Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bball961

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Come back in 2016 about this guy. He looks like a young T-Mac.

As in... PRIME T-Mac?! :o

If this guy continues to develop why not? He's only 19.

If you have a dynasty league or deep keeper squad Po/Greek Freak/Greece Lightning should be on your radar. If not, well he isn't going to be rostered this year at age 18/19

I've got a pretty stacked team in a deep keeper league. I'm stashing him on the end of the bench to see what happens. Looking forward to the rest of preseason to see if he can carry any momentum into the season.

I saw him play in a preseason game against the Wolves. He does look like he has a chance to be a great player. There did not seem to be much this guy could not do on the court. He got into foul trouble, but look great in the minutes he was given.

He can block, shoot, rebound and in Greece he used to play PG's as well at times.. will definitely be a fantasy stud in 2-3 years once he develops more

Pretty much the definition of upside here. Very young and raw who is probably still growing, dinner plates for hands, and can run like a deer. The learning curve is anyone's guess, but in keeper leagues he's straight candy.

Bucks are going for broke this year by throwing a LOT of youth out there....if they do better than expeted, they could be an average team (last year's Houston Rockets). The more likely scenario is they have an awful year, but learn how to play basketball and build off of their experiences into the off season and start gelling as a unit in 2014-2015 and actually be a top 8 team....If that doesn't work, at least they tried.

The past Bucks would have just settled for an 8th seed and first round elimination and/or just missing that last seed and ending up 9th or 10th and going home a week earlier.

As a long time Bucks fan, I FINALLY see a 2-3 year vision with young players that WANT to be in Milwaukee this year and the next couple years. More than they had last year and the several years before that. Milwaukee is taking steps to get out the mediocracy they have been lurking in for the past 5+ years and I applaud them for that.

Yeah the Bucks have some nice young pieces. Even better yet Skiles is gone, who isn't conducive to the direction you suggested above. That frontcourt could be real special inside of 3 years.

As a Bucks fan, I like Giannis's potential. With that being said, I don't see him playing much this year. I don't think he is physically ready and sadly I expect the Bucks to go all-out once again to get the 8th seed, which means Caron Butler and Carlos Delfino will get the minutes at SF and Mayo and Neal will get the minutes at SG. I expect this year will be about getting Giannis familiar with living the NBA life in the US, traveling with the team, practicing, and building his body up to handle being matched up with NBA SFs instead of Greek high schoolers. I could see him getting a few minutes at the end of blowouts now that Skiles is gone, but I don't anticipate him being a worthwhile fantasy option THIS year.

I think there is a real chance Giannis develops into a stud down the line. If that happens, he would be a very smart pickup in dynasty leagues right now. He appears to have a very fantasy-friendly skillset, as he theoretically could provide above average assists as a SF, solid rebounding and 3s, and very good BLKs and STLs due to his length. Unfortunately there is also a chance that he doesn't find his role in the NBA and never makes it, and ignoring this possibility is foolish.

As a Bucks fan, I like Giannis's potential. With that being said, I don't see him playing much this year. I don't think he is physically ready and sadly I expect the Bucks to go all-out once again to get the 8th seed, which means Caron Butler and Carlos Delfino will get the minutes at SF and Mayo and Neal will get the minutes at SG. I expect this year will be about getting Giannis familiar with living the NBA life in the US, traveling with the team, practicing, and building his body up to handle being matched up with NBA SFs instead of Greek high schoolers. I could see him getting a few minutes at the end of blowouts now that Skiles is gone, but I don't anticipate him being a worthwhile fantasy option THIS year.

I think there is a real chance Giannis develops into a stud down the line. If that happens, he would be a very smart pickup in dynasty leagues right now. He appears to have a very fantasy-friendly skillset, as he theoretically could provide above average assists as a SF, solid rebounding and 3s, and very good BLKs and STLs due to his length. Unfortunately there is also a chance that he doesn't find his role in the NBA and never makes it, and ignoring this possibility is foolish.

Good post but if there is a silver lining this isn't Scott Skiles' team anymore. The organization may have learned its lesson based on how they refused to play Tobias then traded him away for garbage. Butler and Delfino are not the answer obviously so therefore IF, and big IF they go to a youth movement Giannas could be fantasy relevant as soon as this season.

Maybe the team will feel compelled to play their young talent after they stupidly gave away Tobias Harris last year without seeing what he was made of first.

Good post but if there is a silver lining this isn't Scott Skiles' team anymore. The organization may have learned its lesson based on how they refused to play Tobias then traded him away for garbage. Butler and Delfino are not the answer obviously so therefore IF, and big IF they go to a youth movement Giannas could be fantasy relevant as soon as this season.

HAAA didn't realize you basically had the same point RE: Tobias Harris

So the consensus is that he's at best a stash for next year, not at all this year, correct?

So the consensus is that he's at best a stash for next year, not at all this year, correct?

I would not expect anything this year, and anything he does will be a bonus. He is a pure long term stash but a great one. Really he shouldn't have come over and stayed in Europe but I believe money was a motivating factor for him and his family so he wanted to sign a contract asap. I compare him to an even rawer/younger Moe Harkless who was a surprise contributor himself, and also the youngest player in the league at the time. The thing is Harkless did play well down the stretch so maybe Giannis might could possibly maybe I dunno put some stuff together like that. I wouldn't bet on it happening that quick though.

He definitely has potential. He could be a future Ersan Ilyasova type of player (but better shot blocker), maybe even better.

No fantasy value right now, and probably not the whole season unless he can get 30+ mins per game.

what the hell does a future elyasova type player mean? lol.

he's 5x more athletic then ersan, can run the floor infinitely better and is a far better dribbler than ersan.

his floor is kevin durant.

he's 5x more athletic then ersan, can run the floor infinitely better and is a far better dribbler than ersan.

Lol, you're dreaming. He's nowhere near a scoring machine like Durant. His per 36 mins projection lands him #243 (#161 if you punt his bad FT% performance). Damian Lillard as a rookie ranked #33 with 38.6 mins. And Kevin Durant had a better rookie season than Lillard.

The reason I compared him to Ersan because he has a similar capabilities as Ersan when he was rookie. They both are good rebounders and can drain 3's at high percentage. And if you check Ersan's rookie year performance, you can see just how similar it's looking out to be like for Antetokounmpo. Only problem for Anteto is his .533 FT%, which I'm expecting to go up from here as he's usually a above 70% free throw shooter in the preseason and in Greece.

Check his stats in FIBA: http://u20men.fibaeu...erID_99285.html

terry_gif.gif