Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JordanGski

Dez Bryant dropped in my league, all hell breaks loose...

Ill post this again since nobody seems to realize why or want to respond to why a can-cut list is necessary and any league without on is a complete joke. As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically? Im not saying what happened in your league was collusion... its a joke but it might not have been collusion. However a can cut list is necessary in all leagues.

Why the HELL would someone want another team to win? Especially with money riding on it?

ALSO, HOW IN THE HELL is it a joke to not have a can't cut list if Yahoo offers it as an option? If it's 100% necessary, why is it an option to have it on/off? If it's an option, and you find it such a joke, then I guess millions of people are just complete idiots because they don't hold the same opinion as you.

wow. you my friend make zero sense and it bothers me that their are commish's out there that are so incompetent. Do you know what collusion is? Why would another owner want another team to win? Are you that clueless? All it takes is one owner to believe they are out of the race and call up another owner and say hey Ill drop my star if you have the number one waiver and we can split the money at the end of the year.. is that really so difficult of a scenario for you to come up with by yourself as a league commish whos been doing it for 11 years as you say? This should have been thought of already. Your thought process as a commishioner and your league are both a joke. GL running a bogus league. Your a bogus commish so it works out perfectly actually.

LOL. Out of the race after week 1? These people wouldn't be into splitting the winnings half way. And even if so, my sister who dropped Dez isn't crafty enough to come up with that plan. Just F off already

u maaaaaaad!!!! Hahahaa. Your leagues a joke bro deal with it.

Honestly all that matters is we're having fun.. People already got over this fiasco. The owner who dropped him and the #1 waiver guy are already joining in on teasing themselves. I am ready to just deal Dez away for cheap though to get this monkey off my back

lol bro that might open a whole other can of worms if you trade him too cheap.i can see it now...another owner bitching because you sold Dez cheap to another owner and not them.

Come on.. your telling me this isnt a joke of a league with this guy as commish?

Ill post this again since nobody seems to realize why or want to respond to why a can-cut list is necessary and any league without on is a complete joke. As commish how would you know the difference if somebody is dropping a player like Dez because they dont want them and want to pickup another player they like more or simply dropping them so the player with the first waiver in the league can scoop them automatically? Im not saying what happened in your league was collusion... its a joke but it might not have been collusion. However a can cut list is necessary in all leagues.

Why the HELL would someone want another team to win? Especially with money riding on it?

ALSO, HOW IN THE HELL is it a joke to not have a can't cut list if Yahoo offers it as an option? If it's 100% necessary, why is it an option to have it on/off? If it's an option, and you find it such a joke, then I guess millions of people are just complete idiots because they don't hold the same opinion as you.

wow. you my friend make zero sense and it bothers me that their are commish's out there that are so incompetent. Do you know what collusion is? Why would another owner want another team to win? Are you that clueless? All it takes is one owner to believe they are out of the race and call up another owner and say hey Ill drop my star if you have the number one waiver and we can split the money at the end of the year.. is that really so difficult of a scenario for you to come up with by yourself as a league commish whos been doing it for 11 years as you say? This should have been thought of already. Your thought process as a commishioner and your league are both a joke. GL running a bogus league. Your a bogus commish so it works out perfectly actually.

LOL. Out of the race after week 1? These people wouldn't be into splitting the winnings half way. And even if so, my sister who dropped Dez isn't crafty enough to come up with that plan. Just F off already

Honestly all that matters is we're having fun.. People already got over this fiasco. The owner who dropped him and the #1 waiver guy are already joining in on teasing themselves. I am ready to just deal Dez away for cheap though to get this monkey off my back

lol bro that might open a whole other can of worms if you trade him too cheap.i can see it now...another owner bitching because you sold Dez cheap to another owner and not them.

Come on.. your telling me this isnt a joke of a league with this guy as commish?

EVERYONE has heard your opinion that my league is a joke. Can you drop your personal vendetta on my league here and go elsewhere?

i was trying to give benefit of the doubt up until the whole "why the hell would one team help another team win"

EVERYONE has heard your opinion that my league is a joke. Can you drop your personal vendetta on my league here and go elsewhere?

Nope Im here to expose it. I think your coming around too now. Other Commish's need to read this thread and learn from your mistakes. Dont worry Ill show you the way young grasshopper.

But seems like this issue is resolved for now do whatever it's not my league.lol

But seems like this issue is resolved for now do whatever it's not my league.lol

Yup, despite everyone agreeing this was a mistake and bad for the league, the commish "resolved" it by holding on to the top 3 WR until everyone was so worn down and sick of the sitatuation that they didn't care enough to continue, including the #1 priority owner who directly contacted him both before and immediately after waivers went through.

But it's all good, cause in a 10 team league he once dropped a mediocre TE who later became great, which is totally the same thing. Oh and he's "ready to just deal Dez away for cheap though to get this monkey off my back", though certainly not as cheap as for the player he dropped to get him, who is of so little value that even he can't rationalize it, and it would look really bad and put how screwed up this is into full perspective... amirite? ;)

And this league isn't a joke, there are plenty of leagues like this and they can be as fun as FF gets. But to keep things fair, a league like this requires a strong, creative, unselfish commissioner. If you want to be that type of commissioner instead of the "joke", you should force your sister to trade Dez for the best offer.

Nope Im here to expose it. I think your coming around too now. Other Commish's need to read this thread and learn from your mistakes. Dont worry Ill show you the way young grasshopper.

I'm confused by exactly what you think you're exposing.

If it is just a fun family league then leave it as a lesson to the girl and ww spots 1-4 about making rash decisions and not double checking/protecting their team.

B

But you should realize that if you win the league, this will probably be the last time some of the others join without some rule changes written down on paper. Nobody is going to dedicate their time to a league where stuff like this is going to happen.

Im just messing with him. Hes one of many incompetent commish's who come on here and ask ridiculous questions about their leagues and cannot understand why nonsense like this happens or how to prevent it. Its very simple really. 5 pages can be summed up in one sentence. Any league without a cant-cut list is flawed and owners in this league can be taken pretty easily by collusion. Esp if its a $ league with a no cant-cut list. The end.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness. Just because you may not see Moderators post as much in this forum doesn't mean it's not tracked and the CofC still applies here. Way too much flaming, baiting and personal attacks in this thread. Shut down and some of you should be happy that all that is happening is a public warning. Move on.