Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

machine3

Jerome Simpson 2013 Season Outlook

96 posts in this topic

7 catches for 140 yards is hard to ignore. Is he finally ready to put together a breakout season? Or is this just a tease?

Gah! Wish that I could tell you, but my time machine is in the shop today. He looked good out there this afternoon, and as far as the future goes, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

1 person likes this

ogletree reminds me of this performance. im assuming jennings and rudolph and patterson get more in involved next game.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, September 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Anyone think he's going to have a good game this week? Vincent Jackson hasn't been performing well (although still better than Simpson), and Patriots are up there on Defense, I'm considering benching him and putting Simpson up. Browns have decent pass coverage I hear, but their best man will likely be on Greg Jennings, meaning Simpson would see more passes his way. But then again, Ponder.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, September 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Anyone think he's going to have a good game this week? Vincent Jackson hasn't been performing well (although still better than Simpson), and Patriots are up there on Defense, I'm considering benching him and putting Simpson up. Browns have decent pass coverage I hear, but their best man will likely be on Greg Jennings, meaning Simpson would see more passes his way. But then again, Ponder.

Insanity. Never bench Vincent Jackson for Jerome Simpson.

"Despite Ponder's optimism, Cassel got more first teams reps on Wednesday than Ponder did. And obviously Cassel wouldn't have shared any news with Brady unless he thought he had a legitimate chance of starting on Sunday against the Steelers."

Any inside for this guy?

thinking about picke him up. is he or Jenning is Ponder's first read?

Looks like could be low end wr3 just based on target and yardage

Any inside for this guy?

thinking about picke him up. is he or Jenning is Ponder's first read?

Looks like could be low end wr3 just based on target and yardage

I'm a Vikings fan, if Ponder starts, don't even bother picking him up. Ponder isn't much of a QB lol, Jennings should be his first read, but Ponder just doesn't have the field view to notice it.

Like I said before, if Cassel starts, you need to have Simpson

Shh, I'm hoping to get this guy in a couple of leagues since he's on bye next week.

How is this guy flying so far under the radar? I know he has no TDs but 19 catches for 342 yards through 4 games? I don't even see him at all on the weekly WR ranks out there. I'm not saying he's a stud, but you still think a guy on pace for 76 catches and and 1370 yards would be talked about a little more?

Stashing him and hoping this is the year he breaks out. I don't think he will sustain that pace (76/1370) but I wouldnt be surprised to see 60 cacthes for 1000 yards and 4TD's. The guy has all the talent and athletic ability in the world, but never put it all together and hasn't stayed healthy for a full year. He's def worth a roster spot. Jerome Simpson is only owned in 14% of leagues, but is among the league leaders in yards and YPC.

How is this guy flying so far under the radar? I know he has no TDs but 19 catches for 342 yards through 4 games? I don't even see him at all on the weekly WR ranks out there. I'm not saying he's a stud, but you still think a guy on pace for 76 catches and and 1370 yards would be talked about a little more?

If the upgrade at QB stays, that pace is going to go up as the season goes on.

I can't tell who is the better WR to own between him and Jennings now that Cassel is QB.

According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities' Judd Zulgad, Christian Ponder has a fractured rib near his heart.

Zulgad suspects Ponder will wind up missing 3-4 games. He already missed Week 4, and the Vikings are on a Week 5 bye. So per Zulgad's projection, Ponder should be healthy by Week 8 or 9. This will be Matt Cassel's window to steal the starting job for good. Despite coach Leslie Frazier's public denials, multiple national reports have indicated Cassel is very much in the hunt to start for Minnesota the rest of the way, dependent upon short-term performance.

For everyone rushing to pick up Simpson because Cassel is the starter for the foreseeable future ...you do realize that Simpson put up his best line in week 1 with Ponder under center, right?

I am a purple-bleeding, diehard Vikings fan, and I will say this: Simpson is over whatever injury plagued him this year. He may put up some decent numbers, but I wouldn't expect many TDs with AP and Randolph on the team. I'd also temper my expectations in PPR leagues, as Simpson will never be a really high volume guy.

2 people like this

For everyone rushing to pick up Simpson because Cassel is the starter for the foreseeable future ...you do realize that Simpson put up his best line in week 1 with Ponder under center, right?

I am a purple-bleeding, diehard Vikings fan, and I will say this: Simpson is over whatever injury plagued him this year. He may put up some decent numbers, but I wouldn't expect many TDs with AP and Randolph on the team. I'd also temper my expectations in PPR leagues, as Simpson will never be a really high volume guy.

He's more likely to put up consistent numbers with Cassel at the helm. That's the difference between week 1 and week 4.

1 person likes this