Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Week 2 WW pickups

does rasual butler have any value?

lol...i do for baseball and football...

basketball is kinda my "off-season" fantasy sport...just til baseball gets back...

plus...basketball is kinda boring...i cant watch games...just highlights and stats...lol

help a brother out...i thought thats what this thread was for...lol

im messin with ya slim...i know your a baseball guy

im messin with ya slim...i know your a baseball guy

hehe...

i barely know any basketball players...all these guys i see threads about...im like who???

Last time I checked that was pretty impressive for a 16 team league WW pick up.

Okay, for one, that is why I said DEEPER LEAGUES (should I bold and capitalize this in the future?), and second, I guess that just means that he is in a contract year, which usually makes a guy that much more enticing in most formats.

They may end up regretting not offering up. The truth is that they haven't given him enough run to evaluate him, but that doesn't mean that he isn't worth anything or can't break out. You can't always go by what an organization thinks about a guy. I remember the Kings not protecting Gerald Wallace in an expansion draft either. I bet they regret that now.

They can always resign him. They will play whoever is going to help them win. I doubt he would be the first guy to not get his option that played well in his walk year. And like I emphasized before, Do you expect a full season from Vince and Richard Jefferson? You would be optimistic.

You guys need to realize this is a list of potential WW pickups. Not "studs." Studs got drafted. The best you are hoping for is contributors now and maybe to get lucky and get a Biedrins or Ellis off the FA list. Doesn't always happen though. Let's not criticize because they don't have value in your 6-team joker league.

I wasn't saying he isn't worth a pickup, especially in a 16 team league. His high point total isn't going to last, he hasn't averaged over 5 in his career. This is a WW pickup forum...not only for commenting on deep 16+ team leagues. Just because he isn't deep enough for you league, no reason to bite. I was just providing some more information on him and my opinion on his long term value. My leagues are all 12 teamers, so not as deep as your...but certainly no 6 team league either. Either way I am keeping an eye on Wright.

All I was saying was that picking up a player based solely on his 3 game performance isn't much to base it off of. If you don't pounce early you won't get the guy, but you can't buy every players 3 game streak. The Nets obviously didn't think much of him if they didn't resign, but he does have potential. The fact is Vince and Jefferson are both playing, they may go down eventually but haven't yet and last year Wright did nothing with Jefferson out much of the year. Additionally, they have no incentive to develop him if he isn't staying in NJ. Vince has also been slumping of late, so when/if he starts to pick it up...a lot of those numbers will come out of Wright's line. Just my opinion.

keith bogans.

hes bogarding all the SG minutes for the magic and his 3 pt stroke is on point

almost picked up Childress after last nights good game, but just picked him up after tonights double double, if hes available, id try to pick him up

keith bogans.

hes bogarding all the SG minutes for the magic and his 3 pt stroke is on point

Just picked him up. He is averaging over 30 minutes per game and great rebound numbers to go with the threes. The new Q?

Man, I wish Millsap could get more time for the Jazz. He is having a monster night. You just never know when AK will only play 20 minutes and get you 5 points and needs somebody else to play over him. Millsap is too good to only get 18 minutes a game. His time isn't now, but I can't wait until this guy gets a chance to start. He plays hard.

Man, I wish Millsap could get more time for the Jazz. He is having a monster night. You just never know when AK will only play 20 minutes and get you 5 points and needs somebody else to play over him. Millsap is too good to only get 18 minutes a game. His time isn't now, but I can't wait until this guy gets a chance to start. He plays hard.

I'm not sure of AK47's contract status, but I know that Utah kind of wants him out. Deron Williams called him out last year for not giving enough effort, and he's not a fan favorite because of his constant injuries and lack of work ethic. Even fantasy owners last year grew tired of him fairly quickly. I really like Millsap, and if AK47 gets shipped elsewhere, he'll get a major boost. However, let's not forget how crucial AK47 is to the team's balance and defense...the guy is simply a defensive machine.

al thornton

he'll get more minutes now that cat mobley is out for a little while

last night he didnt shoot well but he got 13-7 2 stl and a three after cat went down.

I picked up Shawne Williams in a 250+ player league. Good preseason and went 4/4/3 in 15 minutes. Might see some time with Ike out.

Pick uppers for most leagues:

Theo Ratliff - good source of REB/BLK on the WW - rare to find a BLK producer on the wire right now.

Greg Bucker - Turning back time? Minutes have increased in every game is producing a cool 13PPG/3REB/2AST/2-3PTM/1STL - looks to be a serviceable 3PTM source.

Sasha Pavlovic - Will probably get consistent burn, good 3PT shooter - should be a source of 3PTM as well, just don't expect anything else.

Keep your eye on:

Anfernee Hardaway - Didn't look like he would have a role on the team as he looks old as ever, but his minutes have been increased slowly and produced a great roto-line in 29 minutes of play yesterday: 8PTS/2-3PTM/4REB/5AST/3STL/1TO.

Craig Smith - Has a bench role, but if he can consistently get 20-25 minutes - should be a serviceable option for PTS/REB. Averaging 10 PTS/5REB/60%FG in 18 minutes of play so far.

Linas Kleiza - See Pavlovic - but on a bench role.

eddie najera

i think he'll get a boost while nene's out. k-mart still has minutes restrictions so he'll still be at around 20-23

azubuike might be owned by some already, if not, he's worth a look...though sjax coming back will create some pt issues for someone (ellis?)

prob will be an up and down player all year, but perhaps can fill a void on certain weeks...

Millsap gets a pickup from me tonight if he replicates his effort. I'm tired of Big Benny's pale statlines.

For deeper leagues, might I suggest Antoine Wright for NJ. He is averaging 27 minutes a game so far and had a very nice line tonight. Jefferson and Vince aren't rocks either, so Wright might even get a bump in value if either goes down. I don't know much about him to be honest, but I love 3rd year players to break out and he was a first round pick 3 years ago and so far it looks like the Nets are intent on getting him some minutes.

jeff green deserves a look. he's been noticeably playing more aggressive and putting up some nice numbers. i didnt realize this kid was that athletic. he can cover alot of ground in a hurry. if he gets enough minutes he can contribute in pts, boards and a little bit in either b/s category.

keep an eye on his minutes.

i definately would have said Green as well bc im in dire need of a backup F but he was drafted in my league... B)

I think Greg Buckner has to be looked at - this guy just won't go away. The problem I have with deep WW pickups is that those players have fluctuating minutes and will disappear and reappear night in and night out. Buckner has had serviceable games the last 5 - and he has even dealt with foul trouble and blowout minutes in a couple others. When his shot is off - it looks like he can at least chip in 3AST and 3REB with 1/2-3PTM.

The Spurs blew out the Timberwolves - and he ends up playing 22 minutes, still managing to put up this line: 4-7FG/8PTS/5AST/4REB.

He dealt with foul trouble when playing against the Lakers as well as poor shooting - yet he still contributed with this line while playing (36MIN): 3-12FG/9PTS/1-3PTM/3AST/2REB/1STL.

I think in most games he can put up a 13PPG/3REB/3AST/2-3PTM/1TO clip - which is pretty darn good all around production from someone you can snatch up easily right now.

He looks like a more consistent option for statistics than a real deep flier like Jeff Green.