Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Week 2 WW pickups

steve blake

nate mcmillan came to his senses and realized that jarret jack sucks. blake's been named the new starter and i dont see him relinquishing it any time soon. hes obviously the better PG and the better player.

steve blake

nate mcmillan came to his senses and realized that jarret jack sucks. blake's been named the new starter and i dont see him relinquishing it any time soon. hes obviously the better PG and the better player.

Yeah this means nothing, neither is a clear cut stud...and Terry comes off the bench for Dallas and puts up way higher numbers than harris.

Yeah this means nothing, neither is a clear cut stud...and Terry comes off the bench for Dallas and puts up way higher numbers than harris.

yeah great point man. who's your pick up of the week? tinsley again?

not everybody can be in shallow leagues like you, so the rest of us who have barren FA pools have to analyze any shift in the depth charts. both blake and jack had their chance to compete for the starting spot. blake won cuz he's better than jack, not only is he the starter but i think hes earned the heavier share of the minutes. blake can be great with assists when surrounded by talent. as a starter last yr for the nugs, blake was good for 7 assts a game to go along with a 3 and a stl. isntead of playing w/ outlaw, frye and co on the 2nd unit, he gets to run with roy, aldridge and webster. not a ad pick-up if you're looking for assts.

none of these guys are available in my leagues...blake and lowry...anyone got deeper lists?

none of these guys are available in my leagues...blake and lowry...anyone got deeper lists?

maybe Mike James

maybe Mike James

nope

Could Wally World be on this one this week? His game tonight is better than Wilkins and could be the pick up favour in Seattle. Otherwise, I can only see them splitting mins.

Jeff McInnis - Could be good for a run if Felton is missing any serious time.

It is going to be McInnins? I was just going to post and ask who the guy to replace him is.

I'm gonna pick him up for now, since I have an empty roster spot to fill up anyway.

Felton's x-ray and MRI were both negative. He is a game time decision for tomorrow. Knee injuries tend to linger, so I don't expect him to 100% for a few games, but after collapsing to the floor and not bearing any weight on the leg, looks like it wasn't as big a deal as expected.

This may not be deep enough or it might be a little late, but Daniel Gibson. I added him last week in all my deeper leagues after his first big game, but I was able to add him in three standard leagues tonight, which was shocking to me. Seems like a great source of threes at this point and may get you a few other numbers as well. This kid looks pretty good so far and Hughes looks so bad, that I think he might be in for a big season.

For deeper leagues, might I suggest Antoine Wright for NJ. He is averaging 27 minutes a game so far and had a very nice line tonight. Jefferson and Vince aren't rocks either, so Wright might even get a bump in value if either goes down. I don't know much about him to be honest, but I love 3rd year players to break out and he was a first round pick 3 years ago and so far it looks like the Nets are intent on getting him some minutes.

i picked up mcinnis...

wright and gibson are not available

for deeeep leagues (240+ players)

sasha pavlovic

bonzi wells(rebs/stls)

jordan farmar

jaric(if mccants out)

damon jones (3's)

songalia

robert swift

jarvis hayes

do your own research! B)

I don't think NJ exercised Wright's option for next season. I expect him to be solid this year, but if they aren't invested in his future, NJ will only let him play as long as he is hot or helps them win. No reason to get him PT and develop him if he isn't even going to be around in the future. So far he is averaging around 17ppg and last year he averaged closer to 4.5ppg. He is a good sleeper option, but I think his hot start will cool off, unless there is an injury.

yeah...pretty tough to get "studs" off the waiver wire...unless you play in a 4 team league?

I don't think NJ exercised Wright's option for next season. I expect him to be solid this year, but if they aren't invested in his future, NJ will only let him play as long as he is hot or helps them win. No reason to get him PT and develop him if he isn't even going to be around in the future. So far he is averaging around 17ppg and last year he averaged closer to 4.5ppg. He is a good sleeper option, but I think his hot start will cool off, unless there is an injury.

Last time I checked that was pretty impressive for a 16 team league WW pick up.

Okay, for one, that is why I said DEEPER LEAGUES (should I bold and capitalize this in the future?), and second, I guess that just means that he is in a contract year, which usually makes a guy that much more enticing in most formats.

They may end up regretting not offering up. The truth is that they haven't given him enough run to evaluate him, but that doesn't mean that he isn't worth anything or can't break out. You can't always go by what an organization thinks about a guy. I remember the Kings not protecting Gerald Wallace in an expansion draft either. I bet they regret that now.

They can always resign him. They will play whoever is going to help them win. I doubt he would be the first guy to not get his option that played well in his walk year. And like I emphasized before, Do you expect a full season from Vince and Richard Jefferson? You would be optimistic.

You guys need to realize this is a list of potential WW pickups. Not "studs." Studs got drafted. The best you are hoping for is contributors now and maybe to get lucky and get a Biedrins or Ellis off the FA list. Doesn't always happen though. Let's not criticize because they don't have value in your 6-team joker league.

They can always resign him.

since they didnt pick up his option, he'll be an unrestricted FA next summer. if he raises his value beyond what the nets can offer him, they can't re-sign him.

becuz of his UFA status next summer, the nets have no incentive to play him as much as possible.

A guy I am noticing on alot of waiver wires is Carlos Delfino. as a Piston fan I have watched him on our bench for years and the guy can score. whenever he entered the games he was no better than the 4th option so he has not had a chance to show that off. he is not doing a whole lot right now but I expect his numbers to climb all season long and if someone needs 3 point help in a deep league he is already providing that.

since they didnt pick up his option, he'll be an unrestricted FA next summer. if he raises his value beyond what the nets can offer him, they can't re-sign him.

becuz of his UFA status next summer, the nets have no incentive to play him as much as possible.

Yeah, but is this any reason not to pick him up?

Do I think he will keep up this pace? No, but if he gets 25-30 minutes and keeps hitting 3's and scores between 12-15, it would be well worth the WW pickup. Can he do this? Well, I don't know that either, but I will definately be monitoring and I have already added him in my deep leagues. Better to gamble on an unknown IMO, than a proven loser that isn't getting any time either.

If he proves that he can play, and he is off to a damn good start, and they want to win, they will play him.

I just don't understand the logic of not adding a guy because he won't be under contract next year. If he is producing, does it really matter to your fantasy squad?

Yeah, but is this any reason not to pick him up?

Do I think he will keep up this pace? No, but if he gets 25-30 minutes and keeps hitting 3's and scores between 12-15, it would be well worth the WW pickup. Can he do this? Well, I don't know that either, but I will definately be monitoring and I have already added him in my deep leagues. Better to gamble on an unknown IMO, than a proven loser that isn't getting any time either.

If he proves that he can play, and he is off to a damn good start, and they want to win, they will play him.

I just don't understand the logic of not adding a guy because he won't be under contract next year. If he is producing, does it really matter to your fantasy squad?

sorry dude, i was just nitpicking. you said that the nets could always re-sign him. its no guarantee now that hes unrestricted.

once carter returns to form, wright wont see 25 minutes on a consistent basis.

believe it or not, some teams have been known to lower their own potential FAs value in an attempt to re-sign them for cheap or for a discount.

sorry dude, i was just nitpicking. you said that the nets could always re-sign him. its no guarantee now that hes unrestricted.

once carter returns to form, wright wont see 25 minutes on a consistent basis.

believe it or not, some teams have been known to lower their own potential FAs value in an attempt to re-sign them for cheap or for a discount.

It's cool.

Yes, this is true. I was just looking for the "deeper options" that everyone wanted. Seems like he fits that bill.

He wouldn't have to play at a star level to be worth a look in deeper leagues. Even if he is a UFA, that could be very good for guys in dynasties if this kid can play and he signs someplace else next year as a starter.

Like I said in the same post though, the Nets might regret not reupping him. There is definately a chance that he prices himself out of there, but they can also resign him as well.

I honestly don't know too much about him, but so far the numbers are nice for a free agent in deep leagues.

Also, like I stated before, if RJ or Vince get hurt, I think they have to play this kid. Kind of hard to justify him sitting if he is producing, especially if they are in the playoff seedings chase, which they should be in the East.

do your own research! B)

lol...i do for baseball and football...

basketball is kinda my "off-season" fantasy sport...just til baseball gets back...

plus...basketball is kinda boring...i cant watch games...just highlights and stats...lol

help a brother out...i thought thats what this thread was for...lol