Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t2green2

Donnie Avery 2013 Season Outlook

37 posts in this topic

Seriously...over Bowe or Charles..highly unlikely. Avery role is that of a deep threat, not the short or intermediate routes.

He did ok at Indy, but he was really only dependable for 3 to 4 pts a game. He did have a couple of 9+ games, but only scored 3 tds all year. Honestly, Luck seems to be the better QB so I cannot imagine these numbers increasing dramatically.

This is tough.. I strongly dislike Smith from a fantasy perspective. He had a couple of good "preseason" games. I know McCluster is the slot guy but if he gets slot action, I'll like him more. Everything KC does will mostly be slants and dumps.

Had the game of his life tonight. Good luck chasing his stats from tonight the ROS.

If he's running slot routes then why not (obviously not 7/141 or whatever insane stuff he had) but something halfway serviceable for a WR3/Flex option?

Had the game of his life tonight. Good luck chasing his stats from tonight the ROS.

He had 9 receptions for 111 yards in week 2 last year...just sayin

You would think the Eagles would learn how to cover a cross route.

Really they should know how to already but I don't want to give them too much credit.

If he's running slot routes then why not (obviously not 7/141 or whatever insane stuff he had) but something halfway serviceable for a WR3/Flex option?

He will not play the horrible Eagles secondary the rest of the year. How many tackles did they miss. How many horrible angles did they take on the slant or crossing pattern?

Smith doesn't throw to the sidelines, so any WR who does his work in the middle of the field will be more attractive.

Bowe will likely wither on the vine lining up outside unless they start calling routes that shifts him inward.

Until then, Avery could feast. Captain checkdown will hit him on a 5 yard pass and Avery's speed will do the rest.

He is going to be ppr fantasy gold. Smith won't throw the ball deep so he will get tons of catches on 5 yard crossing patterns.

And what about the rest of the games last year? Only 1 other game where he went for over 100 mixed with tons of games where he had 3 or 4 catches for less than 50 yards. He averages less than 40 yards per game over his career. Like I said ... good luck chasing his stats tonight. He's a mediocre waiver wire material player that had a big night. Just sayin...

If you pick him up your completely desperate. This is Ogletree at its finest

barely. at least ogletree had a qb that would throw the ball

And what about the rest of the games last year? Only 1 other game where he went for over 100 mixed with tons of games where he had 3 or 4 catches for less than 50 yards. He averages less than 40 yards per game over his career. Like I said ... good luck chasing his stats tonight. He's a mediocre waiver wire material player that had a big night. Just sayin...

I also agree with your view that he won't come close to these numbers all season, he had luck last year who is a better qb, not worth a spot except in deeper leagues

I just meant its not exactly "the game of his life" since he has had similar games before

Y'all, dont you hear me?

Don't go chasing one weekers, please stick to the studs

And the elites that you're used to

I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all

But I think you're moving too fast

Come on!

2 people like this

I am going to sell him as soon as I find a taker (if I find a taker). This game was his ceiling.

Still going to be likely the #1 WW pickup this week. Everyone loves chasing stats. Yes I agree 7/141 is unattainable again, but what about 5/50-60 per game ROS?