Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NWS Alpine

Caleb Sturgis 2013 Season Outlook

21 posts in this topic

With Miami's ability to stall in the redzone and the leg of this rookie kicker I think he will be one to keep. Great first game splitting the uprights with ease.

He's not getting much attention but he kicked another 40+ FG and another 50+ FG today. He now already has three 40+ and two 50+ FG's on the season. And the Dolphins offense isn't that bad at all.

He's not getting much attention but he kicked another 40+ FG and another 50+ FG today. He now already has three 40+ and two 50+ FG's on the season. And the Dolphins offense isn't that bad at all.

Plus the defense is pretty good, keeping games close. Rather have this guy than Legatron, who becomes a nonfactor whenever they're getting blown out.

Rams offense can't sniff the other side of the 50 to get into Greg's range. I'm going to try and get Sturgis off waivers this week. He's the real deal. Every kick goes right down the middle.

He has a huge leg and pipes it down the middle every time. They tried to ice him and he knocked it down the middle twice form 50+ in week two. We need to find a nickname for him.

Caleb "The Club" Sturgis

This guy intrigues me, but his matchup next week against the Saints isn't that good by the numbers. The saints haven't allowed a lot of points to kickers, and if they pull out in front of Miami by a good margin it's not going to matter how good this kicker is. Then again who knows maybe he drops 4 FGs next week. Kickers are my kryptonite, it seems.

Picking a kicker is completely random. Legatron has a big leg, but if his team blows, then he's a 1 pointer. Sturgis offense stalls, he gets to kick a lot. But if Miami is humming, then all you get are TDs.

Anybody who claims to know that a team's offense will move the ball just enough to get into field goal range but then not far enough to score a TD is blowing smoke.

All we really do when picking and dropping kickers is chasing points. Pick a kicker on a good offense and hope for the best. Personally I wish I had drafted Prater... Always going to be points in a Peyton Manning offense.

1 person likes this

Picking a kicker is completely random. Legatron has a big leg, but if his team blows, then he's a 1 pointer. Sturgis offense stalls, he gets to kick a lot. But if Miami is humming, then all you get are TDs.

Anybody who claims to know that a team's offense will move the ball just enough to get into field goal range but then not far enough to score a TD is blowing smoke.

All we really do when picking and dropping kickers is chasing points. Pick a kicker on a good offense and hope for the best. Personally I wish I had drafted Prater... Always going to be points in a Peyton Manning offense.

I completely agree. The minute someone picks up the latest stud kickers, he'll put up 1 or 2 points. It's always best to go with a kicker on a good offense.

CaLEG Sturgis

Caleb-Sturgis.png

CaLEG > Legatron. Legatron proved his futility as he choked last half of last season. He doesn't have it in him. We must move on. CaLEG is the future.

2 people like this

I completely agree. The minute someone picks up the latest stud kickers, he'll put up 1 or 2 points. It's always best to go with a kicker on a good offense.

same here. I have mason Crosby in one league and Prater in another. Always the best bets for points every week.

Starting with confidence this week. Miami should get lots of possessions vs the Saints, and Tannehill has moved the ball well. All it takes is a couple hand offs to Miller to stall the drive.