Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DB21

Vetoed Trade

My league has a commish veto (which I have no problem with), and he knows damn well that he better not ever veto a trade unless there is collusion.

My league has a commish veto (which I have no problem with), and he knows damn well that he better not ever veto a trade unless there is collusion.

yea I have no problem with commish vetoes either as long as its a commish with a ton of FFB experience. One of my biggest $ leagues is a commish veto and we have never had any problems like this. Last year I traded Spiller for Kaepernick the same game that Alex Smith got injured... Im 100% sure that trade wouldve gotten vetoed by this commish also. However in my league I heard not one peep of anybody calling the trade unfair at the time and thats how it should be unless its just totally lopsided and unfair to the point that there is no way both sides have a decent chance to win in the deal.

According to ESPN, Big Ben's ADP is 101. Green's is 15. This is a terrible trade. There lies some responsibility for the commissioner to keep the legitimacy of the league. Green is a top 15 fantasy player. Roethlisberger might not even be a top 15 QB. No way anyone can argue that trade was fair, or that getting Roethlisberger and giving up AJ Green makes your team better. Unless you're playing in a point per completion league with 6 pt TDs, this deal is awful. Even if it's not collusion, it's pure stupidity.

Your right... ESPN ranks are gospel. Their never wrong. Were not here arguing if the trade was fair. Were arguing if it was unfair enough to get vetoed.. which it isnt.

Unfair enough to get vetoed? Before these guys played one game in fantasy a 2nd round pick was traded for a 9th round pick. Im not using ESPN as anything but a tool to make my point. It was beyond not fair. Some people don't understand that a ridiculous trade changes the entire league, not just two teams.

According to ESPN, Big Ben's ADP is 101. Green's is 15. This is a terrible trade. There lies some responsibility for the commissioner to keep the legitimacy of the league. Green is a top 15 fantasy player. Roethlisberger might not even be a top 15 QB. No way anyone can argue that trade was fair, or that getting Roethlisberger and giving up AJ Green makes your team better. Unless you're playing in a point per completion league with 6 pt TDs, this deal is awful. Even if it's not collusion, it's pure stupidity.

Your right... ESPN ranks are gospel. Their never wrong. Were not here arguing if the trade was fair. Were arguing if it was unfair enough to get vetoed.. which it isnt.

Unfair enough to get vetoed? Before these guys played one game in fantasy a 2nd round pick was traded for a 9th round pick. Im not using ESPN as anything but a tool to make my point. It was beyond not fair. Some people don't understand that a ridiculous trade changes the entire league, not just two teams.

last year I traded Spiller a top 5 RB at the time for Kaepernick an undrafted WW pickup the very same week Alex Smith got hurt. How would the ranks or rounds that they were chosen in matter at all in this instance? Ranking and rounds players were picked mean absolutely nothing as far as how they will perform and it is foolish to use that as a tool to analyze a trade.

Commissioners shouldn't veto any trades unless it is VASTLY unfair, and its clear that those guys are just trying to stack one team. That trade isn't a great trade at all. However, its not terrible enough to veto.

last year I traded Spiller a top 5 RB at the time for Kaepernick an undrafted WW pickup the very same week Alex Smith got hurt. How would the ranks or rounds that they were chosen in matter at all in this instance? Ranking and rounds players were picked mean absolutely nothing as far as how they will perform and it is foolish to use that as a tool to analyze a trade.

So again, why did you say you would veto this trade if it was ponder or geno smith instead of Big Ben? How do you know what either of those qbs are going to do? What if they blow up?

Sure they can be sold for close to equal draft value. If your in a league that lets aj green go for big ben i feel sorry for you

The entire situation always needs to be taken into account. You have no idea what the players act like, how serious the league is and so forth. Any QB straight up for a #1 WR is insane. No player would attempt that outside of a FF noob or diehard fan that doesn't care about FF and should be vetoed in most circumstances. For those of you saying it's fair, you need to think about how a trade can affect the entire league.

This is why I think leagues should be player-vote.

I'm sorry but Big Ben is not worth AJ Green.....it's not like the team wanting Ben has had a QB injury and is desperate for a starting QB. The season just started!

Big Ben can be drafted in round 8-10. AJ is a solid 2nd round pick. That's not fair.

I'm usually all for letting trades go but I'd be pissed if this happened in my league.

Ponder? Geno? We're waiting...

Waiting for what? Let players build their team however they want. If they are that bad, ban them from your league the following season, or find another league with better players in it.

Ponder? Geno? We're waiting...

Waiting for what? Let players build their team however they want. If they are that bad, ban them from your league the following season, or find another league with better players in it.

Bc that bomber guy said he would veto the trade with ponder or geno, clearly contradicting his entire argument. We're waiting for an explanation

Looks like I'm a winner again :)

OP too embarrassed to answer my classic spoiler question in veto threads

Looks like we can safely presume he's playing against some random strangers over the Internet xD

You cannot prove collusion in such case so in those leagues you can do whatever you want!!!

You can create 2 accounts and own 2 teams in same league!! Those leagues are full of troll and smurf accounts.

You guyz need to watch the movie catfish badly

Sry every1 for spoiling the debate :(

Looks like I'm a winner again :)

OP too embarrassed to answer my classic spoiler question in veto threads

Looks like we can safely presume he's playing against some random strangers over the Internet xD

You cannot prove collusion in such case so in those leagues you can do whatever you want!!!

You can create 2 accounts and own 2 teams in same league!! Those leagues are full of troll and smurf accounts.

You guyz need to watch the movie catfish badly

Sry every1 for spoiling the debate :(

Wow, sorry to keep you waiting on your answer. I work at Lackland AFB. I don't work M-F 9-5. I actually work on the weekends. The computers at work do not allow this type of forum. So, sorry to hide from you. Anyways, the funny thing is that everyone is arguing that Roethlesburger could be a top 5 QB. OK, STOP THERE. No one here is even talking about Big Ben. As I have said earlier, the team trying to acquire AJ Green is a Cincy fan. He is giving up his backup QB to get AJ. His argument is that AJ Green is an average WR on an average team(his fav team). His argument isn't how good Ben will be. His argument is that AJ isn't that good. This is why it was a commish veto. Him taking advantage of weak owner. In over 20 years this is the first time that I have vetoed as a commissioner. If you want a Top 5 WR, fine. But trying to convince people that AJ Green is mediocre, so you can pick him up cheap. `Come On Man.

Wait db21 did you even read my post?

Your reply has nothing to do with my post...

See what I mean folks even when he REPLIED he even dodged my question

Tl;dr OP have you seen the movie catfish?

Wait db21 did you even read my post?

Your reply has nothing to do with my post...

See what I mean folks even when he REPLIED he even dodged my question

Tl;dr OP have you seen the movie catfish?

Come on. We are all military. We all work together. I live in a house. I have 2 dogs. Anything else??? Sorry I must go back to work in case you want to call somebody out. Enjoy your day. And yes I've seen Catfish, featuring Manti Te'o, (what an idiot)

I don't think I would ever play in a league that allows big ben to be traded for AJ green

my league has to vote on trades....it works out pretty well

yea I have no problem with commish vetoes either as long as its a commish with a ton of FFB experience. One of my biggest $ leagues is a commish veto and we have never had any problems like this. Last year I traded Spiller for Kaepernick the same game that Alex Smith got injured... Im 100% sure that trade wouldve gotten vetoed by this commish also. However in my league I heard not one peep of anybody calling the trade unfair at the time and thats how it should be unless its just totally lopsided and unfair to the point that there is no way both sides have a decent chance to win in the deal.

CJ Spiller wasn't anywhere near a top 5 rb by week 10 last year. He had 2 good weeks. He blew up after your trade. And if you played in dynasty leagues, you'd know Kaepernick was expected to be pretty good, he just needed the opportunity to play. So that's why he was from the WW in most redraft leagues. Rothlisberger has no where near the potential Kaep had last year.

I don't understand why people who are against vetoing the trade are in favor of the more extreme solution of kicking people out of the league instead of the simple solution of just vetoing the trade...you're basically saying "make a stupid trade and your gone"

Both players performed pretty similarly today. Oh wait no they didn't. Who could have saw that coming. Ya, this trade is totally fair...

Lol it's been now 2 pages since my post and still refusal by OP or any1 to answer the most simple important question

Classic veto thread

I already smell OP is playing against random strangers over the Internet and never watched catfish. It's almost certain at this point

Lol it's been now 2 pages since my post and still refusal by OP or any1 to answer the most simple important question

Classic veto thread

I already smell OP is playing against random strangers over the Internet and never watched catfish. It's almost certain at this point

Dude can you not read. You asked if we were playing over the internet or friends and ever watched catfish. I answered your question earlier do I need to s l o w down for you. Here was my last post to you when you called me out. And I quote, "Come on. We are all military. We all work together. I live in a house. I have 2 dogs. Anything else??? Sorry I must go back to work in case you want to call somebody out. Enjoy your day. And yes I've seen Catfish, featuring Manti Te'o, (what an idiot)." Where are you getting lost. We all work together. I know what you mean about the whole internet league. Been there, done that. Out.

So if it's a private league with close friends then why the hell on earth would you be asking a public forum for an answer instead of asking your friends directly? Shouldn't it be really easy to access the owners?

I'm sure all other 8 owners commented on the trade....it should easily have been settled by now

I'm so confused why a league with 10 people that know eachother well is seeking an opinion on a public forum

You think some random stranger on the Internet like me knows these owners more than you?

You freaking KNOW the owner who hooked up some1 with AJ green for Ben. you know the guy!!

Come on junkster, in the original post I said it was already vetoed. Read before you post. The owner who wanted AJ thought it was fair giving up a backup QB. I said in the original post, let me know what you think. He tried to convince everyone that AJ was mediocre. So we posted this to show him had foolish the trade was. Most people did agree. Others just wanted to argue about everything and want to know if somebody ever watched catfish. I must say your comments have been comical though. I must go, it's been fun. We've got work to do. You sleep well tonight my friend.