Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

front 2 back

Doug Baldwin 2013 Season Outlook

43 posts in this topic

I like this guy especially in PPR. The Seahawks don't have too many good receivers and this guy could be good with Wilson throwing him the rock.

Third year receiver. Offense coordinator was talking him up after Harvin went down. Certainly worth an add in 12+ ppr leagues.

I like his potential in deep PPR leagues. WIlson looked for him a lot under pressure in week 1.

Added him today in both PPR leagues. I like how all of this sounds.

Just to think, if he had 1 more reception for 9+ yards, he would have gone over 100, and if that catch was a TD, he would have been the hottest waiver add of the week (maybe after Edelman but you get the point).

When you think about it he is playing the Harvin role in a way, although he is not Harvin. You have to figure the Hawks want Harvin involved alot and have been preparing for a Harvin type player, with Baldwin they have a similar player so I think they will run plays like they have Harvin, so its a simple transition when he comes back. I like him ALOT this year in PPR until Harvin comes back (if he does) Of course this is me just speculating, but I think it makes sense. :ph34r: Tate and rice are more big play stretch the field guys.

I think he could be a good flex play this week against SF.. look what he did against them last year, also Cobb had a big PPR game against SF last week, again another similar player.

This WR core is starting to feel like a situation to avoid to be honest.

In a non-ppr yes I agree, in PPR though I think Baldwin will hold some value.

I like his game in real life but not his fantasy situation they run the ball too much. I hope he test free agency after his contract is up he has some potential.

Wilson spread the ball around a bit too much last year. With 3200+ yards and 250+ completions he still couldn't produce a 50+ receeption receiver, a receiver with 750 receiving yards, or a receiver with over 7 TDs. This could, however, all change this year. It's not inconceivable he throws between 3600 and 4000 yards. Baldwin was an emerging star his rookie season in SEA putting up an impressive 51 rec, 85 tgt, 788 yard line. I see no reason why he can't improve upon a line like that if given the targets.

Definitely grab him if he's a FA to hold and see how he does this week. If he unimpresses, then he's a guilt-free drop and you can use the spot on a new sleeper. But who knows, maybe he puts up another impressive line and you've got a nice flex play or sell-high candidate until Percy comes back.

Or his Week 1 stats could all be due to being stuck behind an injured Sidney Rice (Wilson's best/favorite target last year) and when he comes back at 100% we'll all forget about Baldwin. Either way, it doesn't matter. This isn't a guy who's going to cost you anything.

I think Wilson spreads it around a bit too much to have any real consistent production out of his receivers, that was the first time Wilson threw for 300+ yards in the regular season. I'm not betting on that being the norm once the run game gets back on track.

Not in my opinion. Harvin is coming back probably this week, plus Tate and beast mode eating up 25 touches a game, he would be the 4th option at best on a run heavy team.

I'd pick him up if desperate this week. Beyond this week - or however much longer it takes Percy to get back - he'll be useless like Rice usually was. He's the prototype "sneaky play" this week, with "sneaky" meaning either he goes catchless or he snags a deep TD.

He's more than serviceable until Percy finally plays. I'm plugging him in as a WR3. I expect Revis to shadow Golden Tate.

How accurate do you think Doug's projections are this week? Can't decide whether to play or play Michael Floyd v Houston.