Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Week 1 & 2 Waiver Wire Touts

Guest JimmyGs

OK folks. Amendola is not in the walkthrough this morning in preparation for Thursday's game. Edelman is a MUST ADD.

I have the #1 ww. Edelman and Julius Thomas are available. Along with Hartline. Who should I use my #1 on?

I have the #1 ww. Edelman and Julius Thomas are available. Along with Hartline. Who should I use my #1 on?

Hartline. Then Edelman. Then Thomas. Hartline should be great all year. Edelman's value will go down when Gronk gets back.

I like Roberts in a 12 team or deeper league. He is going to get his share of targets and yardage because Palmer likes to throw.

I am more of a wait and see with Hankerson. I think the Redskins will have a pretty good offense as RGIII and AMorris develop. If so Hankerson should excel as a deep threat. I am waiting to see how it all comes together in Washington before I recommend anyone other than RGIII and AMorris.

Dropping $21 of $100 on Edelman though I may increase this. Have to keep in mind that it's week 1 and people are always throwing around more money than they should in the early weeks to secure top WW talent.

Great question, I am in the same situation, though I am an Amendola owner too, so one of them must pan out! Its hard to deny the talent and opportunity that J thomas provides. But both of these guys have such great QB's throwing them the balls, so it's hard to go wrong each way. I guess it comes down to your team's needs really. I am worried at WR as I have Amendola, also J thomas could satisfy the Flex spot that Amendola is currently in.

Who is going to have a bigger impact this year: Julius thomas (Peyton Manning & competition like Wes Welker, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker, not too mention Joel Dressen and Jacob Tamme behind him) or Julian Edelmen (Tom Brady & competition among Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Vereen (Couple weeks) Gronkowski(couple weeks), and Sudfeld). Brian Hartline (Tannehill & Competition of several RB's, Mike Wallce, and whoever else they have on their WR/TE corps..)

It just makes Edelman look like the better option here than J Thomas, the other threats just aren't proven and probably not as trusted in the Bellichick universe in my opinion. Also 3 of the top 4 targets are out for at least this week, and maybe even over the next couple weeks. If it doesn't already give Edelman immediate fantasy value over the other guys, it also gives him an opportunity to earn the starting role (which could be replacement for Welker.) Does anyone have any comment on this?? How did Edelman perform last year in lieu of Welkers early absence in the passing game? I just remember his very nice week in special teams and some receptions.

What do most of you think about using a #1 waiver on Terrelle Pryor? It's for the first team in my sig

Guest JimmyGs

Great question, I am in the same situation, though I am an Amendola owner too, so one of them must pan out! Its hard to deny the talent and opportunity that J thomas provides. But both of these guys have such great QB's throwing them the balls, so it's hard to go wrong each way. I guess it comes down to your team's needs really. I am worried at WR as I have Amendola, also J thomas could satisfy the Flex spot that Amendola is currently in.

Who is going to have a bigger impact this year: Julius thomas (Peyton Manning & competition like Wes Welker, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker, not too mention Joel Dressen and Jacob Tamme behind him) or Julian Edelmen (Tom Brady & competition among Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Vereen (Couple weeks) Gronkowski(couple weeks), and Sudfeld). Brian Hartline (Tannehill & Competition of several RB's, Mike Wallce, and whoever else they have on their WR/TE corps..)

It just makes Edelman look like the better option here than J Thomas, the other threats just aren't proven and probably not as trusted in the Bellichick universe in my opinion. Also 3 of the top 4 targets are out for at least this week, and maybe even over the next couple weeks. If it doesn't already give Edelman immediate fantasy value over the other guys, it also gives him an opportunity to earn the starting role (which could be replacement for Welker.) Does anyone have any comment on this?? How did Edelman perform last year in lieu of Welkers early absence in the passing game? I just remember his very nice week in special teams and some receptions.

Exact same dilemma here but I have Vernon Davis, flex is WR/RB only and don't really "need" Thomas except for the BYE week so Edleman is my current target. Even when Amendola and Gronk come back I think Edelman will have good value especially over a rookie.I think Wallace and Hartline will share good/bad or bad/bad weeks in MIA.

Anyone here have a subscription to 4for4 or FootballGuys? If yes, care to copy and paste what they suggested?

Got this from my buddy!!!

Terrelle Pryor

The Raiders are simply lacking talent on their roster and Pryor’s legs are the best weapon they have. You can expect this offense to run at full bore throughout each game as they try to hang with their opponents, which creates an opportunity for plenty of fantasy points. There will be inconsistency week-to-week, but he’s a solid QB2 type in fantasy that you can spot start from time to time.

Joique Bell

The Detroit Lions' offense continues to crank out fantasy production. Bell is in line for sustained value throughout this season as Reggie Bush’s sidekick and short-yardage back. Last season, Mikel Leshoure punched in 9 touchdowns in 14 games. Not only is Bell a better runner than Leshoure, but he has the added dimension of being a strong receiver. Bell should be viewed as a flex play that is capable of 10+ total touchdowns with increased value in PPR leagues.

Da'Rel Scott

Is he worth a picking up? If you have the roster spot, then sure, pick him up and see what happens. However, Tom Coughlin is determined to get Wilson back on track. When you add in the fact that the Giants are working out other running backs, a substantial role for Scott doesn’t look very likely.

Julian Edelman

This is only a short-term fix. With Gronkowski still absent and Vereen out for a few weeks, Edelman is line for an increased work-load. Mix in the Questionable tags for Danny Amendola and Zach Sudfeld, Edelman could be a very effective option in the present sense. Pick him up, maybe use him for a couple weeks, watch his value rise, and then send him packing for whatever you can get before the cavalry arrives.

Rueben Randle

As far as handcuff wide receivers go, Randle ranks among the best of them. While he did manage to reach 101 yards on five receptions, he’s best suited on your bench until the injury bug strikes either Victor Cruz or more likely, Nicks. With a move up the depth chart and hierarchy, Randle would be considered a WR3.

GRONK WATCH

Rob Gronkowski

One week has passed and his return is even closer. It’s likely that he does not suit up for the game versus the Jets on Thursday, but a Week 3 return is a strong possibility. The window to trade for him is still cracked open and he’s one of the rare fantasy assets that are nearly irreplaceable. If his owner is reeling from a Week 1 loss, you may be able to capitalize on their frustrations and take an injured player off of their hands.

For those who are interested:

I'm buying Edelman in one PPR league for $23. I'm 90% sure I'll get him. I also have like $6 on Baldwin and $4 Kellen Winslow.

In another league I'm gonna go nuts. $21 on Chris Givens. $46 on Julius Thomas (1.5 PPR for TE). $16 on Winslow. $8 on B. Powell.

Exact same dilemma here but I have Vernon Davis, flex is WR/RB only and don't really "need" Thomas except for the BYE week so Edleman is my current target. Even when Amendola and Gronk come back I think Edelman will have good value especially over a rookie.I think Wallace and Hartline will share good/bad or bad/bad weeks in MIA.

Well good to hear that I am not alone. I feel like for full season value, Julius Thomas is at an advantage over Edelman probably close to 2 fold, there is not much inherent risk with him for my WR/RB/TE spot, and even in the closer weeks, he should be valuable - for some reason I just feel better about spending my #1 on him rather than Edelman, as some of Edelman's TD's looked somewhat lucky and not as skilled as Thomas's. So as far as value goes, probably should take him in my opinion. Being an amendola owner though, I saw what NE offense can produce and don't want to miss out on it especially against the jets. Week 2 Fantasy predictamint

Julian Edelman

This is only a short-term fix. With Gronkowski still absent and Vereen out for a few weeks, Edelman is line for an increased work-load. Mix in the Questionable tags for Danny Amendola and Zach Sudfeld, Edelman could be a very effective option in the present sense. Pick him up, maybe use him for a couple weeks, watch his value rise, and then send him packing for whatever you can get before the cavalry arrives.

And this from the fantasy pros over in 4for4 or whatever source this is, just further evidence people claiming short term, not long term.. Not sure I am capable enough to send him packing as good as other owners might..

Julian Edelman

And this from the fantasy pros over in 4for4 or whatever source this is, just further evidence people claiming short term, not long term.. Not sure I am capable enough to send him packing as good as other owners might..

all of this short-term stuff is really good advice.. unless you're an amendola owner. if amendola is out, i dout that anyone on the bench will have the upside that edelman brings when he's the feature receiver. never really handcuffed a WR before, but i think that amendola and his injury tendencies may require it. it's an odd thing, to want to pay highly for a bench rider and hope that's where he stays. like an insurance policy.

even when gronk gets back, if amendola is down edelman will be a big target.

Julian Edelman

all of this short-term stuff is really good advice.. unless you're an amendola owner. if amendola is out, i dout that anyone on the bench will have the upside that edelman brings when he's the feature receiver. never really handcuffed a WR before, but i think that amendola and his injury tendencies may require it. it's an odd thing, to want to pay highly for a bench rider and hope that's where he stays. like an insurance policy.

even when gronk gets back, if amendola is down edelman will be a big target.

So true, so amendola owners, requires you to own his backup or complimentary WR as he will explode when Dola goes down, kinda pathetic that you have to resort to handcuffing a WR, but in order to maximize the value of the Amendola (5th round pick), probably should go with this guy. Also, he works into my bye weeks much better that Julius Thomas, but that is assuming he will be in a full role around week 9 When Cruz and Fitz are on Bye weeks.

Guest JimmyGs

Well good to hear that I am not alone. I feel like for full season value, Julius Thomas is at an advantage over Edelman probably close to 2 fold, there is not much inherent risk with him for my WR/RB/TE spot, and even in the closer weeks, he should be valuable - for some reason I just feel better about spending my #1 on him rather than Edelman, as some of Edelman's TD's looked somewhat lucky and not as skilled as Thomas's. So as far as value goes, probably should take him in my opinion. Being an amendola owner though, I saw what NE offense can produce and don't want to miss out on it especially against the jets. Week 2 Fantasy predictamint

Also, I own Brady so the thought of doubling down this week is VERY enticing. I am sure others like me are up against Peyton this week and need every single point to win. The #1 nagging feeling I get is that Amendola has a chance to play on Thursday and then I have wasted that #1 Waiver on a WR3/4 when I could have had a RB2(?) later in the season. What to do!

concerning edelman as a pickup:

i completely fubar'd my draft so i don't have a choice.. i'm breaking the bank on edelman. probably 40-50% of my season budget.

if i was an amendola owner in a faab league with $100. depending on bench options, he's probably worth $20-30.

if i'm not an amendola owner in a faab league with $100. depending on bench options, he's probably worth $8-10.

this is my 2nd year in auction style leagues, so i'm still adjusting, but this my gut feeling.

Should Prior be picked up as a QB2 behind Cam Newton? Would be dropping Cutler. Prob not worth it considering it costs 10 bucks.

I have the #1 ww in my league and cameron and j. thomas are available. who should i swing for? I feel like thomas just because he has a better qb. this would be for ROY...

Should Prior be picked up as a QB2 behind Cam Newton? Would be dropping Cutler. Prob not worth it considering it costs 10 bucks.

I picked up Pryor, mainly as a fill in for week 4 against the Skins. Vick had a good game against them...I think Pryor should be alright.

Gotta ask one more time I'm desperate

A Peterson RB MIN

MJD- RB JAC

Chris Ivory RB NYJ

Vick Ballard RB IND

Dwayne Bowe WR KAN

T Y Hilton WR IND

Josh Gordon WR CLE

Emanuel Sanders WR PIT

Brandon Lefell CAR

Devon Bess WR CLE

Jason Witten TE DAL

Martellus Bennett TE CHI

Matt Bryant K ATL

Best WR wavier wire pickups? Edelman, righ...

Like This

Hard Hitta

Yesterday, 07:44 PM

I need help too.  We get 2500. I spent 150 total already. I'm desprelty in need of WRs..... should I put in a huge claim for Edelman? (Brady is my qb also) or get Roberts for lower?

My wr group is..... Bowe,TY Hilton,Emanuel Sanders,Malcolm Flloyd, D.Bess and Josh gordon

Its PPR, and 10yards=1point

Also want Cowboys D... yards and points allowed dont count agesnt the D really..... so u want sacks , turnovers and tds.

And Shuab is my backup should I go for Pryor.... 20passing= 1point,,,,10rush=1point (no extra bonus points for 20+yard passes etc)

Share Share

Fast Reply

Full Version