Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

Josh Freeman then? He's still young with potential. Josh Freeman, widely undrafted, for AJ Green, consensus early 2nd round pick, is fair in your book?

It it 100% fair in my eyes no. Is it unfair enough that I would veto it... no. Whos to say Freeman doesnt step up and have an awesome year. Do you see the flaws in your arguement now?

Who's to say Sanchez doesn't step up and have an awesome year. Is the flaw in your argument not staring you in the face now?

HES ON THE BENCH! Obviously trading AJ for a bench player is unfair.

All fantasy players have the SAME value as EVERYONE else, We are ALL going on ASSUMPTIONS that Green and Ben will perform like they have in the past. Green could blow his knee out tommorow during the game and Ben could throw for 500 yards like Manning.

The real ISSUE I have with this is why do trades have to be "fair" whats the point of trading if its just for equal players? Trading is supposed to be used to gain an advantage. Nice people finish last im sorry its true.

The other issue is WHY this commish posted if this was week 2 and Ben had 2 weeks like Peyton did this week he would let it go through. PICK A SIDE.

Do you understand that these players have ZERO value in the majority of fantasy football leagues in 2013? AJ Green will have a MASSIVE fantasy impact in EVERY fantasy league. That is the difference. This is why your argument for Big Ben is flawed. There is literally no difference between Ben or any other waiver wire QB in a 10 team 1 QB league in 2013, the team with the worst QB is starting Romo, Luck, RG3 or Vick, far superior fantasy QB's to Ben.

haha we have another Ms.CLeo I guess. How do you know exactly how these players will perform this year? Your telling me its impossible for Ben or Cutler to outperform Vick or Romo?

And you're telling me it's impossible for Sanchez to outperform AJ Green. So whats the difference?

Yea hes sitting on the bench so I would say its pretty impossible. Im not talking about predicting injuries here. Obviously trading AJ Green for a bench player should be voteod.

He's injured, Geno Smith is the starter by default, he did not by any means "win" the job over Sanchez. Way to pay attention and know what's going on.

I live in NY. I know exactly whats going on. The Jets are DONE with Sanchez. If you believe anything else your foolish and uninformed.

oh excuse me big guy. ill just leave my typos in for u next time. You believe an injury to his QB makes the trade fair. You my friend make no sense.

No, you actually re-worded it a few times. Nice rebuttal, by the way.

All fantasy players have the SAME value as EVERYONE else, We are ALL going on ASSUMPTIONS that Green and Ben will perform like they have in the past. Green could blow his knee out tommorow during the game and Ben could throw for 500 yards like Manning.

The real ISSUE I have with this is why do trades have to be "fair" whats the point of trading if its just for equal players? Trading is supposed to be used to gain an advantage. Nice people finish last im sorry its true.

The other issue is WHY this commish posted if this was week 2 and Ben had 2 weeks like Peyton did this week he would let it go through. PICK A SIDE.

Hallelujah

I haven't seen any of us say trades have to be 100% equal. In fact they rarely are. But the line is drawn somewhere. If all players are equal value before the season you're saying nothing is vetoable? That's silly

Josh Freeman then? He's still young with potential. Josh Freeman, widely undrafted, for AJ Green, consensus early 2nd round pick, is fair in your book?

It it 100% fair in my eyes no. Is it unfair enough that I would veto it... no. Whos to say Freeman doesnt step up and have an awesome year. Do you see the flaws in your arguement now?

Who's to say Sanchez doesn't step up and have an awesome year. Is the flaw in your argument not staring you in the face now?

Still waiting to hear why ponder is vetoable then.

oh excuse me big guy. ill just leave my typos in for u next time. You believe an injury to his QB makes the trade fair. You my friend make no sense.

You make zero sense. So the trades unfair if the kids QB is healthy but oh yea its totally fair if his QB gets hurt. That is stupid! Injuries to his team do not effect Ben or AJs value. Their value is the same whether he needs a QB or not.

I think I lost brain cells reading this thread. Good thing football starts tomorrow.

Today actually!!!!

You make zero sense. So the trades unfair if the kids QB is healthy but oh yea its totally fair if his QB gets hurt. That is stupid! Injuries to his team do not effect Ben or AJs value. Their value is the same whether he needs a QB or not.

He didnt say an injury made the trade fair. He said it at least made some sense but is still a terrible trade.

I think I lost brain cells reading this thread. Good thing football starts tomorrow.

Today actually!!!!

You are right. And I'm even more wrong because football started with the Ravens vs Broncos game. I guess this is proof that after reading this thread, brain cells have been lost.

He didnt say an injury made the trade fair. He said it at least made some sense but is still a terrible trade.

He said it would make it fair enough that it should go through if he needed a QB. Go use your logical ways on him because that makes absolutely no sense.

Still waiting to hear why ponder is vetoable then.

Still waiting....

Do you understand that these players have ZERO value in the majority of fantasy football leagues in 2013? AJ Green will have a MASSIVE fantasy impact in EVERY fantasy league. That is the difference. This is why your argument for Big Ben is flawed. There is literally no difference between Ben or any other waiver wire QB in a 10 team 1 QB league in 2013, the team with the worst QB is starting Romo, Luck, RG3 or Vick, far superior fantasy QB's to Ben.

haha we have another Ms.CLeo I guess. How do you know exactly how these players will perform this year? Your telling me its impossible for Ben or Cutler to outperform Vick or Romo?

And you're telling me it's impossible for Sanchez to outperform AJ Green. So whats the difference?

Yea hes sitting on the bench so I would say its pretty impossible. Im not talking about predicting injuries here. Obviously trading AJ Green for a bench player should be voteod.

He's injured, Geno Smith is the starter by default, he did not by any means "win" the job over Sanchez. Way to pay attention and know what's going on.

I live in NY. I know exactly whats going on. The Jets are DONE with Sanchez. If you believe anything else your foolish and uninformed.

I couldn't care less about the Jets, I laugh everytime they come up because they are such a disgrace. I'm just trying to find out what you consider to be fair or unfair. As you've said, anything can happen, so what if the Jets decide that Sanchez is their guy once he's healthy, and he comes back and puts up Pro Bowl numbers, it COULD happen by your logic. THAT is precisely why that logic is bad. Because Mark Sanchez SUCKS. And he would NEVER do that. But in reality, he COULD, right? But he won't. It's the same exact argument for Ben. End of discussion.

I couldn't care less about the Jets, I laugh everytime they come up because they are such a disgrace. I'm just trying to find out what you consider to be fair or unfair. As you've said, anything can happen, so what if the Jets decide that Sanchez is their guy once he's healthy, and he comes back and puts up Pro Bowl numbers, it COULD happen by your logic. THAT is precisely why that logic is bad. Because Mark Sanchez SUCKS. And he would NEVER do that. But in reality, he COULD, right? But he won't. It's the same exact argument for Ben. End of discussion.

No this discussion moves on my friend. Mark Sanchez as of right now is a bench player. Trading any active player for a bench player that the other owner cannot even start is unfair and vetoable. Thats my line. Happy.. do you see it now?

No I'm just stating everyone who is saying Green is worth so much more then Ben can be proven wrong because Football has not started. Green could regress, The Qb for the Bengals could regress.

Things happen I am AGAINST a commish veto. Personally I would not veto this trade and I feel the league should make decisions not just one random guy who is the commish that also plays in your league.

Gabbert could throw for 5k yards this season, is he still worth the same as he was last year? Would it be unfair just because its Gabbert to say no thats a bad trade look at his past this other guy is so gonna out play him this year.

It comes down to being a bad trade but it was ACCEPTED by both teams no one held a gun to the others head and said do it now!

It sucks but move on trade goes through, league moves on you kick him and the one you think stole from him out next year. If this one bad trade ruins your league then the league was not worth much to begin with.

No I'm just stating everyone who is saying Green is worth so much more then Ben can be proven wrong because Football has not started. Green could regress, The Qb for the Bengals could regress.

Things happen I am AGAINST a commish veto. Personally I would not veto this trade and I feel the league should make decisions not just one random guy who is the commish that also plays in your league.

Gabbert could throw for 5k yards this season, is he still worth the same as he was last year? Would it be unfair just because its Gabbert to say no thats a bad trade look at his past this other guy is so gonna out play him this year.

It comes down to being a bad trade but it was ACCEPTED by both teams no one held a gun to the others head and said do it now!

You are a breath of fresh air in here man. This is exactly what Im saying. As long as were talking starters.. anything can happen. Obviously trading starters for bench players or backups is ridiculous.

No this discussion moves on my friend. Mark Sanchez as of right now is a bench player. Trading any active player for a bench player that the other owner cannot even start is unfair and vetoable. Thats my line. Happy.. do you see it now?

Then why did u say ponder was vetoable? You're conveniently avoiding this question.

You are a breath of fresh air in here man. This is exactly what Im saying. As long as were talking starters.. anything can happen. Obviously trading starters for bench players or backups is ridiculous.

And trading a 2nd rounder for a player that isn't drafted until the 11th or 12th round is ridiculous.

And trading a 2nd rounder for a player that isn't drafted until the 11th or 12th round is ridiculous.

So I guess if I traded my top WR for Cam in his rookie year when he was a late round flier... that woudlve been ridiculous too right? Because what round a player is drafted in means absolutely everything. Riiiiiight.

It sucks but move on trade goes through, league moves on you kick him and the one you think stole from him out next year. If this one bad trade ruins your league then the league was not worth much to begin with.

So I ask again, by your logic AP should be able to be traded for geno smith if both parties agree right? Bc geno could blow up and pass for 5k and AP could regress right? Stop it. That's silly talk

Also for the 100th time I said I'm against commish veto too

I traded LT in his prime for AP as a rookie was I crazy would you have vetoed that trade when AP came out as a rookie? The way this thread is going it sounds like YES.

Knowing what we know now in a dynasty league who got the better deal me or him? AP rushed 2k yards LT retired.