Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thirdeye

Heath Miller 2013 Season Outlook

73 posts in this topic

Miller was targeted by Big Ben a lot last season. He's coming off a serious knee injury ahead of when most experts expected and will avoid starting the season on the PUP list. Is anyone stashing him on their bench (especially those in deeper leagues)? It looks like he could be back sometime mid to late September.

From Rotoworld: "The Steelers chose not to leave Miller on the PUP list, confirming they expect him back sometime before Week 7. The Week 4 game in Minnesota is a possibility, although they do have a Week 5 bye. With Matt Spaeth (foot) also sidelined, David Johnson is expected to start Sunday's opener against the Titans."

Once he's back, will he put up same performance as last year and worth rostering now? Or will injury/ age keep him at bay?

I'm thinking that in a 14 team league he would be worth a bench spot. With Wallace no longer in the picture, Miller could easily have another decent season yardage wise with the occasional TD sprinkled in.

Looking to grab this guy after the waivers clear next week and stash him.

Could be a good pick up for those in leagues with a lot of members carrying two TE's or for someone who grabbed a late flier that doesn't pan out. Worth waiting to see if he's slowed down or not?

From Rotoworld: "The Steelers chose not to leave Miller on the PUP list, confirming they expect him back sometime before Week 7. The Week 4 game in Minnesota is a possibility, although they do have a Week 5 bye. With Matt Spaeth (foot) also sidelined, David Johnson is expected to start Sunday's opener against the Titans."

Once he's back, will he put up same performance as last year and worth rostering now? Or will injury/ age keep him at bay?

Yes, at age 30, after a torn ACL, he is a lock to match his career year numbers from last season.

No.

I scooped him up. Ben loves him. And needs him desperately. I figured they would wait until after week 5, but I guess an 0-2 start makes for desperation. They are a better team with miller on the field.

I would have said I will pick him up but with how bad the steelers O has been lately, I will wait...

They have a great defense. They'll be in it a lot of games, and will have to catch up in others. I like Miller because i see him garnering a lot of targets as a short, trusted read.

Solid consolation prize if you miss out on Coby Fleener.

Less upside than Eifert, should still be productive if he shows well coming off major knee surgery.

The way Tomlin talked about him yesterday did not seem too promising.

Less upside than Eifert, should still be productive if he shows well coming off major knee surgery.

if Eifert were the only TE in CIN I would be all over him. The split with Gresham ruins it.

Miller, when healthy, should be the lone wolf for Pitt. And we know he is a favorite of Ben.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with Eifert having more upside when he's splitting reps with an equally effective Gresham.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with Eifert having more upside when he's splitting reps with an equally INeffective Gresham.

fixed that for ya.

Scratched Vernon davis..was 2 sec from picking up Zach Miller on Waiver grrrrr..anyone knows any more detail on Heath??

fleener is a bum

I think he's worth a speculative add, especially in leagues where you can play TE as a FLEX, like mine. I saw an article saying they are hoping to take his snap count restriction off as early as this weekend.

*On a side note... can we add Miller to the pinned Season Outlook topic

Facing the Vikings - defense that has allowed a league-worst six touchdowns to opposing tight ends this season.

Facing the Vikings - defense that has allowed a league-worst six touchdowns to opposing tight ends this season.

As a Vikings fan, I really like the matchup for Heath lol. That said, I hope he's not on a snap count restriction this week.

As a Vikings fan, I really like the matchup for Heath lol. That said, I hope he's not on a snap count restriction this week.

You hoped correctly

Source: ESPN.com - Scott Brown

Pittsburgh Steelers TE Heath Miller (knee) won't be restricted in the team's Week 4 game against the Minnesota Vikings.