Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VMCENTER

2013-2014 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers

205 posts in this topic

Iman Shumpert, Samuel Dalembert, Chase Budinger, Patrick Beverley

For deep leagues.....Jordan Hill, Brandon Rush

Roddy Beaubois

Huh? Does he even currently have a team? Maybe if he ends up in PHI

I was joking. That guy has reached cult status for me given all the hype he's garnered over these years despite playing and producing in sample sizes.

Tough to say who, but whomever starts in Boston (Sullinger / Bradley / etc. / even then it could be ugly for some)

Alec Burks

Beverley

Fournier if he starts.

Shumpert

Jenkins if he starts/plays over Lou Williams

Jeffrey Taylor if he can break into the rotation somewhere in Charlotte

Jeremy Lamb (or Reggie Jackson) - Def see one of these guys breaking out into that Martin/Harden role but tough to say whom. Gotta be ready to pull the trigger on either or just take a guess and hope it works out.

Ed Davis if he somehow finds minutes this year (barring injury thats tough to imagine sadly)(worth a flyer in deep leagues that you can stash in case randolph or kosta go down)

Evan Turner (not so much sleep but make or break - if the dude can find his shot, should be able to acquire cheap - everyone hates that guy, but beyond the percentages, produces rebounds/assists/1 3pt / 1 steal pg)

Think thats a good start... Season needs to start!! :)

1 person likes this

Thaddeus Young

O.J. Mayo

Wilson Chandler

Amir Johnson

Shawn Marion

Gerald Henderson

Markieff Morris

Spencer Hawes

Brandan Wright

Glen Davis (if he stays healthy)

Alec Burks

Jared Sullinger

Is Jimmy Butler considered a sleeper?

Lance Stephenson if Granger doesn't start the season 100%

My other sleepers have already been mentioned - R Jackson, P Beverly, A Burks, J Sullinger, Morris twins (yep, both of them).

Chris Kaman

Andrea Bargnani

Marcus Thornton

Javale McGee

Wilson Chandler

Robin Lopez

Thornton and bargs left me sour last year... I like Lopez though.

Derrick Williams. The former #2 pick behind Kyrie made had some nice games toward the end of last season. Entering his 3rd year in the league, I expect to see some more improvement in his game.

1 person likes this

Beno Udrih - should get kidd's minutes. always efficient and productive

Caron Butler - will be getting "big minutes" as starter as long as he's healthy

PJ Tucker - should be starting SF for PHX

Donatas Motiejunas - may be starting PF for HOU; we'll see how he plays alongside Dwight

Dorell Wright- should be productive in limited minutes with 1+1+1 potential in POR. nice handcuff with Batum's injury issues

Jason Smith/Greg Stiemsma - whichever guy starts at C for NO should be similar to RoLo last yr

2 people like this

Derrick Williams. The former #2 pick behind Kyrie made had some nice games toward the end of last season. Entering his 3rd year in the league, I expect to see some more improvement in his game.

Totally forgot about him. Classic NBA tweener but he is talented and MIN needs to find a way to get this guy on the court. Hopefully he's not the next Beasley. He'll cost you basically nothing in 2013 drafts. I'm willing to take a flier late.

Beno Udrih - should get kidd's minutes. always efficient and productive

Caron Butler - will be getting "big minutes" as starter as long as he's healthy

PJ Tucker - should be starting SF for PHX

Donatas Motiejunas - may be starting PF for HOU; we'll see how he plays alongside Dwight

Dorell Wright- should be productive in limited minutes with 1+1+1 potential in POR. nice handcuff with Batum's injury issues

Jason Smith/Greg Stiemsma - whichever guy starts at C for NO should be similar to RoLo last yr

Some nice sleeper suggestions here. I play in a couple auction leagues and I usually like to spend big on my starters, leaving $1 fliers for my bench. I can see guys like DWright, Beno, & PJ Tucker on my squads.

I like the situation that Butler is heading to but I'm afraid that he won't come close to producing like he has in the past. Both his per game & per 36 production has been trending in the wrong direction. His STL #'s have consistently gone down every season since 07-08.

http://rotomonster.com/Player/Details/2142?name=Caron_Butler

How about Channing Frye? What kind of production do you guys expect from him this year? Supposedly he's been cleared to play

Jeremy Lamb

Lamb put up some nice numbers in the D-League last year and looked great during the Summer League. I think he would've been a top 3 pick in the 2013 draft if he stayed at UConn for one more season.

Kevin Martin is no longer with OKC and DeAndre Liggins was waived so Lamb is now #2 on the OKC SG depth chart behind Sefolosha.

Lamb has great scoring instincts so I think he'll get more playing time if he can continue to improve his defense & motor. Should be going late in re-drafts and SG is scarce, so I think he should be a solid high upside value pick.

Jeremy Lamb

Lamb put up some nice numbers in the D-League last year and looked great during the Summer League. I think he would've been a top 3 pick in the 2013 draft if he stayed at UConn for one more season.

Kevin Martin is no longer with OKC and DeAndre Liggins was waived so Lamb is now #2 on the OKC SG depth chart behind Sefolosha.

Lamb has great scoring instincts so I think he'll get more playing time if he can continue to improve his defense & motor. Should be going late in re-drafts and SG is scarce, so I think he should be a solid high upside value pick.

He definitely has an opportunity and is worthy of a late rd flier but I think you are forgetting that OKC will most likely be using Reggie Jackson as their 1st G off the bench. He will play minutes at G alongside Westbrook. I consider him more the #2 SG but there's still time for this to shake out in Lamb's favor.

1 person likes this

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Can we define 'sleeper(s)' as player(s) likely picked outside of the top 100-120?

Marshon Brooks

John Henson

Earl Clark

Mike Dunleavy

Moe Harkless

Luis Scola

Vince Carter

Terrence Jones

Spencer Hawes

Alex Len

Thaddeus Young

O.J. Mayo

Wilson Chandler

Amir Johnson

Shawn Marion

Gerald Henderson

Markieff Morris

Spencer Hawes

Brandan Wright

Alec Burks

Jared Sullinger

Might as well throw Paul Pierce in there

Outside of top 100, some more additions:

Andrei Kirilenko

Nene

Marcus Thornton, if he ever gets into a good situation away from Sacramento

Andrew Bogut (obviously contingent on his health)

Evan Fournier

Amar'e Stoudemire (I know he's on a minutes cap, but still....he's just 2 seasons removed from elite status)

Al Harrington (20-25 minutes would be awesome)

Thaddeus Young

O.J. Mayo

Wilson Chandler

Amir Johnson

Shawn Marion

Gerald Henderson

Markieff Morris

Spencer Hawes

Brandan Wright

Alec Burks

Jared Sullinger

Might as well throw Paul Pierce in there

Outside of top 100, some more additions:

Andrei Kirilenko

Nene

Marcus Thornton, if he ever gets into a good situation away from Sacramento

Andrew Bogut (obviously contingent on his health)

Evan Fournier

Amar'e Stoudemire (I know he's on a minutes cap, but still....he's just 2 seasons removed from elite status)

Al Harrington (20-25 minutes would be awesome)

I don't think I would put PP in the sleeper category, he's more a major bust candidate relative to where he will be drafted. He was a fantasy stud but so was Vince Carter at one point in time.