Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

I didn't say the thing about 2 games. You should be asking that to someone else. Bad logic is asking someone a question about something they didnt say. And so is Big Ben for AJ.

Still waiting on a name. How about Andy dalton? Weeden? Palmer? They ok? What's the cut off point

I didn't say the thing about 2 games. You should be asking that to someone else. Bad logic is asking someone a question about something they didnt say. And so is Big Ben for AJ.

Still waiting on a name. How about Andy dalton? Weeden? Palmer? They ok? What's the cut off point

Are we not evaluating the competence on the league commish here? Hes the one who said it not some random poster. How can we not talk about this horrible commishioners own statements when evaluating this trade. Maybe because it proves my point for me that this shouldnt be vetoed thats why were not talking about it. I guess good logic is just glossing over the things that pick apart your arguement. Enough with the logic bs. Big Ben was a top 5 QB when he got hurt how is that not elite production? Just last year! AJ for Big Ben completely unvetoable! Its only logical! haha

I'm actually kind of interested in what your cut off point is, since you've been so adamant about Ben for AJ is fair but Sanchez for AJ is defiitely not. Are we talking Schaub/Dalton type or Weeden/Gabbert level? Is Cutler for AJ fair in your book?

Lol no I'm absolutely not evaluating the competence of the commish. I already told him I disagreed with commish vetoing. In fact I think that was the first thing I said. I said I would've voted against it but if my league mates didnt then oh well.

The only thing im evaluating is this trade at this point in the year. Not two games from now or whatever you're talking about.

Still waiting on a name

I'm actually kind of interested in what your cut off point is, since you've been so adamant about Ben for AJ is fair but Sanchez for AJ is defiitely not. Are we talking Schaub/Dalton type or Weeden/Gabbert level? Is Cutler for AJ fair in your book?

I've asked him 5 times. He's avoiding it

Your right im afraid of the question. Im avoiding it as much as your avoiding mine.

Sanchez for AJ is obviously unfair... can we all agree on this? because if we cant the convo is ending here. Were really comparing Sanchez and Ben here? I would have np if it was Cutler ir Schaub either instead of Ben. They can all post very good #s

Your right im afraid of the question. Im avoiding it as much as your avoiding mine.

Sanchez for AJ is obviously unfair... can we all agree on this? because if we cant the convo is ending here.

It is unfair. Just like Ben for AJ. You think it isn't though, so I'm asking for your cut off point. It has to be somewhere between ponder/sanchez and ben. How about Matt Schaub? Who's the worst qb that's not vetoable?

Is Schaub for AJ unfair? Schaub was a top 5 QB in 2009. How about Palmer for AJ? He was a top QB in Cincy. Do you see the flaw in your argument yet?

The people who are so adamantly supportive of this trade standing are crazy. Vetoing is the devil! Blah blah blah. Anyone in their right mind knows that AJ Green for Big Ben is straight up theft. I'm a commish too and I'm not a "dictator" but I like to run a clean ship and let my league members know that trades like this will not stand. I like being in leagues that are highly competitive and fair. The fantasy players that are competitive and know what they're doing, should also know that a trade should make sense and help both teams. This trade is clearly not that. If the owner acquiring Big Ben was doing so because his QB1 went down and he had no backup, then whatever. It's still a terrible trade, but if Big Ben was producing at a high level, you should probably let that one go. But a consensus top 3 receiver for a *low level QB1 before the season starts is absurd.

Is Schaub for AJ unfair? Schaub was a top 5 QB in 2009. How about Palmer for AJ? He was a top QB in Cincy. Do you see the flaw in your argument yet?

No i dont.. please show me the way. Id feel the exact same way if it were Schaub or Cutler instead of Ben.

The people who are so adamantly supportive of this trade standing are crazy. Vetoing is the devil! Blah blah blah. Anyone in their right mind knows that AJ Green for Big Ben is straight up theft. I'm a commish too and I'm not a "dictator" but I like to run a clean ship and let my league members know that trades like this will not stand. I like being in leagues that are highly competitive and fair. The fantasy players that are competitive and know what they're doing, should also know that a trade should make sense and help both teams. This trade is clearly not that. If the owner acquiring Big Ben was doing so because his QB1 went down and he had no backup, then whatever. It's still a terrible trade, but if Big Ben was producing at a high level, you should probably let that one go. But a consensus top 3 receiver for a QB2 before the season starts is absurd.

So only in the case of an injury is this trade acceptable? Makes perfect sense. Again im not saying this is a good trade. Is it vetoable is the question here! how can it be vetoable if his team stays healthy but fair if his QB gets hurt? Explain the logic behind this one please professor.

Ok we are getting somewhere now. Tannehill for AJ? Is that the line? I'm just trying to be clear here. EJ Manuel?

Do you understand that these players have ZERO value in the majority of fantasy football leagues in 2013? AJ Green will have a MASSIVE fantasy impact in EVERY fantasy league. That is the difference. This is why your argument for Big Ben is flawed. There is literally no difference between Ben or any other waiver wire QB in a 10 team 1 QB league in 2013, the team with the worst QB is starting Romo, Luck, RG3 or Vick, far superior fantasy QB's to Ben.

Ok we are getting somewhere now. Tannehill for AJ? Is that the line? I'm just trying to be clear here. EJ Manuel?

I wouldnt veto those either no. Whos to say these guys cant be studs this year? Cam Newtons first year anyone?? Who saw that one coming? I bet if you offered a stud WR for Cam before his rookie year started it woudlve gotten vetoed right? Should it have been...NO.

Like i said Aaron Rodgers for Mark Sanchez is a vetoable trade. AP for Michael Bush is a vetoable trade. This isnt.

Do you understand that these players have ZERO value in the majority of fantasy football leagues in 2013? AJ Green will have a MASSIVE fantasy impact in EVERY fantasy league. That is the difference. This is why your argument for Big Ben is flawed. There is literally no difference between Ben or any other waiver wire QB in a 10 team 1 QB league in 2013, the team with the worst QB is starting Romo, Luck, RG3 or Vick, far superior fantasy QB's to Ben.

haha we have another Ms.CLeo I guess. How do you know exactly how these players will perform this year? Your telling me its impossible for Ben or Cutler to outperform Vick or Romo?

Josh Freeman then? He's still young with potential. Josh Freeman, widely undrafted, for AJ Green, consensus early 2nd round pick, is fair in your book?

haha we have another Ms.CLeo I guess. How do you know exactly how these players will perform this year? Your telling me its impossible for Ben or Cutler to outperform Vick or Romo?

And you're telling me it's impossible for Sanchez to outperform AJ Green. So whats the difference?

How do you know what ponder is going to do next year? What if he blows up and you vetoed it? So why is that vetoable based on your logic?

Josh Freeman then? He's still young with potential. Josh Freeman, widely undrafted, for AJ Green, consensus early 2nd round pick, is fair in your book?

It it 100% fair in my eyes no. Is it unfair enough that I would veto it... no. Whos to say Freeman doesnt step up and have an awesome year. Do you see the flaws in your arguement now?

So only in the case of an injury is this trade acceptable? Makes perfect sense. Again im not saying this is a good trade. Is it vetoable is the question here! how can it be vetoable if his team stays healthy but fair if his QB gets hurt? Explain the logic behind this one please professor.

Haha was that the third time you edited your quote? Please keep going Jr. Anyway, yeah I believe a QB injury does make it more acceptable. I'm assuming this AJ Green owner has a QB1 or close to it, like a Ben (low-level QB1), at least. If that QB went down for him, and he had no back up, he would have to turn to the waivers. Big Ben is better than a waiver wire QB during the year. So now it actually makes sense to acquire him via trade. I'm sorry but you've failed the class, I'm going to have to inform your parents.

And you're telling me it's impossible for Sanchez to outperform AJ Green. So whats the difference?

Yea hes sitting on the bench so I would say its pretty impossible. Im not talking about predicting injuries here. Obviously trading AJ Green for a bench player should be voteod.

It it 100% fair in my eyes no. Is it unfair enough that I would veto it... no. Whos to say Freeman doesnt step up and have an awesome year. Do you see the flaws in your arguement now?

Who's to say Sanchez doesn't step up and have an awesome year. Is the flaw in your argument not staring you in the face now?

Yea hes sitting on the bench so I would say its pretty impossible. Im not talking about predicting injuries here. Obviously trading AJ Green for a bench player should be voteod.

He's injured, Geno Smith is the starter by default, he did not by any means "win" the job over Sanchez. Way to pay attention and know what's going on.

y

So then why is ponder vetoable? Are you ms Cleo and know that he won't blow up this year? Uh oh, more contradictions.

Haha was that the third time you edited your quote? Please keep going Jr. Anyway, yeah I believe a QB injury does make it more acceptable. I'm assuming this AJ Green owner has a QB1 or close to it, like a Ben (low-level QB1), at least. If that QB went down for him, and he had no back up, he would have to turn to the waivers. Big Ben is better than a waiver wire QB during the year. So now it actually makes sense to acquire him via trade. I'm sorry but you've failed the class, I'm going to have to inform your parents.

oh excuse me big guy. ill just leave my typos in for u next time. You believe an injury to his QB makes the trade fair. You my friend make no sense.