Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.Funktopus

Leon Washington 2013 Season Outlook

69 posts in this topic

"Leon Washington is the potential "next man up" in the Patriots' passing back role."

"Shane Vereen (wrist) is out a few weeks. Unlike LeGarrette Blount and Brandon Bolden, Washington is at least capable of playing on third downs, contributing as a receiver in the passing game and doing some "joker" things. His role is going to expand as a complement to Stevan Ridley. Extreme deep leaguers can put Washington on their radar."

With Vereen out 2-3 weeks, what do you guys think on this production for the next few games? Any chance this guy takes up the moveable chess piece mantle of vereen. For those looking for Bye week replacements in week 4, this could become and interesting situations.

I understand if you are in a 10 team standard league this guy probably isn't even worth mentioning. But for those in the 5-7 deep bench leagues or the 12+ team leagues, there may be some real appeal here.

Thank you for the information, I am in a deep league (two deep leagues) I will be picking him up after reading this..

I think Leon Washington is worth a look in deep leagues. He has a career 4.7 yards a carry and he has under 500 career carries so for an 8 year guy he isn't your typical worn down back burned out from overuse. Anyone that has watched Leon play knows when he gets the ball in space he can be very dangerous, I always liked him on returns.

The Pats are missing Gronk, Dobson, Amendola, Vereen, and Sudfeld this week. . I can't see Blount or Boldon taking on the 3rd down role, and Ridley has never been viewed as a 3rd down guy. Leon should inherit the Vereen role, and with all those injuries might even be a sneaky play this week against one of his former teams.

Washington lost a fumble in New England's preseason finale, which is obviously something Belichick hates. On the other hand, he ranked second in the league in kickoff return average (29.0) last year, took a 98-yarder to the house, and made the Pro Bowl. That would indicate he still has some speed.

I'm thinking about this and can anyone come up with another guy on their roster to take the 3rd down back/joker role?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ridley, Blount and Bolden are all bruiser backs. Are any of them guys you trust in the passing game?

Of course the Patriots are creative so I can't say I can expect one thing or another.

Is he still in New England?

http://sports.yahoo....l/players/7866/

RB Leon Washington visited the Jets Wednesday.Fri, Sep 6 Sportsxchange

RB Leon Washington visisted the Giants Tuesday.Wed, Sep 4 Sportsxchange

RB/KR Leon Washington was released by the Patriots Sept. 1.

http://www.patriots....epth-chart.html

Yes they resigned him just a couple days ago.

Is he really going to be able to play the hurry-up offense and 3rd down back?

Unless bill bellichecks niece is on these forums to give us some inside information, we will probably have to wait and see. Worth a speculative add though, could be a ppr force during the bye weeks until vereen returns.

That said, it doesn't seem like there's much explosion left in this guy.

How much of my 100 FAAB $ should I use to bid on him with?

All of it bro

hahaha! LOL! :P I was thinking 7$ or 11$ at the most?

He definitely has big-play ability. You just never know what Billy Boy is going to do when he starts to mix and match parts. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Honestly there's little reason not to add this guy. The upside as being the Vereen replacement is too high to ignore. If it's a shallow league with small benches and waivers etc I can understand. But anyone in 12+ team leagues should be taking a flier. Worse comes to worst, you can drop him after Thursday's game if he's really a non-factor.

2 people like this