Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Buy Low/Sell High Thread - 2013 Edition

Buy low on James Jones.

Both coach Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers said the Packers need to get James Jones more opportunities.

Jones was held without a catch on two targets in Week 1 even though Rodgers attempted 37 passes and went for 333 yards. "James didn't get targeted as many times as we would have liked," Rodgers said. "Obviously you've got to try and give him the ball. But the way they were playing us, the ball was going to Jermichael and Randall a lot, and Jordy had a few more opportunities." With Finley (toe) looking questionable for Week 2, now is the time to throw some buy-low offers at Jones' owners. He has a shot to bounce back big against the Redskins' weak secondary Sunday.

Just sold "high" on Julius Thomas.

Spent a good chunk of my budget to get him off waivers yesterday, and just packaged him with T.Y Hilton for Andre Johnson.

I am excite.

I do believe Thomas will be productive the rest of the year.

Anyone have any luck buying low on Arian Foster?

Spent a good chunk of my budget to get him off waivers yesterday, and just packaged him with T.Y Hilton for Andre Johnson.

I am excite.

That's rape. I'd veto it. lol

Anyone have any luck buying low on Arian Foster?

Depends who you're giving up. His situation isn't looking pretty at this point.

I am excite.

i honestly think thats fair value

One guy id try and buy low on is chris givens

I am excite.

It's only fair if Thomas is a top 5 TE and Hilton becomes an adequate WR2.

Andre is a high end WR1 right now.

I sold my McFadden high to buy Wilson low. I think Wilson will be a RB1 and get it right. I think that DMC will play good for a few games and get hurt. I don't trust him one bit. DMC was drafted in the 7th round, Wilson in the 2nd.

So by selling High on DMC after a good game, I was able to get Wilson after a bad game. I'm gambling that the fumbles disappear and McFadden isn't really going to do well. I do fully expect him to do well this week, however. But I didn't want to wait to make an offer on Wilson just in case he has a 100 yard game / 1 td game on Sunday. Then, the owner would never have traded me.

I am excite.

I agree on both of these things.

I think Thomas will finish a top 8 TE and Hilton will turn it around.

I am trying to buy Givens if possible.

Would you trade

I am excite.

I agree on both of these things.

I think Thomas will finish a top 8 TE and Hilton will turn it around.

I am trying to buy Givens if possible.

With who? I have Randle and Hopkins available. The guy owns Cruz. Would you trade Randle for Givens though?

Buy low on Thompkins!

That's what I would do if I didn't have him in both my leagues.

Tried to buy super low on Wilson, owner isn't panicking yet.

I am excite.

This trade is ridiculous. You dont sell high on a lock top 10, possible top 5 WR to buy high on a completely unproven TE coming off a statistical outlier game.

TY Hilton has to completely ball out for this trade to make any sense.

Someone in my 16 team, .5 PPR league (the commissioner actually) just traded Lance Moore and Daryl Richardson for David Wilson. Hmm.

That's a fair deal.

Someone in my 16 team, .5 PPR league (the commissioner actually) just traded Lance Moore and Daryl Richardson for David Wilson. Hmm.

That's a fair deal.

not if Wilson gets his starting job back. I realize the risk was built into the trade, but if Wilson turns into what the RW people think he will be, then it becomes an extremely lop-sided trade. Moore and Richardson are low-ceiling guys, and I don't think their floors are necessarily that high either.

That's a fair deal.

not if Wilson gets his starting job back. I realize the risk was built into the trade, but if Wilson turns into what the RW people think he will be, then it becomes an extremely lop-sided trade. Moore and Richardson are low-ceiling guys, and I don't think their floors are necessarily that high either.

That's why the trade is fair right now. Wilson hasn't blown up and was miserable in game 1. He has probably lost third down work and goal line work for now. Richardson played well and could be the starter ROS

I'm my .5 PPR league I just sold Riggie Bush high for a buy low Dez Bryant

seems fair.

Sold reggie bush, jared cook and bryce brown for Calvin, lamar miller and torre smith (still have witten and v davis as my te). Traded to non McCoy owner in PPR league.

Just goes to show how cheap you may be able to get miller if your willing to gamble on him.

Traded Jared Cook and Monte Ball for David Wilson.....and I already have Jimmy Graham. No brainer? Sell high, buy low.