Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CIG

Kap or Eli?

PPR (.5 per catch) 12 Man

Kap had an amazing game 1 vs the Packers. Eli also had a great game besides his 3 turnovers (not all on him). Who is the QB to run with in week 2?

Colin Kaepernick (SF) vs SEA away

Eli Manning (NYG) vs DEN at home

Thanks and WHIR for sure!

I'm going to stick with Kaep in this one. He's just looking too good.

I know it's a brutal defense, and I read into matchups even more than most. But I think you have to stick with him again. Even in a low scoring game, those rushing yards should make up for it.

Help me out? Thanks. http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=369181

Kaep is looking good but the Seattle secondary is the best of the best whereas Broncos is porous enough that Flacco did all right.

Thanks for the replies so far! WHIR as always.

I understand your indecisiveness. I normally wouldn't bench Kaep. But since its against and in Seattle, inside the division game which means they know each other well, history will dictate it will be a defensive game.

With that being said, I probably wouldn't bench Kaep unless he gives me a reason to. Although Eli against Payton presents itself to be a shootout, Eli isn't a consistent, reliable fantasy player. Denver's secondary with a less than 100% Champ Bailey can still pose problems.

Sorry I couldn't give you a clear answer. Very tough decision. I'm slightly leaning towards staying with Kaep but I wouldn't blame ya for liking Eli's matchup better.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, it's a tough one. It just seems more likely for Eli to score a lot of points with all his weapons healthy and the running situation unclear versus niners who are more effective running against Seattle than in the air, plus history showing they don't score a lot in Seattle.

That's what I'm leaning towards... but hard to drop Kap based on his last game, his revenge mindset, Niners being healthy, and being a Niners fan.

Anyone expect more than 200-250 yards and 1 TD from Kap?

Expecting? Not really. Is it possible? Yeah, I think so. At least TD wise. Yards wise, probably not much more, that would be a little surprising to me. I never thought I'd say this but I think I'd go with Eli just because I think his ceiling is higher and he's got weapons to throw to. If Flacco could do it, why not Eli?

The fact that you're asking this questions makes me feel silly for considering RG3 over Eli this week, since RG3 is no Kaepernick and he's coming back from an injury.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=369281

Anyone expect more than 200-250 yards and 1 TD from Kap?

The fact that you're asking this questions makes me feel silly for considering RG3 over Eli this week, since RG3 is no Kaepernick and he's coming back from an injury.

Thanks for the reply! RG3 or Eli is different from Kap or Eli as it's about the match ups, among other variables. Eli is in the discussion mainly because Kap is playing Seattle, one of the best defenses. History has also shown Seattle at home being a tough team to score on.

I'm thinking Wilson will rebound and give the Giants some kind of running game. Also, Champ Bailey is out for Sunday. Leaning towards Eli.

So far it's been pretty evenly split from the input I've been receiving. I'm thinking with Justin Smith healthy and some key members of Seattle's defense out, 49ers have the edge here. The're also in revenge mode.

That doesn't mean Kap will score more points than Eli though in week 2...

After Kap's game vs green bay, how the hell are you gonna bench him?

I think you should go Kap as well

That's what makes the decision so difficult. Besides the individual player, it's all about the match up.

I have the exact same decision. My opponent is also starting Peyton AND has Vernon Davis.

I'm still slightly leaning towards Kaepernick - he's almost automatic until proven otherwise.