Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeF

Fosworth "Fozzy" Whittaker 2013 Season Outlook

103 posts in this topic

Whittaker is currently #4 on the Chargers depth chart but OC Whisenhunt is a big fan of his. Ronnie Brown is currently #3 but is worthless for fantasy purposes and could well be cut. #2 is Danny Woodhead who could have some PPR value but isn't really someone you think of carrying a full load when Ryan Mathews gets hurt. Enter Fozzy Whittaker? He isn't getting a lot of talk but I think he's an interesting off the charts pick up in deeper leagues given Mathews' injury history. Anyone have thoughts on Fozzy?

Who is he? I know of a RB named Foswhitt Whittaker, aka Fozzy Whittaker from Texas. Who is Fosworth? Like Bosworth? The Foz.... or maybe you're looking for a the city of Fort Worth. Who is this Fosworth? Or maybe how much is Fios worth?

Anyone have thoughts on Fozzy?

Kermit, Miss Piggy and Scooter might be the best "people" to ask. But if Ronnie Brown gets cut, this could be an interesting thread.

OH YEAH!!!! I thought i was the only one to see this guy breaking off runs at the end of that week 2 game they had. As you stated Ronnie Brown is no longer relevant in the NFL these days, however comma this guy looked EXPLOSIVE!!! he needs more snaps no homo, but i need to see more of this guy

the next jackie battle

Best post of 2013.

Jackie Battle. Most talented backup ever.

1 person likes this

As someone else already pointed out his first name is Foswhitt.

The guy looks more like another 3rd down/change of pace type of back. He's 5'10 202 lbs, and doesn't run with any power and not much elusiveness. He has decent straight line speed.

But there's no reason to show any interest in him. Talent wise he doesn't look like anymore than a decent backup. If Mathews goes down, it will likely end up a full split between him and Woodhead (might even be more in favor of Woodhead), and I don't see either guy putting up huge rushing yards.

Also his preseason totals - going against backups for the most part mind you

29 att / 96 yds / 3.3 avg / 2 TD / 4 rec / 44 yds / 11.0 avg

It's also possible they keep another back on the roster too (especially considering Mathews' durability). Last year they had 4 RBs and a FB. Mathews + Woodhead + Fozzy makes 3 RBs. I think Brown will get cut, but I can't guarantee it. They could keep Michael Hill around. Although he hasn't looked good in prseason, he is a bigger power type of back who would be a better replacement as a 1st/2nd down RB.

Even though his name is spelled wrong in the title here, he made the team. But so did Ronnie Brown, which tempers my enthusiasm for the Fozz.

Here's your Sproles 2.0, not Woodhead. If you're in a league that does return yardage, he'll win it over oft-injured Eddie Royal in no time and will probably take over 3rd down duties by Game 5.

Full disclosure:

1. Boy was I wrong about Welker

2. Boy am I happy to have my eggs in the David Wilson basket.

3. Boy will you be happy if you add Fozzy and drop whoever the heck you are stashing.

I said in the McGahee thread when he was signed, the 2013 breakout star isn't on the roster yet. Fozzy has arrived!

I wish he was bald and with CHI when got traded. FW was a bear. FW had no hair... that would have been too much!