Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

As Commissioner I had to veto a trade. The Teams didn't agree. What do you think? Team 1 (who doesn't understand why it was vetoed) wants to trade QB Rothlesburger to Team 2 for WR AJ Green. (Not in this League.) Your comments please. Team 1 thinks I'm being a hard a**.

I don't understand what the (not in this league) means?

you should be vetoed as commissioner.

I don't understand what the (not in this league) means?

I was just saying, not in my league. I guess I shouldn't of said that.

Not sure what that means either. I just keep saying it in my head with Mutumbo's voice.

If they werent cheating, the trade must stand. Who the hell are you to decide what somebody's team should look like? Let the trade go through, and then the league can decide if you guys want the guy back in your league next year.

Not sure what that means either. I just keep saying it in my head with Mutumbo's voice.

If they werent cheating, the trade must stand. Who the hell are you to decide what somebody's team should look like? Let the trade go through, and then the league can decide if you guys want the guy back in your league next year.

haha bro I was thinking the same thing with the mutumbo voice.

are you serious (@Brol79 ) A top 5 WR for QB Roethlesburger. It's too one sided.

dead serious.who are you to tell people what trades they can do just because you don't like it.its not collusion so no veto.you need to learn that if your going to be a commissioner.

are you serious (@Brol79 ) A top 5 WR for QB Roethlesburger. It's too one sided.

dead serious.who are you to tell people what trades they can do just because you don't like it.its not collusion so no veto.you need to learn that if your going to be a commissioner.

As commissioner, I don't care about the players being traded. But you can't let people steal from the weak. That is how a League falls apart.

Unless you can prove the two people are cheaters -- a very heavy charge to make against two fellow human beings without any proof -- you have no right to veto the trade. Back off and let the owners play the way they want to. A commish that acts like a dictator has no league to commish in the end. Nobody wants to play in those leagues.

If someone was "taken in" so be it. That is how we all learn in life. Let it be.

is the league QB point heavy? In most leagues Aj Green would have been a 2nd round pick, and Roth maybe in round 10. Seems like a very unfair trade unless there is some info we are missing.

If it were a league where 10 of the first 12 players picked are QBs then it might make sense.

Unless you can prove the two people are cheaters -- a very heavy charge to make against two fellow human beings without any proof -- you have no right to veto the trade. Back off and let the owners play the way they want to. A commish that acts like a dictator has no league to commish in the end. Nobody wants to play in those leagues.

If someone was "taken in" so be it. That is how we all learn in life. Let it be.

x2, well said.

I hear all of you and respect it. In 23 years, this is the only trade I have ever vetoed. The trade was way too one sided. I did veto it and saw no value in this trade. Not a dictator, we want a fair league. I suggested they still trade, but that was too one sided.

not QB heavy. Green went in 2nd rd and Roethlesburger went in 12th. But don't even care about what round they went in. Just a little value would help. strong WR for possibly backup QB in 10 team league.

I hear all of you and respect it. In 23 years, this is the only trade I have ever vetoed. The trade was way too one sided. I did veto it and saw no value in this trade. Not a dictator, we want a fair league. I suggested they still trade, but that was too one sided.

There is zero chance you have been a commissioner of fantasy football for 23 years and this is the first trade you've ever vetoed.

There is zero chance you have been a commissioner of fantasy football for 23 years and this is the first trade you've ever vetoed.

Actually this is the first veto as commissioner. I have vetoed as a Team owner before, but this trade was so one sided I vetoed it as commissioner.

Actually this is the first veto as commissioner. I have vetoed as a Team owner before, but this trade was so one sided I vetoed it as commissioner.

So ya, i was right...

Hey, these guys don't know your league as well as you. But still, even though this seems like a ripe fleecing, it's not enough to veto. This likely won't ruin the integrity of the the league, so it should have flown. There may have been other unknown factors (not cheating) that may have made it veto worthy. But without importing facts, with what we know, that trade is not veto worthy.

I agree, the trade shouldn't have been vetoed without consulting both team owners. My guess is the Guy who traded for big ben is new to fantasy football. He saw big ben's point total in comparison and said, "Big Ben scored more points so I will take it. Derp."

Next time, I would ask both players to present their case for why they are trading the players. If both have good reasons and both think the trade makes their team better, then allow it. If you have an Al Davis in the league, then determine whether he should be in there next year or if he needs replaced.

So ya, i was right...

Also sounds like he's one of those owners that veto any trade that they think makes another team "too good". These type of commissioners should just draft everybody's team for them. Or join a league where the commish is all 12 teams by himself.

I would have vetoed it. I know a lot of people are anti-veto unless collusion is proven but trades like this just destroy the integrity of the league. I've been in (mostly baseball) leagues where stuff like this happens, and the league just ends up feeling like a clown show. Sure, restricting manager movement sucks but so does turning the league into a race to rip off the idiot in the group. There's no skill involved in getting AJ for Ben. I'd be pissed if I prepared well, drafted well and managed well only to be put at a disadvantage because I didn't think to offer a late round pick for a second round pick. It's a no-win because someone ends up getting screwed but I'd rather give the league a chance and have the winner be determined by skill at fantasy football instead of skill at taking advantage of a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

Next year I'd just boot the guy giving up Green out of the league.

I would have vetoed it. I know a lot of people are anti-veto unless collusion is proven but trades like this just destroy the integrity of the league. I've been in (mostly baseball) leagues where stuff like this happens, and the league just ends up feeling like a clown show. Sure, restricting manager movement sucks but so does turning the league into a race to rip off the idiot in the group. There's no skill involved in getting AJ for Ben. I'd be pissed if I prepared well, drafted well and managed well only to be put at a disadvantage because I didn't think to offer a late round pick for a second round pick. It's a no-win because someone ends up getting screwed but I'd rather give the league a chance and have the winner be determined by skill at fantasy football instead of skill at taking advantage of a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

Next year I'd just boot the guy giving up Green out of the league.

What do you do if AJ tears his ACL in the first game and Ben finishes a top 10 QB? Just tell the guy it was in the best interest of the league?