Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Buy Low/Sell High Thread - 2013 Edition

I think Wilson is just a sell for what you can get at this point. I do however believe Miller turns it around

Yeah, I think it's the exact opposite.

Coughlin himself said they need Wilson, so they will continue to give him opportunities.

Miller is fighting Thomas for carries, and even if he gets most of the carries it won't matter behind that offensive offensive line.

Buy low: Giovani Bernard.

Sell high: David Wilson???... (I'm shopping him around, starting with offers that will surely be declined).

Sell high: David Wilson???... (I'm shopping him around, starting with offers that will surely be declined).

How could you sell high on Wilson? There's no way unless you have people in your league that have no idea how to play FF.

I'm going to target Erik Decker and Dwayne Bowe. Maybe not sexy choices, but I think they have value and neither did much this week.

I don't believe in Gio. He looked good running the ball but they clearly don't trust him in pass protection. I don't know how much value you guys take from shows like "Hard Knocks," but they give him crap a lot for his inability to do that. We're seeing an emergency of young, talented RB and tons of them are struggling to stay on the field partly because of an inability to protect their QB (Ball, Wilson, and Gio to name a few).

I think if you're buying low on Gio you're "buying" on his ability to learn to pass block better than the Law Firm. And also be aware that the Law Firm did a damn good job, all things considered, against a very good Bears defense. He really did a good job protecting Dalton and getting the short yardage conversations on third down. He's the best in the league at 3rd and short conversions.

Selling Low on Wilson is a decent move if you've lost faith. But I reckon you won't be accepting anything close to what his perceived value is.

How could you sell high on Wilson? There's no way unless you have people in your league that have no idea how to play FF.

I'm going to target Erik Decker and Dwayne Bowe. Maybe not sexy choices, but I think they have value and neither did much this week.

How can you sell high on Wilson? Here is how selling high works.

David Wilson still has tons of draft day hype and upside. Attractive enough to possibly draw in a high quality player. Yes his production was bad and he had a terrible game yesterday. But if you truly feel like he's going to be dog housed and never touch the ball more than 10 times because of his pass protection and fumbling woes then now while his draft hype still carries him would be the time to sell high on him.

I'm not quite selling on David Wilson just yet. But I have thrown up offers that are a little ambitious just to see where people stand. If you aren't a David Wilson owner and were salty you didn't get him in the draft you could view this as a great buy low opportunity. It works both ways. It's all a matter of speculation.

Obviously anyone who trades David Wilson away is thinking they are selling high whereas anyone who buys on him is thinking they are buying low.

Selling Low on Wilson is a decent move if you've lost faith. But I reckon you won't be accepting anything close to what his perceived value is.

This is exactly why chances are I will continue to roster him.

I haven't lost faith entirely but week 1 was as bad as it gets and if I could bring in a 3rd - 4th round WR that I like for him I would do it in a heart beat at this point as all my leagues I am stocked up at RB but need WR help.

David Wilson still has tons of draft day hype and upside. Attractive enough to possibly draw in a high quality player. Yes his production was bad and he had a terrible game yesterday. But if you truly feel like he's going to be dog housed and never touch the ball more than 10 times because of his pass protection and fumbling woes then now while his draft hype still carries him would be the time to sell high on him.

I'm not quite selling on David Wilson just yet. But I have thrown up offers that are a little ambitious just to see where people stand. If you aren't a David Wilson owner and were salty you didn't get him in the draft you could view this as a great buy low opportunity. It works both ways. It's all a matter of speculation.

Obviously anyone who trades David Wilson away is thinking they are selling high whereas anyone who buys on him is thinking they are buying low.

I guess we have different definitions of selling high, To me, selling high on Wilson means you get a player who was drafted higher than him. Like, if someone trades Hartline for Nicks (not saying anyone would do that, just an example).

Could you sell high on Wilson? Not in a normal league.

By the way, another sell high: Hartline. Although, he may actually do really well this year.

I guess we have different definitions of selling high, To me, selling high on Wilson means you get a player who was drafted higher than him. Like, if someone trades Hartline for Nicks (not saying anyone would do that, just an example).

By the way, another sell high: Hartline. Although, he may actually do really well this year.

No selling high means you trade a player away before his perceived value drops.

The sooner you get off of ADP when trading and just go with guys you like and guys you believe in the better you will become at trading. I'm not saying ADP is entirely useless (especially not this early in the season) but it certainly isn't everything

I make at least one jaw dropping trade a year (depending on where I'm at in the standings) where people can't believe the trade I just made. But I'll tell you it almost always works in my favor, you just have to know how and when to take a risk.

No selling high means you trade a player away before his perceived value drops.

The sooner you get off of ADP when trading and just go with guys you like and guys you believe in the better you will become at trading. I'm not saying ADP is entirely useless (especially not this early in the season) but it certainly isn't everything

I make at least one jaw dropping trade a year (depending on where I'm at in the standings) where people can't believe the trade I just made. But I'll tell you it almost always works in my favor, you just have to know how and when to take a risk.

And my point is: Wilson's value has already plummeted. If you can get something startable for him, that's awesome trading.

Just bought low on James Jones for Julius Thomas as a Graham owner in a WR/TE flex non ppr league. Hoping the gamble pays off because my WR core is super suspect.

And my point is: Wilson's value has already plummeted. If you can get something startable for him, that's awesome trading.

I agree entirely. Especially in my situation where I have a bunch of RBs.

But if you feel his value will go up from where it is the he's a hold. If you think what we saw week 1 is 2013 David Wilson then you need to trade him now while he still has draft hype and before another RB comes in and takes 12 - 15 touches a week away from him. Either way go with your gut.

I think it's kinda early to try the buy low strategy. I mean, I guess you need to know your league and whether or not guys get insulted by various offers. I try to wait for a guy to be bad for a few weeks in a row, before I hit up that owner, wondering if the guy is willing to cut bait.

Of course, many would say that if the player has sucked 3 weeks in a row, then that is what he is, and you're not buying anything but garbage. I tend to take the long term view. Players can start off slowly and then blow up huge. Remember Megatron last year. I remember Mega having some really crappy games earlier in the season, and some people were talking about him being a mild bust, and then he goes nuts the back half of the year and breaks records.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, so I think we should take everything with a grain of salt, and calm down a wee bit.

Buy low on cj2k.

25 carries is a great sign.

It's hard for me to believe in any kind of substantial money league that owners have already gave up on guys after one bad week. Their is a reason you drafted Jared Cook in the 12th round, he isn't Jimmy Graham. If your in a league with less intelligent fantasy owners then my buy low guys are Monte Ball (Once he learns pass protection he will be the workhorse), G Bernard (way to much talent and the law firm is way to slow for Gio not to win the job) Cecil Shorts ( underrated guy, Blackmon is a nutcase) L Bell (I know 3 rookie Rb's, but after watching Redman for about 5 seconds you knew Bell was gonna be the workhorse). My sell high guys are Collin K (He has the talent, but the 49ers D is so good he won't have to score like he did against the Pack.) Julius Thomas (I've got a $100 that was by far his best game of the year) Victor Cruz (he 0 catches with 2 mins left in the first half, he will be up and down all season)

sell high on owen daniels? or is he going to continue being a main cog in this offense? they have their number 2 receiver now....

yours is the wrong definition

Pierre Garcon is a very nice buy low. Undervalued player to begin with and not a great line tonight. Plays GB next week. RG3 can't play that bad forever.

I got offered Cecil "Salute your" Shorts and Roy Helu, for David Wilson tonight in separate 1 for 1 deals. That is the perceived value of this early giant bust. I am just going to stay the course and drink heavily in the meantime.

I'm trying to trade for Shane Vereen in every league I don't own him. Some Vereen owners may be short on RB depth depending on the rest of their teams with him out.

sell high on owen daniels? or is he going to continue being a main cog in this offense? they have their number 2 receiver now....

I was watching the game with a league mate who kept saying he needed a TE to replace his Pettigrew and Gresham... I'm gonna try to sell Daniels as my backup for sure. TE seems to be pretty deep for a bye week fill in.