Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevekerr01

Travis Benjamin 2013 Outlook

7 posts in this topic

They say hes one the fastest in football, he will be doing some KR and PR duties and he will be the third WR while Josh G. is out. I looked into him and he looks like a good week or two week stopgap in return yard leagues.

i'm starting him. i think he could still be valuable with gordon in there too if the browns use him the right way.

Speedy Travis Benjamin could surprise as Fantasy pick in Week 1 by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

(9/6/13) The loss of wide receiver Josh Gordon for the first two weeks of the regular season to a drug suspension nudged Travis Benjamin up the depth chart for the Browns. And considering he was already sliding up there, Fantasy owners might consider the burner for at least a flex play in Week 1.

Benjamin flashed some talent in 2012 with 18 catches for 298 yards and two touchdowns. With Gordon sidelined, he is the only legitimate deep threat in a vertical Norv Turner offense that is seeking to take advantage of quarterback Brandon Weeden's big arm. Benjamin is destined for significant playing time against Miami despite the fact that Davone Bess should start ahead of him.

Benjamin might not catch a lot of passes, but he has sure hands and what he does snag is likely to be for big yards and perhaps a long touchdown. He is a risky play, but he should receive single coverage from the Dolphins and risk-takers could discover he has paid off for them.

... that punt return was straight up video game goodness. whoa.

this kid puts an an already stout Cleveland d/st into the 'elite' fantasy tier.