2 scoring option beside him.

barring injury, cp3's a top 12 player as well. he does everything for his team. hopefully he'll expand his range over teh summer.

i think i'll go

1. marion

2. kobe

3. KG

4. LBJ

5. dirk

6. arenas

7. wade

8. brand

9. nash

10. pierce

11. ming

12. lewis

his scoring should be fine, but ya gotta think his rebounds take a big hit along side Howard.....

again, marion 1???

Deng is a 3rd-4th rounder, not a 4th-5th rounder.

Also, for H2H, Marion is probably a lot lower than 1st (5th-10th, depending on your league). In H2H, percentage guys aren't as valuable as in roto because there's a ton of fluctuation involved. You could have the equivalent of a 1st place roto FG% team and you would probably only win 2/3 or 3/4 of the time in that category.

You gotta remember that he put up a huge season when Stoudamire was out (05)...last year with Amare back, his numbers went down...in my hth league, he avg'd 45 fantasy points per game last year which puts in line with J. Oniel, L. Odom etc...he went # 5 last year in my league, but should go around 20th if you really believe the Amare presence was the biggest factor in his drop....

again, i realize that hes more valuable in roto...but # 1?????

I don't know how your league awards fantasy points, but in a standard 8-cat league, Marion has been top-3 for a couple of years, and last year, with Amare playing in all 82 games, he only fell to #8 in averages and #4 in totals in my rater.

I'd say he's a very steady top contributor, and that's what probably makes him a top pick. I think Kobe or Garnett could go first too, but i wouldn't be surprised to see Marion going first. No way he falls to #20 or #25 as you suggested. No way he falls out of the top-5, by the way, in a standard 8-cat league, no matter if it's roto or hth.

You gotta remember that he put up a huge season when Stoudamire was out (05)...last year with Amare back, his numbers went down...in my hth league, he avg'd 45 fantasy points per game last year which puts in line with J. Oniel, L. Odom etc...he went # 5 last year in my league, but should go around 20th if you really believe the Amare presence was the biggest factor in his drop....

again, i realize that hes more valuable in roto...but # 1?????

Marion has been the most valuable fantasy player for at least the last 2 seasons in a row. He contributes in every category & hurts you nowhere. Marion is clearly the 1st pick.

I don't have anyone in mind to replace him but I wouldn't put Allen there, but I am sure there are at least a few others.

Nobody comes to mind for me cause im totally outta basketball mode here...............but Id exclude Allen as well.

If L Odom Is healthy could he be a sleeper/poorman 4x4 guy?

Im a Lakers fan, and LO puts up good stats when healthy, But Where does he rank?

Im a Lakers fan, and LO puts up good stats when healthy, But Where does he rank?

not near top 12, thats for sure. maybe high 20's, lower 30's. but its obvious that playing with kobe and in a triangle offense stunts his fantasy potential.

Lamar Odom is not a sleeper at this point in his career...you know what your gonna get from him....hes a low end # 1 fantasy forward, or high end # 2....

I'd rank him around 25th......

not near top 12, thats for sure. maybe high 20's, lower 30's. but its obvious that playing with kobe and in a triangle offense stunts his fantasy potential.

it stunts his scoring - thats it...hes still a phenominal fantasy player to own.....

Deng is a 3rd-4th rounder, not a 4th-5th rounder.

Also, for H2H, Marion is probably a lot lower than 1st (5th-10th, depending on your league). In H2H, percentage guys aren't as valuable as in roto because there's a ton of fluctuation involved. You could have the equivalent of a 1st place roto FG% team and you would probably only win 2/3 or 3/4 of the time in that category.

Yeah, my h2h pts league, he will prob go around 12th to 18th...his numbers took a big hit with Studamire around last year

My top 12:

In standard Yahoo league (9 cat. including turnovers)

1) Marion (fewest turnovers among the fantasy studs)

2) KG

3) Arenas (I think I'm higher on him than most)

4) Dirk

5) Kobe

6) LeBron James

7) Amare Stoudemire

8) Steve Nash

9) Elton Brand

10) Dwayne Wade (would be higher by 5 once we're sure about his rehab)

11) Yao Ming

12) Pau Gasol

8 Categories without turnovers

1) Arenas

2) Kobe

3) KG

4) Marion

5) Dirk

6) LeBron

7) Nash

8) Wade

9) Amare Stoudemire

10) Elton Brand

11) Yao Ming

12) Baron Davis

NBA.com Fantasy Basketball Hall of Famer (2007 Inductee)

That's pretty sweet. Just out of curiosity, what are your roto rankings?

Yeah, my h2h pts league, he will prob go around 12th to 18th...his numbers took a big hit with Studamire around last year

only reason why marion's ranked so low in your league is cuz you're in a pts league. %'s a big part of marion's game, the guy is extremely consistent and efficient. in any other scoring system marion's easily top 5.