Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alleyce

Donald Brown 2013 Season Outlook

138 posts in this topic

News that Ballard is done for the season vaults Bradshaw to the lead back role. Brown will take backup duties now.

Brown makes for an interesting stash now in deep leagues. He moves to number 2 on the depth chart behind an injury prone running back playing on turf.

News that Ballard is done for the season vaults Bradshaw to the lead back role. Brown will take backup duties now.

Brown makes for an interesting stash now in deep leagues. He moves to number 2 on the depth chart behind an injury prone running back playing on turf.

Still sitting on my wire which is strange since I am in a very competitive league full of hardcore FF addicts and twitter watchers. Must be something so negative about this guy it's not worth dropping a 12 round draft pick.

Ugh I hate this guy. Isn't there someone else on the roster to take a flier on, anyone? Maybe like Benny Cunningham's cousin or something?

2 people like this

Ugh I hate this guy. Isn't there someone else on the roster to take a flier on, anyone? Maybe like Benny Cunningham's cousin or something?

Kerwynn Williams was brought up off the PS. He'll most likely be active on Sunday. Who knows if he sticks.....

That's Kerwynn.....not Sherwin.....

Sherwin_Williams-logoWHT.gif

1 person likes this

Brown will likely become No. 2 on Indy's depth chart at running back with ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting Vick Ballard is out for the season with a knee injury.

Spin: Ahmad Bradshaw should start and get the bulk of work at running back. Brown may merit a pick up in deeper leagues given he's likely to get several touches per game as Bradshaw's backup and he could get a larger workload given Bradshaw's chronically-injured feet. However, the Colts are not sold on Brown's ability and it's possible Kerwynn Williams, who was activatd from the practice squad, or another veteran the team could sign may be in the backup mix.

Donald Brown is the epitome of garbage. He's had so many opportunities to seize this backfield for himself as a first-round draft pick. I mean, he was beaten out of his starting job last year by a rookie mediocre talent if that tells you anything. It's best to not handcuff Bradshaw at all. The Colts are simply screwed if he does down...and any virtual pigskin GM depending on Donald Brown for anything is also screwed.

This is what Rotoworld said at the end of preseason:

Brown has quietly outplayed Vick Ballard in August, rushing 14 times for 66 yards (4.71 YPC), to go with four catches for 39 yards. With Ahmad Bradshaw (feet) due back soon, Brown looks to have wrapped up Indy's No. 3 tailback job and could begin pushing Ballard to be No. 2.

If Indy liked Brown like that he would have been on the field last week.

He's been on that team long enough for one preason not to matter that much...no matter how good he did.

Brown has quietly outplayed Vick Ballard in August, rushing 14 times for 66 yards (4.71 YPC), to go with four catches for 39 yards. With Ahmad Bradshaw (feet) due back soon, Brown looks to have wrapped up Indy's No. 3 tailback job and could begin pushing Ballard to be No. 2.

But when did Brown play? Against 3rd stringers? (I didn't watch preseason)

Prime example of love/hate on blurbs. I only use analysis from the forums. I think Williams will be more productive going forward. We've all seen what Brown CAN'T do for you.

"In August"

Indy's RBs only had 6 rushing TDs in 2012. Andrew Luck had 5. They're obviously running more this year, but ... OUCH!

Brown is trash. Somebody make a thread on that practice squad guy...

Maybe they could sign McGahee or beanie wells?

He is what he is. I don't think that he is a bad as some folks are making him out to be. He has decent speed and good hands. He is a capable backup who can fill in for a game or two, if a starter goes down. However, he is not the type of back who can handle 15 to 20 touches per game on a consistent basis.

The same with his blocking. I am not sure he is as bad now as the video demonstrates. He has two factors working against him...he was a Polian pick (Grigson not high on Polian guys) and he can't stay healthy.

I would only consider picking him up in really deep leagues (16+ teams or really large rosters).

2 people like this

Had him for a few weeks last year and he was a mediocre bye week fill in RB.

I think this accurately sums it up!

He is what he is. I don't think that he is a bad as some folks are making him out to be. He has decent speed and good hands. He is a capable backup who can fill in for a game or two, if a starter goes down. However, he is not the type of back who can handle 15 to 20 touches per game on a consistent basis.

The same with his blocking. I am not sure he is as bad now as the video demonstrates. He has two factors working against him...he was a Polian pick (Grigson not high on Polian guys) and he can't stay healthy.

I would only consider picking him up in really deep leagues (16+ teams or really large rosters).

I tend to agree with this. He's not nearly as bad as folks are making him out to be but he's definitely a guy that shouldn't have been a 1st round pick. While the skill sets are slightly different (Brown is probably a bit better receiver, Ballard a better blocker), they're comparable talents. Neither one is that much better than the other. One was a bit more dependable though. I have reservations that Bradshaw can handle a full load or can sustain it more than few games so I'll be interested to see what the Colts do with this positional group. I wouldn't be shocked to see them comb the veteran FA line and see who's in shape. Regardless, Bradshaw definitely gets a bump in value in the S-T, but the Colts aren't a very good rushing team anyway......

Dang, I saw this guy hit the wire today, and I got excited like maybe this guy didn't know about the Ballard injury. I mean I'm only in a 12 person league but RNs are ALWAYS picked up.... I have freaking brandon bolden!! hahaa, but damn, I would replace bolden with brown, but since the Pats played last night, I can't dump him yet, and I can't see anybody else on my roster I'd drop for Brown, but I think this could be a great WW pickup !!!!

I just lost Ballard and I've got absolutely nothing left in the wire for my 16 team keeper league. So I will take what I can. Beggers can't be Choosers.

Apparently RW is saying that we should hold off on picking him up lol , so someone else picks him up ..

"Could have a role with Ballard injured but probably not a guy to put in your lineup yet."

I just lost Ballard and I've got absolutely nothing left in the wire for my 16 team keeper league. So I will take what I can. Beggers can't be Choosers.

Brandon Bolden...Da'Rel Scott...just gotta get creative. But Donald Brown...naa.

1 person likes this