Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JordanGski

Dez Bryant dropped in my league, all hell breaks loose...

A commisioner should not be in charge of making sure owners make the RIGHT decision, only that they don't cheat.

A commissioner is in charge of the health of the league. Stopping cheating is only part of that duty. In a family league like this, with owners who are probably low on the learning curve and as likely to go absentee on this "fake football thing" as to become invovled enough to discover the fun, a commissioner's job is extra important.

No one cheated, people were just stupid, and those people get punished for their stupidity. Plain and simple.

And what about teams 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in the waivers? They get "punished" as well?

Any league without a cant cut list is a joke.. plain and simple really. No further analysis needed.

Why should I be forced to keep a player on my team, at any point? That's why I don't agree with it... Plus the way my league's waivers are set-up revolve around this viewpoint. Quit calling my league a joke when you know nearly nothing about it. My league has been running successfully for 10 years, this is the 11th

Any league without a cant cut list is a joke.. plain and simple really. No further analysis needed.

Why should I be forced to keep a player on my team, at any point? That's why I don't agree with it... Plus the way my league's waivers are set-up revolve around this viewpoint. Quit calling my league a joke when you know nearly nothing about it. My league has been running successfully for 10 years, this is the 11th

U know why a cant cut list is necessary?... THIS! To stop collusion! As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically? Im all ears.. Certain players should not allowed to be dropped plain and simple. And what kind of a league with no cant-cut list does Dez Bryant get dropped and nobody with a top 3 waiver puts in a claim for him?... ill give you one guess what kind of a league... it rhymes with POKE!

As a league, we came to an agreement to let things stand as they are. BallinOnnaBudget said it best for me. The league I play in is a family league. 10 teams. Dez Bryant was dropped for Julian Edelman. Also, the #2 and #3 teams did not put in for Bryant because they thought #1 team would pick him up for sure. Me (#4) and another owner (#5) as well as another team (#6) all admitted to putting in a claim, even though they were sure #1 would put in for him. You just never know what could happen. Was I just supposed to accept my fate and not prepare for a foolish mistake? Once this happened, I'm supposed to be penalized for the mistake that #1 team made? That doesn't sound fair. It's still a very competitive league, with money on the line.

While I do feel guilty and like I don't deserve Dez Bryant at all, if it weren't me getting him, it would've been team #5. Or #6. And I'm sure they wouldn't just secede to #1 because he caused a fuss. The team that dropped Dez admitted her mistake today but said she accepts the mistake she made, she understands she screwed up. Any more questions?

that's why girls aren't allowed in my leagues.

any league where someone drops Dez Bryant if automatically a league I woul not enjoy playing in.

:lol:

At my old work league this year, (that I no longer am involved with because I left the company), I'm told that a girl drafted Eddie Lacy and Josh Gordon. (Autodrafted?)

She dropped them the day after the draft. :lol:

A commisioner should not be in charge of making sure owners make the RIGHT decision, only that they don't cheat.

A commissioner is in charge of the health of the league. Stopping cheating is only part of that duty. In a family league like this, with owners who are probably low on the learning curve and as likely to go absentee on this "fake football thing" as to become invovled enough to discover the fun, a commissioner's job is extra important.

No one cheated, people were just stupid, and those people get punished for their stupidity. Plain and simple.

And what about teams 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in the waivers? They get "punished" as well?

A commisioner isn't a teacher. Even in a family league... it's not fair to have one person making the decisions for everyone in the league becuase they're more "experienced." You can't tell other people what to do even if they are new. By your argument, it would be fair for this commisioner to design trades for the rest of the league so that he can help to "balance teams that dont' get it."

And what about teams 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 on the Waivers? I don't understand taht argument at all. The first person to make a claim gets the player. If you dont' like that, you should only play FAAB, and then leave it alone. That sounds like your arguing that it's not "fair" that I got Marlon Brown and my friend didn't cause I had Waiver #2 and he had Waiver #4. First waiver claim gets the player.

OP Here. I just brought it up to the league how they feel about me putting Dez Bryant back on the original owners team. I'm leaving it up to the league. We already agreed upon leaving things as they are. Mistakes are mistakes. But I brought up this option, we will see what they say.

Thanks for being so quick to judge my horrible, collusion filled league. This is a crazy situation that likely hasn't happened to many people before, so I came here looking for advice. Not judgements. Thanks

You're the freaking COMMISSIONER and Dez is on YOUR TEAM. You don't need to take a vote on doing the right thing. And "lets just leave things how they are, mistakes are mistakes", aka: "the commissioner gets an extra 2nd round pick off of waivers in week 2" NEVER should have been an option.

Though as someone who runs a league like yours, I'm guessing "I don't care, just leave it, I never really cared that much about the league to begin with, and I'm sick of this whole thing and just want it to be over" is the general feeling right now, so congrats on your victory over the other owners, commish!

OP Here. I just brought it up to the league how they feel about me putting Dez Bryant back on the original owners team. I'm leaving it up to the league. We already agreed upon leaving things as they are. Mistakes are mistakes. But I brought up this option, we will see what they say.

Thanks for being so quick to judge my horrible, collusion filled league. This is a crazy situation that likely hasn't happened to many people before, so I came here looking for advice. Not judgements. Thanks

You're the freaking COMMISSIONER and Dez is on YOUR TEAM. You don't need to take a vote on doing the right thing. And "lets just leave things how they are, mistakes are mistakes", aka: "the commissioner gets an extra 2nd round pick off of waivers in week 2" NEVER should have been an option.

Though as someone who runs a league like yours, I'm guessing "I don't care, just leave it, I never really cared that much about the league to begin with, and I'm sick of this whole thing and just want it to be over" is the general feeling right now, so congrats on your victory over the other owners, commish!

dude what are you babbling about? The guy got cut.the other owner either didn't put in a claim or cancelled it.its not his fault the #2 and #3 waiver spots didn't claim him.really don't see the problem.

Most of your are overreacting. As a league, we also agreed to switch to FAAB next year. Everybody has already cooled down and accepted this. Something similar happened 2 years ago, where an unexperienced owner dropped MJD and I got him. I was #1 waivers. Nobody made a huge deal over that, they were shocked the person dropped MJD though.

A commisioner isn't a teacher. Even in a family league... it's not fair to have one person making the decisions for everyone in the league becuase they're more "experienced." You can't tell other people what to do even if they are new. By your argument, it would be fair for this commisioner to design trades for the rest of the league so that he can help to "balance teams that dont' get it."

And what about teams 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 on the Waivers? I don't understand taht argument at all. The first person to make a claim gets the player. If you dont' like that, you should only play FAAB, and then leave it alone. That sounds like your arguing that it's not "fair" that I got Marlon Brown and my friend didn't cause I had Waiver #2 and he had Waiver #4. First waiver claim gets the player.

This guy gets it. As commish, I'm not here to baby everyone and play God. I'm not supposed to babysit everyone and make sure their team is doing okay..

1. Just return dez to original team and voila, little to no more issues.

2. Keep dez on your (the commisioner's) team. Get a great player, but most likely compromise the integrity of your league and possibly ruining some relationships.

I wouldn't find much joy in option #2 but to each their own. Thank goodness my commissioner prevents stuff like this from getting that far.

Ill post this again since nobody seems to realize why or want to respond to why a can-cut list is necessary and any league without on is a complete joke. As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically? Im not saying what happened in your league was collusion... its a joke but it might not have been collusion. However a can cut list is necessary in all leagues.

2. Keep dez on your (the commisioner's) team. Get a great player, but most likely compromise the integrity of your league and possibly ruining some relationships.

I wouldn't find much joy in option #2 but to each their own. Thank goodness my commissioner prevents stuff like this from getting thanks far.

thats bull**** IMO to put Dez back on the original team.he was cut.now she gets Dez back because some other owner forgot to put his claim in and now wants correct his stupid mistake by making a fuss and lying that he had his claim in.

Ill post this again since nobody seems to realize why or want to respond to why a can-cut list is necessary and any league without on is a complete joke. As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically?

im not responding because I agree they should have a cant cut list but they don't and everyone else in the league seems fine with it.

I wouldn't find much joy in option #2 but to each their own. Thank goodness my commissioner prevents stuff like this from getting thanks far.

thats bull**** IMO to put Dez back on the original team.he was cut.now she gets Dez back because some other owner forgot to put his claim in and now wants correct his stupid mistake by making a fuss and lying that he had his claim in.

i agree its stupid to put Dez back on the original team now... that makes zero sense. What makes sense is having a can cut list to prevent this stupidity. Now that its happend nothing can be done other than continue your joke of a league.

I think you should put Dez back on the original team and remove that owner from your league. Unless there is a good reason that she dropped Dez.

Ill post this again since nobody seems to realize why or want to respond to why a can-cut list is necessary and any league without on is a complete joke. As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically? Im not saying what happened in your league was collusion... its a joke but it might not have been collusion. However a can cut list is necessary in all leagues.

Why the HELL would someone want another team to win? Especially with money riding on it?

ALSO, HOW IN THE HELL is it a joke to not have a can't cut list if Yahoo offers it as an option? If it's 100% necessary, why is it an option to have it on/off? If it's an option, and you find it such a joke, then I guess millions of people are just complete idiots because they don't hold the same opinion as you.

Here's a scenario. Two years ago, I drafted Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley, hoping one of the two would break out as expected. Week one, Finley only had like 50 yards. Graham had 50 yards and a touchdown. I watched the whole game. As I watched, it didn't seem like Graham was targeted a lot, and he didn't score til near the end of the game. Finley seemed targeted more to me, and I trusted the hype more so on Finley. So I dropped Jimmy Graham. Was it a dumb move? Absolutely. But I had a hunch. Can't blame me for having a hunch. I came out wrong.

The owner who dropped Dez Bryant could've had the same exact idea. Not that I agree with dropping Dez for Edelman, but if you look at Edelman's two games, he's been targeted A TON. By the best QB ever. He already has 19 receptions and 2 TD's. She could have a hunch that he will continue to be heavily targeted and have a huge season.

Now, as for the waiver claim scenario, in no way is it MY fault that he failed to put a waiver claim in for Dez. Same for #2 and #3. I did NOT force them to not put in a claim. If they goofed up and didn't make ABSOLUTELY SURE that they would get Dez, that does NOT fall on me. NOT my responsibility to watch over their team. He fell to me in a great deal of luck and a mistake by other owners. Look at what happened with Elvis Dumervil this year... That was so much more ridiculous than you guys are making THIS situation out to be.

Quit calling my league a joke when you know nearly nothing about it. My league has been running successfully for 10 years, this is the 11th

We know plenty enough about your league from your posts: it's one where top tier players are dropped in week 2, make it to the commissioner who is fourth on waivers, who then, despite knowing that getting an extra top tier player for free is a massive and undeserved advantage and feeling guilty about it, manages to rationalize the situation and convince his league to "just leave things how they are, mistakes are mistakes".

Why should I be forced to keep a player on my team, at any point? That's why I don't agree with it... Plus the way my league's waivers are set-up revolve around this viewpoint.

Then man up, force a trade, and offer her something better than your bottom of the barrel player for her proven 2nd round pick.

(And please tell us more about your special secret-sauce waiver system that's set up to handle top tier players being added for peanuts. Who did you drop for Dez anyway?)

Was Dez the only player she could have dropped to add Edelman? I doubt it. This is an amateur mistake because Dez is a consensus top 3 wideout. No owner in any standard active competitive league would drop Dez in week 2.

Why the HELL would someone want another team to win? Especially with money riding on it?

ALSO, HOW IN THE HELL is it a joke to not have a can't cut list if Yahoo offers it as an option? If it's 100% necessary, why is it an option to have it on/off? If it's an option, and you find it such a joke, then I guess millions of people are just complete idiots because they don't hold the same opinion as you.

wow. you my friend make zero sense and it bothers me that their are commish's out there that are so incompetent. Do you know what collusion is? Why would another owner want another team to win? Are you that clueless? All it takes is one owner to believe they are out of the race and call up another owner and say hey Ill drop my star if you have the number one waiver and we can split the money at the end of the year.. is that really so difficult of a scenario for you to come up with by yourself as a league commish whos been doing it for 11 years as you say? This should have been thought of already. Your thought process as a commishioner and your league are both a joke. GL running a bogus league. Your a bogus commish so it works out perfectly actually.

wow. you my friend make zero sense and it bothers me that their are commish's out there that are so incompetent. Do you know what collusion is? Why would another owner want another team to win? Are you that clueless? All it takes is one owner to believe they are out of the race and call up another owner and say hey Ill drop my star if you have the number one waiver and we can split the money at the end of the year.. is that really so difficult of a scenario for you to come up with by yourself as a league commish whos been doing it for 11 years as you say? This should have been thought of already. Your thought process as a commishioner and your league are both a joke. GL running a bogus league. Your a bogus commish so it works out perfectly actually.

LOL. Out of the race after week 1? These people wouldn't be into splitting the winnings half way. And even if so, my sister who dropped Dez isn't crafty enough to come up with that plan. Just F off already

LOL. Out of the race after week 1? These people wouldn't be into splitting the winnings half way. And even if so, my sister who dropped Dez isn't crafty enough to come up with that plan. Just F off already

Your really something else. I didnt say it was collusion you dunce. Im telling you why you need a cant cut list which provents this stupidity. You come in here ask a question then get peoples opinions and tell them to F off. Way to go your a real winner. Not my fault your leagues a joke man. If your league wasnt a joke I wouldnt say it was. Im not making things up. Collusion can happen in week1 or week 6 or week 12.. how the hell do you know when its happening to spot it? Thats the point of a cant cut list.. to prevent it from ever happening. Dont get mad at me because I just picked apart the whole validity of your league and you have no reasonable response other than "well my sister isnt that smart and its only week 1". Your league is flawed as is your reasoning as commish.

u maaaaaaad!!!! Hahahaa. Your leagues a joke bro deal with it.

Honestly all that matters is we're having fun.. People already got over this fiasco. The owner who dropped him and the #1 waiver guy are already joining in on teasing themselves. I am ready to just deal Dez away for cheap though to get this monkey off my back

Honestly all that matters is we're having fun.. People already got over this fiasco. The owner who dropped him and the #1 waiver guy are already joining in on teasing themselves. I am ready to just deal Dez away for cheap though to get this monkey off my back

Wrong!.. in a $ league all that matters is that the rules are fair so people dont waste their money and get taken.

lol bro that might open a whole other can of worms if you trade him too cheap.i can see it now...another owner bitching because you sold Dez cheap to another owner and not them.