Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RafiBomb

Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon? WHIR

Thinking of dropping Kenbrell Thompkins for one of these suspended receivers. Not in a hurry to throw any of them in my lineup because I have Fitz, Garcon & D-Jax so the suspension length doesn't affect my decision. Who do you see putting up better numbers upon their return?

Also is KT the player I should be dropping for one of these? I also have Ronnie Hillman and Alshon Jeffery in consideration.

Blackmon is a head case and can't seem to get it together. I like Gordon. Both crappy QB situations but Gordon has shown big play ability.

Look at Blackmon's stats week 11 on. With the exception of 1 dud game, there isn't an owner that wouldn't take those stats.

And

With Chad Henne Qbing, Blackmon essentially becomes Rainbowmon, and Shorts becomes a nice pair of pants.

I would wait for Blackmon week 5.

Edit:

There is a reason why he was the highest touted receiver in the draft since the likes of Calvin Johnson

Gordon, I've been holding since draft. decent preseason at 123 yards. Big play ability and the Browns are nutso when it comes to making the wrong calls. I think he puts up decent numbers especially after a couple weeks of Weeden getting tired of throwing to Little's bricks for hands. Good luck!

Look at Blackmon's stats week 11 on. With the exception of 1 dud game, there isn't an owner that wouldn't take those stats.

And

With Chad Henne Qbing, Blackmon essentially becomes Rainbowmon, and Shorts becomes a nice pair of pants.

Edit:

There is a reason why he was the highest touted receiver in the draft since the likes of Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson

This guy doesnt have a clue. Gordon by a mile.

And

Edit:

There is a reason why he was the highest touted receiver in the draft since the likes of Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson

This guy doesnt have a clue. Gordon by a mile.

Stats don't lie. Excuse me for having MY OWN opinion after doing my own research. I'm a previous Gordon owner. He's a stud. I just like Blackmon a little more.

I'm here to offer my input, not to bash those who differ from mine. If you feel so strongly for your own opinion, there should be no need to bash someone else's opinion that differs from yours. I support my claims, you should stick with doing the same.

Week 11 - Week 17

Gordon -

Rec Tar Yds Td

5 7 53

4 7 60

6 8 116 1

8 12 86

3 8 27

1 3 7

4 7 39

Blackmon -

Rec Tar Yds Td

7 14 236 1

5 6 62 1

1 6 9

6 12 57

6 11 93

7 12 79 1

6 13 79 1

Getting Gordon back earlier is definitely factored into your decision. But all I'm saying is that Blackmon's stats were better which indeed they were.

I understand Blackmon is a headcase but comon. Most of the great WRs of the past were crazy. They probably act that way because they know people will put up with their sh*t. Not a deterrent for me.

If you decide to go with Gordon, by all means. I like him too. Just supporting my claim.

And

Edit:

There is a reason why he was the highest touted receiver in the draft since the likes of Calvin Johnson

That is just absolutely false. AJ Green and Julio Jones, who came out the year before Blackmon, were much better prospects then Blackmon.

As for the thread, I'll vote Gordon. I'm a huge fan of Blackmon's but Gordon would be the better option for this year.

why count out weeks 1- 10? gordon outplayed blackmon

Reason why I point to this time period is because neither receiver didn't catch on until later in the season (which is understandable because it takes time for rookie WRs to catch on.

And

Edit:

That is just absolutely false. AJ Green and Julio Jones, who came out the year before Blackmon, were much better prospects then Blackmon.

As for the thread, I'll vote Gordon. I'm a huge fan of Blackmon's but Gordon would be the better option for this year.

Blackmon was the only receiver compared to megatron out of the draft. He's not megatron, but that was the hype.

Listen, I'm not going to play a game of semantics here. I've invested enough time into this thread with stats to support my claim. I'm sure the author of the thread can appreciate that. Good luck with your leagues.

And

Edit:

Blackmon was the only receiver compared to megatron out of the draft. He's not megatron, but that was the hype.

Idk who you were listening to that compared Blackmon to Megatron as prospects but I assure you, they had no idea what they were talking about.

And

Edit:

Idk who you were listening to that compared Blackmon to Megatron as prospects but I assure you, they had no idea what they were talking about.

Again, you are avoiding the basis of the argument. But since you want to go there, fine.

He was picked 5th in the draft and comparisons were made. Maybe he was hyped too much, maybe he wasn't. He was still picked 5th and judged by the likes of gms and scouts that know way more then you or me. One thing I've learned during the last decade about receivers picked early in the 1st round of the NFL Draft. They usually don't get them wrong. I really don't want to go down the list. Like I said, its not the basis of my argument.