Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

How stupid would you feel if Big Ben turned out to be the best QB in the league? Sorry buddy, you don't get to set everybody's team.

If your league sucks, find a new league.

Exactly... and for some reason everybody in here thinks this cant happen. It most certainly could happen all you Ms.Cleo's out there. Comparing BigBen to Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow!! Really?

Ben's best year was 4,328 yards, that would have put him at 7th last year. The likelyhood of him breaking the top 5 is extremely low.

Ben's best year was 4,328 yards, that would have put him at 7th last year. The likelyhood of him breaking the top 5 is extremely low.

So that means he cant and its impossible right? Because 5th and 7th are soo far away from each other.

When you veto or pass a trade, it's not just about the two teams, it's about the whole league. I would've been pissed if I saw that trade go through in my league. Unless the team getting AJ is straight up garbage. Veto is the right thing.

When you veto or pass a trade, it's not just about the two teams, it's about the whole league. I would've been pissed if I saw that trade go through in my league. Unless the team getting AJ is straight up garbage. Veto is the right thing.

Ohhh so if you think the whole league is going to get pissed... then you veto! Now I get it! This is ridiculous. Trades should not be vetoed or approved based on what you think other ppl in the league are going to feel. Its fantasy football man... other owners are going to hate on trades regardless. Its the whole mentality of "oh look teams are making moves while im standing still maybe I should just veto". Thats just how certain ppl are. Any commish that vetoes a trade based on the feeling that its going to piss off other owners should not be a commish. And what does the team getting AJ being garbage or very good have to do with this trade at all?? So if his team sucks then allow the trade but if his team is very good then veto it. Yea that makes perfect sense. I feel like Im talking to a bunch of people playing their very first year of fantasy football here.

Ohhh so if you think the whole league is going to get pissed... then you veto! Now I get it! This is ridiculous. Trades should not be vetoed or approved based on what you think other ppl in the league are going to feel. Its fantasy football man... other owners are going to hate on trades regardless. Its the whole mentality of "oh look teams are making moves while im standing still maybe I should just veto". Thats just how certain ppl are. Any commish that vetoes a trade based on the feeling that its going to piss off other owners should not be a commish.

Add the fact that it's a terrible trade worthy of a veto without considering the other teams.

ok, here is the info. The Team trying to acquire AJ Green is a Bengals fan (so he knows how good he is). He is mad and thinks it is a fair trade. I sat down with both of them before the trade was vetoed. I told them I have no problem with them acquiring these two players, but not one for one, not before any games have been played. in a 10 team league that only starts 1 QB. If Roethlesburger steps it up in the first two games, well it could sway that way. But currently he is "projected" as the 14th QB in FFL. He was ROY in 2004. He has 2 Super Bowl rings. He made the Pro Bowl in 2007. The ONLY year he was a Top 10 FFL QB. That was 6 years ago. He lost all his WR's. He has no running game. The Defense has slipped. So forget crystal balls. In 10 years, he was a top 10 QB once. 6 years ago. I don't care who trades what for who. No value here. You have a Cincy fan trying to convince everyone that AJ Green is an average player. Some of you think it is wrong for the commissioner to veto and let the owners decide. But this was just too one sided. This one team taking advantage of another one, could ruin the whole league. I still encourage them to trade. It doesn't even have to be an even trade for both team (usually never is). But it can't be heavy loaded on one side.

Ohhh so if you think the whole league is going to get pissed... then you veto! Now I get it! This is ridiculous. Trades should not be vetoed or approved based on what you think other ppl in the league are going to feel. Its fantasy football man... other owners are going to hate on trades regardless. Its the whole mentality of "oh look teams are making moves while im standing still maybe I should just veto". Thats just how certain ppl are. Any commish that vetoes a trade based on the feeling that its going to piss off other owners should not be a commish.

Add the fact that it's a terrible trade worthy of a veto without considering the other teams.

So now we dont consider the other teams? How quickly we change our tune. Your completely wrong btw. This trade is not unfair enough to be vetoed. Is is a good trade in my eyes if I had AJ..NO! However that doesnt mean its veto worthy.

So now we dont consider the other teams? How quickly we change our tune. Your completely wrong btw.

Your comprehension skill is quite lacking brah

Either way, there's no clear answer to which is right. You got a point but it's not as extreme as you think. If I had to make a decision as the commish, I would veto it but I'd be ready to deal with some controversy.

ok, here is the info. The Team trying to acquire AJ Green is a Bengals fan (so he knows how good he is). He is mad and thinks it is a fair trade. I sat down with both of them before the trade was vetoed. I told them I have no problem with them acquiring these two players, but not one for one, not before any games have been played. in a 10 team league that only starts 1 QB. If Roethlesburger steps it up in the first two games, well it could sway that way. But currently he is "projected" as the 14th QB in FFL. He was ROY in 2004. He has 2 Super Bowl rings. He made the Pro Bowl in 2007. The ONLY year he was a Top 10 FFL QB. That was 6 years ago. He lost all his WR's. He has no running game. The Defense has slipped. So forget crystal balls. In 10 years, he was a top 10 QB once. 6 years ago. I don't care who trades what for who. No value here. You have a Cincy fan trying to convince everyone that AJ Green is an average player. Some of you think it is wrong for the commissioner to veto and let the owners decide. But this was just too one sided. This one team taking advantage of another one, could ruin the whole league. I still encourage them to trade. It doesn't even have to be an even trade for both team (usually never is). But it can't be heavy loaded on one side.

wait wait wait! So if Ben plays 2 games and throws 4TD passes/400yds each game... then youll allow the trade? There is soo much wrong with this i dont even know where to begin. Dont you see you yourself are saying if Ben does good his first 2 games then its fair??!!! How is it not fair enough before 2 games but after 2 good games from Ben itll be fair? This is exactly why its not vetoable because in 2 games everything can change.

So now we dont consider the other teams? How quickly we change our tune. Your completely wrong btw.

Your comprehension skill is quite lacking brah

Either way, there's no clear answer to which is right. You got a point but it's not as extreme as you think. If I had to make a decision as the commish, I would veto it but I'd be ready to deal with some controversy.

Id say your explanation skills are quite lacking.

So that means he cant and its impossible right? Because 5th and 7th are soo far away from each other.

You keep using the argument that it shouldn't be vetoed bc Ben "could" technically be a top 5qb.

So my question for you now is to give me a trade that is veto worthy. How about mark Sanchez for AP? Mark Sanchez COULD become a top 5qb right? It's not impossible. And AP COULD tear his acl again.

So I'm asking you where you draw the line, if you do at all?

You keep using the argument that it shouldn't be vetoed bc Ben "could" technically be a top 5qb.

So my question for you now is to give me a trade that is veto worthy. How about mark Sanchez for AP? Mark Sanchez COULD become a top 5qb right? It's not impossible. And AP COULD tear his acl again.

of course you draw a line man. Thats a perfect example of a trade that should be vetoed! Mark Sanchez is not even a starter and has done nothing in his carrer but be horrible. If you see someone trading Sanchez for AP.. yea u veto! Injuries should not be a factor here. any injury can happen at anytime. I cant believe were talking about a Big Ben for AJ trade and a Mark Sanchez for AP trade in the same convo here.

of course you draw a line man. Thats a perfect example of a trade that should be vetoed! Mark Sanchez is not even a starter and has done nothing in his carrer but be horrible. If you see someone trading Sanchez for AP.. yea u veto! Injuries should not be a factor here. any injury can happen at anytime. I cant believe were talking about a Big Ben for AJ trade and a Mark Sanchez for AP trade in the same convo here.

But according to your logic, it's not impossible for Sanchez to blow up and be a top 5 qb. Just like it isn't impossible for Ben. That's the problem with your logic, you contradict yourself.

It might be more probable for Ben, but it's still not impossible for Sanchez. Just like it isn't impossible for AP to bust

Point being, preseason you have to go by projections and probability. This trade is every bit vetoable based on that

But according to your logic, it's not impossible for Sanchez to blow up and be a top 5 qb. Just like it isn't impossible for Ben. That's the problem with your logic, you contradict yourself.

No.. BigBen is a starting SB winning QB with MVPs. If you think Mark Sanchez is going to be a top 5 QB then you need your head examined. Its not possible you know why? He doesnt even have a job. So yea if your trading AP for a bench player thats an obvious veto. Were not brain dead here.. im pretty sure everybody agrees Mark Sanchez and Big Ben shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath. Its a very stupid comparison.

Im with you, but ill take it a step farther and say that if anybody is stupid enough to make that trade, they should be kicked out of your league next season. But the trade should still stand.

No.. BigBen is a starting SB winning QB with MVPs. If you think Mark Sanchez is going to be a top 5 QB then you need your head examined. Its not possible you know why? He doesnt even have a job. So yea if your trading AP for a bench player thats an obvious veto. Were not brain dead here.. im pretty sure everybody agrees Mark Sanchez and Big Ben shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath. Its a very stupid comparison.

So it's vetoable bc he's a bench player? Ok, then how about AP for ponder? Would you veto that?

Big bens past Super Bowl titles and mvps have NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING to do with his 2013 fantasy outlook. More terrible logic

Im with you, but ill take it a step farther and say that if anybody is stupid enough to make that trade, they should be kicked out of your league next season. But the trade should still stand.

Fully agree. Is it a good trade.. no. However thats not what were arguing here. Unfair enough to veto it is not!

So it's vetoable bc he's a bench player? Ok, then how about AP for ponder? Would you veto that?

Big bens past Super Bowl titles and mvps have NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING to do with his 2013 fantasy outlook. More terrible logic

Oh look another great comparison... maybe well compare Big Ben to Tim Tebow next like the guy a few pages back. Of course you veto that. What has Christian Ponder done to make you think hes anywhere close to Big Ben who is an elite QB make no mistake about it. Your right tho Ben having SB rings MVPs proves nothing in his talent over Ponder. Were talking about two players not even in the same bracket. The probability of Ben throwing 45TDs and Ponder throwing 45TDs are soo far from each other its an arguement not worth discussing. If you want to run a dictatorship than your on the right track my friend. Keep vetoing away.

But like you said, it isn't impossible for ponder to be a top 5qb this year, so why would u veto it?

So now you're using projections to determine Big Ben will be better than ponder this year??? I thought you said we can't go by those and anything can happen? More contradictions....

And Big Ben is not an elite fantasy qb. Not at all.

But like you said, it isn't impossible for ponder to be a top 5qb this year, so why would u veto it?

So now you're using projections to determine Big Ben will be better than ponder this year??? I thought you said we can't go by those and anything can happen? More contradictions....

Im contradicting nothing. This isnt logic class. Ponder has done NOTHING in his career. NOTHING! I guess you just make your yearly predictions without taking into account any history on players. GL with that. Ben was a top 5 QB for me last year until he got hurt. Seems like he can still be pretty elite to me. When was the last time Ponder even sniffed top 5 QB status... top 10QB status? or even top 15 QB status? Dont worry Ill wait.

I would say live and let die on this regardless of how stupid the trade was. I know it burns me when I see lopsided trades but the veto can also screw the league because the vetoed member could end up leaving. Nobody likes being vetoed.

Im contradicting nothing. This isnt logic class. Ponder has done NOTHING in his career. NOTHING! I guess you just make your yearly predictions without taking into account any history on players. GL with that. Ben was a top 5 QB for me last year until he got hurt. Seems like he can still be pretty elite to me. When was the last time Ponder even sniffed top 5 QB status... top 10QB status? or even top 15 QB status? Dont worry Ill wait.

Like somebody else pointed out to you, Big Ben has finished top 10 once....6 years ago lol. But now it's ok to think he will finish higher than a top 3 fantasy receiver. Riiiiiiiiight. History shows Big Ben has LITTLE chance of finishing top 5 this year. Just like ponder has LITTLE chance of it. Both are vetoable trades

Like somebody else pointed out to you, Big Ben has finished top 10 once....6 years ago lol. But now it's ok to think he will finish higher than a top 3 fantasy receiver. Riiiiiiiiight. History shows Big Ben has LITTLE chance of finishing top 5 this year. Just like ponder has LITTLE chance of it. Both are vetoable trades

Im not saying Ben will do this man.. Im saying that he can and he is more than capable. Ponder is not. Ben being capable of being elite and a top 5-10 QB is enough to let this trade go through. If you really believe both BigBen and Ponder have the same LITTLE chance of putting up great QB numbers I have a league with one spot open if youd like to join? Ill pm you the League ID if your interested.. its a yahoo league. Dont miss your chance to be in one more man!! Its not too late.. the season starts tomorrow!!