Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Week 1 & 2 Waiver Wire Touts

What do you guys think about Charles Clay from Miami? He has been a solid performer the first 2 weeks and could be really good in a PPR league.

What do you guys think about Charles Clay from Miami? He has been a solid performer the first 2 weeks and could be really good in a PPR league.

So far he's been solid, but you never know with teams early on in the year if they're legit or not. I think he's definitely worth a roster spot as a TE2.

I remember when the Waiver Wire topics actually pertained to waiver wire pickups, not your own roster.

Me too. I know this thread is in the Assistant Coach forum, but people are getting a little crazy with the roster help posts.

Does anyone see Andre Ellington as a good pickup? He offers the most upside of the Arizona backs, and would be at the very least a good complement to Mendenhall in that backfield.

I remember when the Waiver Wire topics actually pertained to waiver wire pickups, not your own roster.

Keeping that in mind, who are everyone's top pickups overall?

I'm thinking:

1. Bernard Pierce (if available, he isn't in many leagues)

2. Eddie Royal

3. Philthy Rivers

4. James Starks (Should be a good plug 'n play for however long Lacy is out)

5. Alex Smith (If I can't get Rivers, this guy is a good silver medal)

Only switch I might make is putting Eddie Royal at #1 and Bernard at #2.

I'm keeping all my money again this week I think. Waiver wire's been pretty underwhelming thus far for me.

Starks will never take Lacy's spot

McCarthy himself said he viewed Starks as nothing more than a backup

Woodhead is on the waivers in my league. Probably gonna use my #3 to grab him

What makes you think Woodhead is worth a #3 waiver? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm curious why you think so?

Woodhead is on the waivers in my league. Probably gonna use my #3 to grab him

What makes you think Woodhead is worth a #3 waiver? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm curious why you think so?

Well i need some RB depth, and he's like the best one available. I play in a PPR league

For some reason Brian Cushing was not taken, so someone got him. BUF defense, Zach Brown, and Eddie Royal were picked up. Plus a couple kickers, Matt Bryant and Josh Brown if those count as touts lol.

My league Transactions when waiver claims were cleared this morning:

Buffalo Buf - DEF Added

Detroit Det - DEF Dropped

Antonio Gates SD - TE Added

Vick Ballard Ind - RB Dropped

DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR P Added

Jason Avant Phi - WR Dropped

Heath Miller Pit - TE Added

Denarius Moore Oak - WR Dropped

Dan Bailey Dal - K Added

Justin Tucker Bal - K Dropped

Now that Dwayne Allen is out for the year, I think Coby Fleener is a solid pick up for ROS TE responsibilities if you don't have a stud (I'm dropping Jermaine Gresham for him).

My league's waiver moves:

Added Eddie Royal, Alex Smith, and James Starks

J/K, just saw that Charles Clay was finally changed from a RB to a TE on NFL's fantasy site. Rolling with him. As long as his floor is 10 points, I'll be happy.

Taking a gamble on Andre Ellington (especially in PPR leagues) might not be a bad idea with Mendenhall dealing with some sort of toe injury.

Taking a gamble on Andre Ellington (especially in PPR leagues) might not be a bad idea with Mendenhall dealing with some sort of toe injury.

Totally agree. I picked him up this a.m. for 5 bucks (out of 300) while Starks went for 130, Mcgahee 65 and oby (cle)went for 50. He could be the steal of ww rb's this yr.

So I'm in a FAAB League which is u get a certain amount of $ to use on your wavier wire for the year (2000$ in this case)

Well James Jones was dropped last week.... I dropped $1482 on him..beating out the next bid of $1479.

What you guys think about him being on the wire going into week 3???

Totally agree. I picked him up this a.m. for 5 bucks (out of 300) while Starks went for 130, Mcgahee 65 and oby (cle)went for 50. He could be the steal of ww rb's this yr.

Is he an upgrade over any of these backs?

Chris Johnson

Knowshon Moreno

Ben Tate