Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

James Starks 2013 Season Outlook

145 posts in this topic

Thoughts are outside of Lacy no Packers RB is worth owning.

This. I was high on Starks coming in, but he hasn't shown much with his opportunities. If Lacy goes down I would expect them to do what they did last year when Ced Ben went down and just throw it.

Packers just waived Alex Green, James Starks officially becomes their 2nd string. Thoughts...

Have fun w him.....

He would be catching a lot of passes presumably..isn't that worth something in a PPR?

He would be catching a lot of passes presumably..isn't that worth something in a PPR?

Starks struggles catching a cold.

Starks struggles catching a cold.

That's a plus if anything.

Actually, he's horrible at catching passes. That's why they never used him as their 3rd-down RB. During their Superbowl run, Starks was their 1st and 2nd-down back, Brandon Jackson was their 3rd-down back.

He has ZERO value in a PPR.

I'd roster Franklin ahead of Starks at this point.

Apparently Kuhn is going to be their 3rd-down RB. Not because he's such a great pass catcher but right now he's their best pass blocker. And that's not even close. Franklin has looked very unimpressive so far according to the beat writers. He's having a hard time adjusting to the NFL.

I'd roster Franklin ahead of Starks at this point.

Apparently Kuhn is going to be their 3rd-down RB. Not because he's such a great pass catcher but right now he's their best pass blocker. And that's not even close. Franklin has looked very unimpressive so far according to the beat writers. He's having a hard time adjusting to the NFL.

Yep. There were rumors of him being on the roster bubble. He has a LONG ways to go before being fantasy relevant.

I'll probably put a claim in, but I wonder if this ends in a platoon if Lacy is out for multiple weeks - Kuhn has been productive for GB in the past, and as bad as Franklin looked in the pre-season, they must have some faith in him based on where they selected him. Also, as good as Starks looked today, I'm beginning to think the Redskins D might be a frequent victim for offenses all year.

The problem I have with naming Starks as "the top waiver claim" is that Lacy will be back sooner than later, and you're not even guaranteed that Starks will be a plug-and-play for next week.

I'll probably put a claim in, but I wonder if this ends in a platoon if Lacy is out for multiple weeks - Kuhn has been productive for GB in the past, and as bad as Franklin looked in the pre-season, they must have some faith in him based on where they selected him. Also, as good as Starks looked today, I'm beginning to think the Redskins D might be a frequent victim for offenses all year.

The Skins D was completely gassed because their offense couldn't stay on the field. Next week will be a much bigger test against that Bengals DL.

At this point in time I'll drop Ingram for him, but If I go 2-0, which is how it's shaping up, he'll probably go ahead of me. So I will probably prioritize Royal and drop Thompkins.

At this point in time I'll drop Ingram for him, but If I go 2-0, which is how it's shaping up, he'll probably go ahead of me. So I will probably prioritize Royal and drop Thompkins.

Keep us posted...

8 people like this

Someone in my league will probably bid alot for him this week, but it won't be me. I think he's a marginal talent on a pass first team who tore up a terrible defense. This probably will end up being his best game of the season.

I think unless it comes out that Lacy is out for 4-6 weeks with concussion symptoms (and I know that's not a realistic report), Starks will have little value other than perhaps a one week fill-in. When Lacy comes back, this is his backfield. Surprised though to see Starks essentially come out of nowhere. I have never followed the Green Bay backfield much, but hasn't Starks had a few games like this in his career before? Wildly inconsistent.

Apparently Kuhn has a hamstring issue, which helps Starks even more at least for next week. What about Franklin? Was he inactive yesterday or just didn't see the field? Seems like the Packers really whiffed with drafting Franklin.