Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Buy Low/Sell High Thread - 2013 Edition

I agree Manning is an obvious sell high in the way that he will probably never have a night like this again, but jeez if you have the balls to trade away Peyton Manning you must have Brees/Rodgers/Brady as your "backup"...

Well I think the idea of trading Manning at this point would be. A solid QB plus a stud WR or RB (2nd or 3rd rounder?). Honestly even that I probably wouldn't do.

Sell high means, get over paid. Really you should probably be trying to trade Manning for AP straight up right now.

No one will ever do that. Given QB depth, most you would likely be able to do is a Stafford, RG3, Luck, or Ryan level QB and a RB2 (MJD, Forte, Gore, CJ2k). I think pulling that off would be tough.

Then how exactly are you selling high on him? AP may be a bit ambitious for Manning, but that's where I'd start.I'd settle for nothing less than Spiller. Even Spiller I might not want over Peyton....

I agree Manning is an obvious sell high in the way that he will probably never have a night like this again, but jeez if you have the balls to trade away Peyton Manning you must have Brees/Rodgers/Brady as your "backup"...

Well I think the idea of trading Manning at this point would be. A solid QB plus a stud WR or RB (2nd or 3rd rounder?). Honestly even that I probably wouldn't do.

Sell high means, get over paid. Really you should probably be trying to trade Manning for AP straight up right now.

No one will ever do that. Given QB depth, most you would likely be able to do is a Stafford, RG3, Luck, or Ryan level QB and a RB2 (MJD, Forte, Gore, CJ2k). I think pulling that off would be tough.

Then how exactly are you selling high on him? AP may be a bit ambitious for Manning, but that's where I'd start.I'd settle for nothing less than Spiller. Even Spiller I might not want over Peyton....

Because you'd be getting a RB drafted in round 2-3 and a QB in 5-6 for Peyton who was drafted in round 3-4 after just 1 game.

Ummm...LOL

I'd take Spiller + a round 5-6 QB over Peyton in a flash. RB position so much more important than QB.

<p>

Ummm...LOL

I'd take Spiller + a round 5-6 QB over Peyton in a flash. RB position so much more important than QB.

It would be doubtful that you'd be able to get Spiller and a QB, for Manning but start there for sure.RBs are important, but if Manning is going to have a record breaking season he may be the most important fantasy player.... Yes its a bit early to tell for sure but that Broncos offense looked ridiculous.

<p>

Ummm...LOL

It would be doubtful that you'd be able to get Spiller and a QB, for Manning but start there for sure.RBs are important, but if Manning is going to have a record breaking season he may be the most important fantasy player.... Yes its a bit early to tell for sure but that Broncos offense looked ridiculous.

It's only 1 game though. You have to be logical. A QB that's been drafted in round 3-4 for a top 5 RB is a trade you have to make.

Ray Rice would probably be a good buy low if the owner is worried after 1 game.

IDK about that. He had a solid game.

When did Cam Cameron rejoin the team?

IDK about that. He had a solid game.

If I could trade peyton for someone like foster, charles, ap or even doug martin I would do it in a heartbeat and this is the week that people will actually let that go.

In keeper leagues, if you have a solid backup to peyton you might want to trade for picks. I had RG3 as my backup and just traded Peyton for a 1st and a 4th rounder next year and Danny Amendola in my 3 Keeper 10 team league.

Dez, Calvin buy low, but are Bush and Amendola sell high?

What exactly would be a buy low for Calvin and Dez? For that matter who in the world would sell low on these 2 stud WR's after one bad game.

What exactly would be a buy low for Calvin and Dez? For that matter who in the world would sell low on these 2 stud WR's after one bad game.

Nobody is selling low on either of those guys. People need to stop with that

Is anyone considering selling high on jordy? Not sure who you could get for him though.

David WIlson, Lamar Miller, Dwayne Bowe, MJD and possibly Chris Johnson. If you believe any of these guys can get it together, this is probably one of the best times to buy low.

Hell, you may even be able to get Spiller from a panicked owner or at least dangle Jackson in front of them.

I hate the idea that my Roddy White could be a buy low guy because he's injured right now. Question: What are the odds that someone would accept your low for their high? It seems like you have to offer your high for their low so that they feel like they're getting a steal.

How about RG3? I saw a video somewhere that the guy said you'll want to sell high on RG3 after week one, citing stats from last year where his last 10 games were not as productive as at the beginning of the season.

I'm really thinking about selling Amendola. His injury scares me. I just don't know what I could get for him.

What are some good buy low RBs (except Miller and WIlson)

Depending on what kind of owners you play with, I'd say Marshawn Lynch. He's going to face the 49ers this week after facing a rock solid underrated Panthers front 7 yesterday. My others are Ridley and MJD.

I think Wilson is just a sell for what you can get at this point. I do however believe Miller turns it around

Just reading through some of these and knowing that more will be coming, it's important to remember that it's week one. While it's true that the fantasy football season moves quickly, it's still possible that an overreaction to one or two bad games could lead to selling low on a guy who winds up having a good year. Wilson, for example, could easily have a fumble-free game next week that re-establishes him as a legit RB1.

There were a lot of disappointing performances yesterday. Some of them were undoubtedly single game anomalies and the best strategy is to hold.

Nobody is selling low on either of those guys. People need to stop with that

Depending on your league, level of panic, and salesmanship, I could see Mega going for Demaryius, etc...