Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exaulz

Yusmeiro Petit 2013 Outlook

72 posts in this topic

Yusmeiro Petit allowed two runs on seven hits over six innings in a win Sunday against the Diamondbacks.

He had just one walk and set a career high with 10 strikeouts. Petit hasn't given up more than two earned runs in any of his three starts this season. The performance should solidify his spot in the starting rotation even when Matt Cain returns from the disabled list. Barry Zito will likely be moved to the bullpen. Sep 1 - 9:18 PM

If he stays in the rotation, schedule looks like ARI, COL, then a two start week of @NYM, @NYY, followed by SD the last week of the season.

He could really rack up the Ks in a couple of those starts.

He faces Corbin, who over his last four starts hasn't been the same pitcher he was earlier in the season. Gave up 5 over 5IP last week against the giants.

I really want to give this guy a go, but am still hesitant.

Rolling him out there. Pitching at home and already dominated the D-backs

Rolling him out there. Pitching at home and already dominated the D-backs

A lot of the times I get scared of an unknown pitcher going against a lineup the second time around. They've seen his stuff and it's fresh in their minds. They've had time to review the film and apply it to their recent memories.

Same fears I have next week with Taijuan Walker against the Astros.

So pissed I went with Duffy instead of this guy this week. I should have known better with him facing my Corbin.

I remember when this guy was a scrub in Arizona.

Hell, I watched him pitch in spring training here in AZ this year. Looked like dog crap. Must've changed something...

Addie Joss 74 pitches 10/02/1908 (least pitches for a perfect game). He can't get that, but could get close.

Damn! I really thought he would've done it, anyways, it's my best stream of the year haha

Damn! I really thought he would've done it, anyways, it's my best stream of the year haha

You streamed him? You must have a little Captain in you.

1 person likes this

Awesome tonight. A short hop to RF to break it up after Chaves laid off a great 2-2 pitch. Anyway this is my second straight outing I have started Petit and he will definitely be remembered if I turn my current 2nd place standing into 1st. The pitch count is what amazes me, maybe he wont have the hangover that most guys have after an emotional start like this.