Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

2013 Survivor Pool Picks and Discussion

292 posts in this topic

I know there's a ton of us who participate in survivor pools on here. Just wanted to get this thread up so we can post our plays and have a discussion as to who the best plays, most common plays, etc are from week to week.

1 person likes this

If NE doesn't beat Buffalo with Tuel at QB...idk what I'll do, but it'll be pretty drastic....

The Pats and Colts will be popular picks this week and rightfully so although I feel a lot better with the Colts at home. The Pats should win but the Bills always plays them tough at home.

I'm going Indy on both my teams, but I'm starting to think that Bucs over the Jets is a ballsy move that I might throw one of those picks against. Generally I hate being that risky week 1 cause I've been booted first week before, but no way I can see the Jets winning, right?

1 person likes this

For me its either Indy or Tampa....TB is on the road but it might not matter because its the Jets

Great idea V0dka. I'm leaning towards Indy @ home but nothing final yet. TB is enticing with how bad the Jet have looked this preseason.

Maybe instead of a yearly thread a weekly thread maybe better...Just a suggestion.

1 person likes this

Maybe instead of a yearly thread a weekly thread maybe better...Just a suggestion.

we did this last year and I think it worked a lot better. I can start it up next week but let's stick to this one for Week 1 discussions.

The Patriots will have better spots than a division game on the road... They are obviously still a solid pick but there's no better week to play the Colts than in week 1. If your pool is massive you can't "waste" the Patriots in week 1. Of course, plenty of people will still pick the Colts but by saving the Patriots for later in the season you leave yourself with more options.

I'm going with Tampa. I'll save the Colts for one of their games vs the Jags or Titans.

Anyone considering the Pats may want to wait until at least next week. Not many lopsided games, and they get the Jets at home.

I'm going with Tampa. I'll save the Colts for one of their games vs the Jags or Titans.

that's risky... I actually have a huge bet on the Jets for a small home upset (the spread is only 3 points). No way would I take a road team in week 1 unless it's the Patriots, let alone the Buccaneers. Good luck though; I understand wanting to save the Colts for later but this is pretty much ideal for them.. Raiders are worse than a division game against the Titans or Jags.

Have to say, it's hard to sway from the Colts. I've learned week one I want to roll with the safest pick as possible.

The Rams seem likely a sneaky pick too, but I'm not that brave right now.

we did this last year and I think it worked a lot better. I can start it up next week but let's stick to this one for Week 1 discussions.

http://forums.rotowo...ic=300579&st=20

my bad, thought this was the week 1 thread. But you're right, lets keep it to one main thread for the whole year :)

There was one main thread? And you said the same thing last year, lol. However you want to do it is fine though, doesn't matter to me. I just personally prefer yearly threads because I can bookmark a single page and not have to search throughout the forum for the week's thread.

I'm leaning Pittsburgh this week.

Stay away from the "obvious" and "popular" is the key to victory !

1 person likes this

Biggest spread right now is NE-9.5 @ Buffalo. But remember when Buffalo knocked off NE last year? But I highly doubt it happens again.

Indy is pretty good, they play an awful team at home that's in a QB crap conundrum.

Also, you're not going to have too many opportunities to use them and feel great about it like you do this week. Think it's a no brainer. TB was my other thought, but they are on the road and their offense is a little more inconsistent than Indys.

I generally never like to get cute with my picks, leave the tougher decisions for later. I generally burn a great team in the first week, this year it's almost doing us a favor by making a mid team the clear cut choice.

No one's mentioned the Broncos yet? Will probably be my choice

Save them for when they play KC, SD or OAK

No one's mentioned the Broncos yet? Will probably be my choice

They got beat by an inferior (yes, inferior!) Ravens team in last year's playoffs... They did whip them in the regular season and they are always great in the home opener but there will be better weeks to use the Broncos than in week 1. They are very good and should win but there are enough other choices for me not to even look at wasting the Broncos

Pats are favs by 9.5, unheard of for a road team. What are the bills going to do to stop them? The last time they beat the pats, they picked off Brady 4-5 times and Fitzpatrick/Fred Jackson were in great form. Otherwise, it's usually one way traffic. I have heard marrone is implementing some kind of spread offense, best case scenario for them is to catch the pats off guard but they would need a bit of luck to go their way as well.

I'm leaning either broncos or saints. Pretty safe home field advantage against overrated opposition.

Pats are favs by 9.5, unheard of for a road team. What are the bills going to do to stop them? The last time they beat the pats, they picked off Brady 4-5 times and Fitzpatrick/Fred Jackson were in great form. Otherwise, it's usually one way traffic. I have heard marrone is implementing some kind of spread offense, best case scenario for them is to catch the pats off guard but they would need a bit of luck to go their way as well.

I'm leaning either broncos or saints. Pretty safe home field advantage against overrated opposition.

The Broncos should win but 10 point favorites is severely underrating a Ravens squad...I wouldn't touch that game.

And the Saints vs a division opponent who also play very well in a dome? Not a great spot either...those games are always high scoring plus the Falcons are a better team.