Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

But like you said, it isn't impossible for ponder to be a top 5qb this year, so why would u veto it?

So now you're using projections to determine Big Ben will be better than ponder this year??? I thought you said we can't go by those and anything can happen? More contradictions....

And Big Ben is not an elite fantasy qb. Not at all.

Im contradicting nothing. This isnt logic class. Ponder has done NOTHING in his career. NOTHING! I guess you just make your yearly predictions without taking into account any history on players. GL with that. Ben was a top 5 QB for me last year until he got hurt. Seems like he can still be pretty elite to me. When was the last time Ponder even sniffed top 5 QB status... top 10QB status? or even top 15 QB status? Dont worry Ill wait.

Like somebody else pointed out to you, Big Ben has finished top 10 once....6 years ago lol. But now it's ok to think he will finish higher than a top 3 fantasy receiver. Riiiiiiiiight. History shows Big Ben has LITTLE chance of finishing top 5 this year. Just like ponder has LITTLE chance of it. Both are vetoable trades

Im not saying Ben will do this man.. Im saying that he can and he is more than capable. Ponder is not. Ben being capable of being elite and a top 5-10 QB is enough to let this trade go through. If you really believe both BigBen and Ponder have the same LITTLE chance of putting up great QB numbers I have a league with one spot open if youd like to join? Ill pm you the League ID if your interested.. its a yahoo league. Dont miss your chance to be in one more man!! Its not too late.. the season starts tomorrow!!

I didn't say they had the same little chance, I said they both have a little chance. Big Ben is so capable of being a top 10 qb it's happened once in his career 6 years ago? That makes so much sense. But your logic is that just because its not impossible it's not vetoable. It also isn't impossible for ponder to be top 5. Your logic is flat out DUMB! And I'll pass on your league, I don't like stealing money.

But like you said, it isn't impossible for ponder to be a top 5qb this year, so why would u veto it?

So now you're using projections to determine Big Ben will be better than ponder this year??? I thought you said we can't go by those and anything can happen? More contradictions....

Im contradicting nothing. This isnt logic class. Ponder has done NOTHING in his career. NOTHING! I guess you just make your yearly predictions without taking into account any history on players. GL with that. Ben was a top 5 QB for me last year until he got hurt. Seems like he can still be pretty elite to me. When was the last time Ponder even sniffed top 5 QB status... top 10QB status? or even top 15 QB status? Dont worry Ill wait.

Like somebody else pointed out to you, Big Ben has finished top 10 once....6 years ago lol. But now it's ok to think he will finish higher than a top 3 fantasy receiver. Riiiiiiiiight. History shows Big Ben has LITTLE chance of finishing top 5 this year. Just like ponder has LITTLE chance of it. Both are vetoable trades

Im not saying Ben will do this man.. Im saying that he can and he is more than capable. Ponder is not. Ben being capable of being elite and a top 5-10 QB is enough to let this trade go through. If you really believe both BigBen and Ponder have the same LITTLE chance of putting up great QB numbers I have a league with one spot open if youd like to join? Ill pm you the League ID if your interested.. its a yahoo league. Dont miss your chance to be in one more man!! Its not too late.. the season starts tomorrow!!

I didn't say they had the same little chance, I said they both have a little chance. Big Ben is so capable of being a top 10 qb it's happened once in his career 6 years ago? That makes so much sense. But your logic is that just because its not impossible it's not vetoable. It also isn't impossible for ponder to be top 5. Your logic is flat out DUMB! And I'll pass on your league, I don't like stealing money.

I smell the fear from here... it stinks of a fearful fantasy owner. Come play with the big boys kid!

The only thing that has stopped Ben from being a top 10QB more than once is injury. And yes you are saying him and christian ponder have the same little chance to be a top5-10 QB. Are we not comparing these 2 right now? Am i in the twilight zone?

I smell the fear from here... it stinks of a fearful fantasy owner. Come play with the big boys kid!

You can't even use big boy logic lol.

You can't even use big boy logic lol.

Still stinks over hear... yup yup thats pure fear.

Still trying to figure out what this guys league has to do with the topic of this thread. Pretty strange

Still trying to figure out what this guys league has to do with the topic of this thread. Pretty strange

i think this has been exhausted fully. no point in taking this convo any further is their? 100 responses for a bench/coach question seems like its gone long enough. I think all points were heard here. I need another league member.. thought Id ask since I like the way u think. Dont see whats so strange about that. Whats strange is comparing Christian Ponder to Big Ben... now thats certifiable.

Ok we can all agree it's a horrible trade. But come on this league commish admitted a page back if big Ben played well in a few games he would not veto it. How does two games change the logic of the question? This is a bush league at best the commish should pass the duties to someone who can't be swayed by big games. I still say the trade should not be vetoed sorry this is not the everyone must have even players and teams can't have any advantage league. It's cut throat u play to win and trade to win u don't try to appease everyone because if you did no trades would happen. So basically in this league ifi lost say Calvin Johnson but had Bree's/big Ben and tried to trade big Ben to a team that lacks at qb for say green/Julio and the other team felt it benefitted them it's up to the commish to tell me I have to suffer with a bad wr lineup and my trade partner with a bad qb situation? Is it fair the commish who is just another guy u have to play one day holds ur teams balls in his hand and can say nope, you both like it but I don't so try again. I despise commish veto and think the league should vote and commish should only be involved in the event of a tie.

Ok we can all agree it's a horrible trade. But come on this league commish admitted a page back if big Ben played well in a few games he would not veto it. How does two games change the logic of the question? This is a bush league at best the commish should pass the duties to someone who can't be swayed by big games. I still say the trade should not be vetoed sorry this is not the everyone must have even players and teams can't have any advantage league. It's cut throat u play to win and trade to win u don't try to appease everyone because if you did no trades would happen. So basically in this league ifi lost say Calvin Johnson but had Bree's/big Ben and tried to trade big Ben to a team that lacks at qb for say green/Julio and the other team felt it benefitted them it's up to the commish to tell me I have to suffer with a bad wr lineup and my trade partner with a bad qb situation? Is it fair the commish who is just another guy u have to play one day holds ur teams balls in his hand and can say nope, you both like it but I don't so try again. I despise commish veto and think the league should vote and commish should only be involved in the event of a tie.

Bang! Nail on the head.

I would have vetoed it. I know a lot of people are anti-veto unless collusion is proven but trades like this just destroy the integrity of the league. I've been in (mostly baseball) leagues where stuff like this happens, and the league just ends up feeling like a clown show. Sure, restricting manager movement sucks but so does turning the league into a race to rip off the idiot in the group. There's no skill involved in getting AJ for Ben. I'd be pissed if I prepared well, drafted well and managed well only to be put at a disadvantage because I didn't think to offer a late round pick for a second round pick. It's a no-win because someone ends up getting screwed but I'd rather give the league a chance and have the winner be determined by skill at fantasy football instead of skill at taking advantage of a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

Next year I'd just boot the guy giving up Green out of the league.

What do you do if AJ tears his ACL in the first game and Ben finishes a top 10 QB? Just tell the guy it was in the best interest of the league?

By that logic I guess you'd have no problem with AP getting traded for geno smith. AP could tear his acl again and geno could blow up. Doesn't stop the trade from ruining the integrity of the league.

There's a fine line between getting the better of newbies and downright screwing every other owner over at their expense. This case falls into the latter IMO

You picked two players that are ridiculously far apart in value, i dont get the comparison?

I would have vetoed it. I know a lot of people are anti-veto unless collusion is proven but trades like this just destroy the integrity of the league. I've been in (mostly baseball) leagues where stuff like this happens, and the league just ends up feeling like a clown show. Sure, restricting manager movement sucks but so does turning the league into a race to rip off the idiot in the group. There's no skill involved in getting AJ for Ben. I'd be pissed if I prepared well, drafted well and managed well only to be put at a disadvantage because I didn't think to offer a late round pick for a second round pick. It's a no-win because someone ends up getting screwed but I'd rather give the league a chance and have the winner be determined by skill at fantasy football instead of skill at taking advantage of a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing.

What do you do if AJ tears his ACL in the first game and Ben finishes a top 10 QB? Just tell the guy it was in the best interest of the league?

By that logic I guess you'd have no problem with AP getting traded for geno smith. AP could tear his acl again and geno could blow up. Doesn't stop the trade from ruining the integrity of the league.

There's a fine line between getting the better of newbies and downright screwing every other owner over at their expense. This case falls into the latter IMO

You picked two players that are ridiculously far apart in value, i dont get the comparison?

AJ and Big Ben are ridiculously far apart in value. His whole argument was based on the fact that it shouldn't be vetoed bc "it's not impossible for Big Ben to return top 5 value (he's only been top 10 once 6 years ago) and for AJ green to be a bust." Well u could say the exact same thing for any 2 player trade including a crappy qb and ap.

AJ and Big Ben are ridiculously far apart in value. His whole argument was based on the fact that it shouldn't be vetoed bc "it's not impossible for Big Ben to return top 5 value (he's only been top 10 once 6 years ago) and for AJ green to be a bust." Well u could say the exact same thing for any 2 player trade including a crappy qb and ap.

No no no.. Big Ben and Christian Ponder are ridiculously far apart in value. As is Mark Sanchez and Big Ben... as is Tim Tebow and Big Ben. Big Ben and AJ Green are not... especially if your team needs a QB. You telling me if my starting QB gets hurt I cant trade AJ for a QB I need? Again im not saying this trade is good... were deciding if its bad enough to veto... which it isnt.

Leon Washington for AP

Mark Sanchez for Aaron Rodgers

Calvin Johnson for Kirk Cousins

Trent Richardson and Lynch for Daniel Thomas and Michael Bush

these are what trades that should be vetoed look like.

Commish veto is WRONG, All leagues should be player voted with the commish only interfering if theres a TIE.

Just be glad its not as bad as this trade in my fun NFL managed league lol.

9cjt.png

No no no.. Big Ben and Christian Ponder are ridiculously far apart in value. As is Mark Sanchez and Big Ben... as is Tim Tebow and Big Ben. Big Ben and AJ Green are not... especially if your team needs a QB. You telling me if my starting QB gets hurt I cant trade AJ for a QB I need? Again im not saying this trade is good... were deciding if its bad enough to veto... which it isnt.

I didn't hear anything about this guys starting qb getting hurt so that's pretty irrelevant. AJ and Big Ben are absolutely ridiculously far apart in value in a 10 team 1qb league with 4pt passing tds. I'm sorry you can't grasp that. To me this trade is worth a league veto and would get it in any league with integrity. Like I said I'm never in favor of commish veto.

So what is your cut off point for vetoes? What is the worst qb you would allow for this trade to go through without a veto? Josh freeman? Alex smith? Tannehil?

I didn't hear anything about this guys starting qb getting hurt so that's pretty irrelevant. AJ and Big Ben are absolutely ridiculously far apart in value in a 10 team 1qb league with 4pt passing tds. I'm sorry you can't grasp that. To me this trade is worth a league veto and would get it in any league with integrity. Like I said I'm never in favor of commish veto.

So what is your cut off point for vetoes? What is the worst qb you would allow for this trade to go through without a veto? Josh freeman? Alex smith? Tannehil?

Haha... how is that irrelevant? Is in not possible for this situation to arise? It most definitely is and probably will. So in your league I wouldnt be able to trade AJ Green for QB that my team desperately needs? Thats so ridiculous. Im sorry you dont really grasp what an unfair trade actually looks like. Is this what fantasy is coming to these days? "Oh it looks unfair" VETO!.. NO! it should be obviously unfair like the trades I just listed. The leagues own commish said that if Ben had just 2 good games to start the year then he wouldve allowed the trade at that point. So 2 good games changes everything right? Tell me how that makes sense? Im all ears.

There is no way I would be in a league that veto's a trade like this. Horrible veto. You shouldnt be the commish if you veto this. How do you know exaclty how this season will play out with these two players? Do you have a crystal ball? What if Ben throws 45TDs this year in an offense with no running game where hes forced to air it out? What if AJ takes a step back this year in an offense with more mouths to feed? Im not saying it will happen but anything can happen which is why this is a horrible veto. There both star players. Its not like he traded Mark Sanchez for AJ Green. Now thats a trade you veto.. not this one. Let owners follow their beliefs on how they think players will do. Isnt that the whole point of playing fantasy? It really irritates me to see trades like this vetoed Im sorry. Only obviously unfair trades should be vetoed. Nobody can tell the future here which is basically what your saying you can do by vetoing this trade. You get an F commish.

If the dude trading AJ really thought Ben would have such a great yr why didnt he draft him? Sure he could have gotten him within the first 10 rounds without issue, and still had AJ Green. Your argument is completely INVALID. Even if he wanted to trade for ben he could surely give up far less. This type of trade screws over every single other person in the league.

This is the first time that I have ever posted on this site in approval of a veto.

You can find A Big Ben type player on FA he is a dime a dozen in fantasy. Anyone who tries to defend this trade either loves to argue or loves to take advantage of lesser fantasy owners. As the commish you did the right thing by maintaining the integrity of your league.

There is no way I would be in a league that veto's a trade like this. Horrible veto. You shouldnt be the commish if you veto this. How do you know exaclty how this season will play out with these two players? Do you have a crystal ball? What if Ben throws 45TDs this year in an offense with no running game where hes forced to air it out? What if AJ takes a step back this year in an offense with more mouths to feed? Im not saying it will happen but anything can happen which is why this is a horrible veto. There both star players. Its not like he traded Mark Sanchez for AJ Green. Now thats a trade you veto.. not this one. Let owners follow their beliefs on how they think players will do. Isnt that the whole point of playing fantasy? It really irritates me to see trades like this vetoed Im sorry. Only obviously unfair trades should be vetoed. Nobody can tell the future here which is basically what your saying you can do by vetoing this trade. You get an F commish.

If the dude trading AJ really thought Ben would have such a great yr why didnt he draft him? Sure he could have gotten him within the first 10 rounds without issue, and still had AJ Green. Your argument is completely INVALID. Even if he wanted to trade for ben he could surely give up far less. This type of trade screws over every single other person in the league.

This is the first time that I have ever posted on this site in approval of a veto.

Im not condoning this trade as a good one. All im saying is it doesnt deserve to be vetoed. How do you know what the guy is thinking... of course he couldve just drafted Ben but thats for him to decide. If you dont want trades like this to happen you find competitive owners for your league who know thier stuff and this wont happen... but to veto it. NO! This is what fantasy football is... its cut throat and its a game. Let the owners play the game.

Haha... how is that irrelevant? Is in not possible for this situation to arise? It most definitely is and probably will. So in your league I wouldnt be able to trade AJ Green for QB that my team desperately needs? Thats so ridiculous. Im sorry you dont really grasp what an unfair trade actually looks like. Is this what fantasy is coming to these days? "Oh it looks unfair" VETO!.. NO! it should be obviously unfair like the trades I just listed. The leagues own commish said that if Ben had just 2 good games to start the year then he wouldve allowed the trade at that point. So 2 good games changes everything right? Tell me how that makes sense? Im all ears.

It's irrelevant bc it's a completely different situation. His starting qb isn't hurt. So your saying a top 3 WR for a buckup qb that is middle of the pack in terms of fantasy value isn't ridiculously unfair? Gtfoh!

So who is the worst qb you would allow this trade to happen without veto. Give me a name. You already said geno, Sanchez, tebow and ponder are vetoable. Is that it? How about tannehil? Alex smith? Jay cutler? Give me the worst one that's non vetoable

You can find A Big Ben type player on FA he is a dime a dozen in fantasy. Anyone who tries to defend this trade either loves to argue or loves to take advantage of lesser fantasy owners. As the commish you did the right thing by maintaining the integrity of your league.

So tell me why this same commish who you say made the right call here on the veto said that if Ben had just 2 good games in a row to start the year then he wouldve let it go through?

It's irrelevant bc it's a completely different situation. His starting qb isn't hurt. So your saying a top 3 WR for a buckup qb that is middle of the pack in terms of fantasy value isn't ridiculously unfair? Gtfoh!

So who is the worst qb you would allow this trade to happen without veto. Give me a name. You already said geno, Sanchez, tebow and ponder. Is that it? How about tannehil? Alex smith? Jay cutler? Give me the worst one that's non vetoable

Should we not be proactive for situations like this? Someones starting QB in that league will get hurt. What if they want to trade a WR such as AJ to get one? Your telling me they shouldnt be allowed?

Your the one calling Ben a middle of the pack QB not me. He CAN most definitely be elite because he has flirted with it before. Did you bust out your crystal ball again? What did it say Ben will do this year?

So who is the worst qb you would allow this trade to happen without veto. Give me a name. You already said geno, Sanchez, tebow and ponder. Is that it? How about tannehil? Alex smith? Jay cutler? Give me the worst one that's non vetoable

Should we not be proactive for situations like this? Someones starting QB in that league will get hurt. What if they want to trade a WR such as AJ to get one? Your telling me they shouldnt be allowed?

No, bc it's completely asinine and Big Ben can be had for a wr3 caliber player. The guy is obviously a noob. No need to screw everyone else in the league over bc some guy is able to talk him into a top 3 WR for middle of the pack back up qb. Do u put no stock in league integrity? You're down with just having a feeding frenzy on the newbie seeing who can rip him off the worst? Bush league bro

Btw I'm still waiting for a name. Give me the worst qb u would allow in a trade for AJ green to not get vetoed.

How is Big Ben elite finishing top 10 ONCE six years ago? You have a very strange definition of the word elite

Your the commish... you should know your league and its players. If you dont want some noob in your league making stupid trades than dont invite him to join! Thats how you minimize bad trades... but to veto a trade such as this one just isnt right. Again he didnt trade AJ Green for some no name. Big Ben is a very very good QB in both real life and in fantasy. The only reason he finished top 10 once in 6 years was due to injuries. He wouldve done it just last year if not for injury!! He was a top 5 QB when he got hurt! Jesus.. i need a sixer after this convo.

No a commish doesn't always know everyone in their league. We always get new random people in leagues I'm in if people bail or something. We don't hold auditions and interviews beforehand to see how much everyone knows before they join. More terrible logic. Bottom line the league should've voted on it not commish veto, but this trade is 100% vetoable and would be in any league with integrity.

I'm still waiting for you to give me name. You keep avoiding it for some reason. Would tannehil be vetoable? How about Alex smith? Cutler?

No a commish doesn't always know everyone in their league. We always get new random people in leagues I'm in if people bail or something. We don't hold auditions and interviews beforehand to see how much everyone knows before they join. More terrible logic. Bottom line the league should've voted on it not commish veto, but this trade is 100% vetoable and would be in any league with integrity.

I'm still waiting for you to give me name. You keep avoiding it for some reason. Would tannehil be vetoable? How about Alex smith? Cutler?

You know whats bad logic.. Vetoing Aj for Ben thats what.

And Im still wating for you to tell me how after only 2 games if Ben plays good that this trade would allowed to go through? So if he plays 2 good games then hes obviously an elite QB and its fair right? and if he has a bad first 2 games then hes garbage and its vetoable... yea makes perfect sense.