Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

9.12.13 -- TNF -- New York Jets @ New England Patriots Game Thread

1,189 posts in this topic

3 years ago this game would have been great theater. Fat Rex vs Cheatin' Bill! Randy Moss vs Revis Island. Welker vs Bart Scott. LaDanian vs Cheapshot Harrison. Santonio vs his own huddle. Sanchezise vs Butts. But now? It's just sad. It's like a Cleveland vs Arizona game. Edelman? Thompkins? Dobson? Powell? Geno? Who are these guys? At least we still got Brady and the two fat guys on the sidelines!!! Still, sad.....

Inactives:

Patriots declared TE Zach Sudfeld, WR Danny Amendola, TE Rob Gronkowski, RB Brandon Bolden, G/T Will Svitek, LB Steve Beauharnais and DT Chris Jones inactive for Week 2 against the Jets.

Jets declared WR Jeremy Kerley, QB Mark Sanchez, QB Brady Quinn, OLB Quinton Coples, G/T Oday Aboushi, OL Ben Ijalana and OG William Campbell inactive for Week 2 against the Patriots.

So why did they delete the other game thread?

We had a bad incident for a primetime game a couple of years ago. Multiple threads were started and hours before the game, it turned into a flame war and terrible time for the Mods. We try and start a prime time thread about 30-60 minutes before game time now so that everyone is on the same page. If you have further questions, feel free to PM us.

We must be in the same league. Lol

It's also the one with Stephen Hill in it b/c he's about the only person that would start him at this point. Even his Mama is going with Golden Tate....

Brooklyn just got ROCKED with some nasty thunder and lightning storms. They lasted about half an hour. Not sure what direction they're moving but if they pass over the stadium i wouldn't be surprised if they had to pause the game.

Jets defense is better than most people think. I don't see anything coming easy for the Pats.

I hate TNF for fantasy. I was disappointed 90% of the time on TNF when I had someone starting.

Agreed. I usually try to avoid starting a player in a Thursday night game, unless they're one of my studs. Seems like the short week takes it's toll or something.

Excluding QBs and defenses, who do you guys predict will be the #1 fantasy player in tonight's game?

Anybody else starting Stephen Hill as their WR1 ?

He was getting pointers from Irvin in pregame. Guys going to have a monster game!

Excluding QBs and defenses, who do you guys predict will be the #1 fantasy player in tonight's game?

I'll go with Dobson.

E-D-E-L-M-A-N.

(it's gonna likely be Ridley)

PPR? Edelman

Non? Ridley

Edit: Still, Brady! 4TD's today!

Do you guys know how to silence the CoverItLive Twitter portion of the NFL.com feed?

It's annoying to hear the noises from that..