Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

Joseph Fauria 2013 Season Outlook

66 posts in this topic

Related to Christian?

He looked alright. Would be a decent pickup should something happen to Pettigrew.

Christian's nephew I believe.

I was at the game, week 1, this guy was hilarious at the sidelines. I haven't read much about this guy, but he's a real character. He was getting the cameras attention and on the big screen and had the stadium laughing with some of his antics.

I've got a feeling this might be the last week to get in on the Fauria action for free before he goes off...

It might sound crazy, but it ain't no lie, baby bye bye bye.

I've got a feeling this might be the last week to get in on the Fauria action for free before he goes off...

How many middling TEs can one underproducing offense without Megatron have? I guess the answer is... one more.
1 person likes this

Tony Scheffler is out with a concussion. Coaching staff said this week that Fauria will see significantly more playing time.

If he goes off, there's no looking back.

Fauria is better than both Scheffler and Pettigrew.

Tony Scheffler is out with a concussion. Coaching staff said this week that Fauria will see significantly more playing time.

Name another team that has two starting TEs where both are fantasy relevant beyond a weak flex. Pettigrew sucks but is entrenched. I kind of see this like the Daniels/Graham setup now in Houston. Fauria would probably go off but only if Pettigrew went down.

Name another team that has two starting TEs where both are fantasy relevant beyond a weak flex. Pettigrew sucks but is entrenched. I kind of see this like the Daniels/Graham setup now in Houston. Fauria would probably go off but only if Pettigrew went down.

Pettigrew is in the final year of his contract, has not been resigned to an extension, and has been known more for his drops in Detroit than any amount of dominant success. That doesn't seem at all to me the definition of a player that is "entrenched".

Fauria is a 6'7" red zone target on a team that likes to pass the ball, on a team that will see frequent red zone opportunities, and on a team that has Megatron drawing double coverage.

Fauria's second TD, to me, proved that he has Stafford's trust. Stafford fired a pass in the red zone to Fauria in an impossibly tight window, sidearm, and Fauria came down with it.

Especially if you missed out on Cameron / Julius Thomas / Cook, this may be your last chance to pick up a TE1 for the second half of the season.

2 people like this

Especially if you missed out on Cameron / Julius Thomas / Cook, this may be your last chance to pick up a TE1 for the second half of the season.

Cook is why I'm here :mellow:

3 people like this

Good call.

1 person likes this

Good call.

I'll be sure to consult you for my week 7 sleepers. Nice

Kid is a huge redzone target. Lions do a good job of lining him up outside in the redzone. He had 2 easy mismatches against a smaller db. But I feel his value is based on how well Lions move the ball, and are in the redzone/smaller field.

His celebrations are f'n hilarious as well.

holy crap amazing call

You sir should have Matthew Berry's job. I ended up starting Fauria as a hail mary option since my TE situation is atrocious.

So...what to make of this? I have Cook as my only TE, and had to pick up Fauria after this game. It's not often that a FA scores 3 TDs in a game, but what value does he hold now?

Stafford doesn't have anyone to throw to other than megatron and bush, so he'll probably be an okay guy to have until (or if) Burleson gets back/Broyles gets hot.