Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choo on Wieters

Tanner Roark 2013 Outlook

67 posts in this topic

The kid is getting the start Saturday against Miami. He has strong numbers so far with a 1.19 ERA, 0.93 WHIp in 22.1IP and 19K.

He will miss the matchup against Jose Fernandez and could be a great stream for those needing an option.

Anyone seen him live or have additional information?

i have no idea who this guy is, but i'm very interested. think he's on a pitch count?

I doubt it, but, he does have 128.1 IP this season combining his AAA numbers. There he started 11 games in 33 appearances. He had a 3.14ERA in AAA, but a .994 WHip.

Also to consider, in 2012 he pitched 147 innings. He has a ways to go to equal those numbers.

Another less appealing stat is he had a 7.2 K/9 rate in AAA.

I grabbed him for the stream over Straily,but it could wind up being one of those "homeboy errors"(Nats fan)Anyway,Straily got snatched up,so I guess this is my hand to deal with.

I saw him go 4 innings in long relief when(I think) Gio blew up,that's all I know.

He looked great,but small sample.

I was really bummed when I chose Roark over Petit yesterday, but I am definitely ok with 6IP of 4H 0BB, 0ER. Solid outing today. He has earned another start on my team.

Who is this guy as in is he a starter going forward with the Nats. Just not the rest of the season but next year as well? Cause I like what I see so far.

They are testing him out to see what he has to offer. Assuming they don't re-sign Haren or make a trade for another starter in the offseason, they will have one spot open which is likely to go to either Tanner Roark, Ross Ohelndorf, or Taylor Jordan. Judging by how he has done in the major's so far, I think it is likely to go to Roark.

Mets this week is juicy....I may bump him to the starting lineup. Mets are bottom of the barrel against righties (.240) and are the worst at-home hitting team in the majors (.226 at Citi Field). I think a flyer is in order this week....

I dont know much about him but I am thinking about rolling him out today.. can anyone lend some insight to if Im making a colossal mistake or not.. the matchup with the mets looks great on paper

I'm starting with total confidence. Facing Aaron Harang to boot. Only problem is the pitch cap around 80 pitches.

Mets offense has been sputtering as well with 2.6 runs over their last 10 games. The Nats on the other hand have been on fire.

1 ER already and now a delay.... freaking out already. Can't afford a bad start or a wasted start.

If it gets ppd then the start won't count, but it looks like it should resume...

If the rain was coming in like this, why did the start it when they did. Should have waited all along. Good thing is, he only pitched an inning. If this was the 4th and there was a delay, then I'd worry he would be done for the day and not pitch again until next week.

If the rain was coming in like this, why did the start it when they did. Should have waited all along. Good thing is, he only pitched an inning. If this was the 4th and there was a delay, then I'd worry he would be done for the day and not pitch again until next week.

He probably won't come back out. Same thing happened to the Yankees on Labor Day and Hughes was done after 1.1 IP.

30 minute delay so far plus he would have to wait through the top half of the 2nd inning before he can come out. 90% chance he is done.

10 pitches. 1K 1,2,3 2nd. Lets hope for no more delays.

Lets hope, looked good. Should dominate the bottom of the order each time.

10 pitches. 1K 1,2,3 2nd. Lets hope for no more delays.

Lets hope, looked good. Should dominate the bottom of the order each time.

He SHOULD dominate this entire sorry lineup.

Alright Tanner. I need you to read this. I need you to harness your magic bubba. This is what I need. Got to have it. Here's my checklist for you. Study it. I need your team to score some more runs and put you in line for the win. I need you to stop giving up runs and go at least 6 innings for a QS. You think you can do that buddy? I thought so! That's the spirit champ!

1 person likes this