Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RafiBomb

Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon? WHIR

Thanks for all the responses guys! I hate to add on but do you think Kenbrell Thompkins is droppable if I add Gordon or should I drop Hillman? I also like the idea of dropping Hillman as well to add Blackmon. Should I just do that or is one enough?

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon and one more time for good measure... Flash Gordon!!

Drop both Kenbrell and Hillman for Gordon and Blackmon but if deciding between only Gordon and Blackmon... well I think you know my pick.

Again, you are avoiding the basis of the argument. But since you want to go there, fine.

He was picked 5th in the draft and comparisons were made. Maybe he was hyped too much, maybe he wasn't. He was still picked 5th and judged by the likes of gms and scouts that know way more then you or me. One thing I've learned during the last decade about receivers picked early in the 1st round of the NFL Draft. They usually don't get them wrong. I really don't want to go down the list. Like I said, its not the basis of my argument.

I'm not avoiding anything. You made a statment that was hyperbolic. Blackmon was not even close to the same prospect as Calvin.

As for using his draft status as a reason to pick him over someone else and saying they don't usually miss on WR prospects high in the draft... Darrius Heyward Bey, Ted Ginn Jr, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams and Charles Rogers are all top 10 picks at WR in the past 10 years who failed. You can even add guys like Braylon Edwards and Roy Williams to the list because both only had one great season and then the rest of their careers they were nothing close to their draft status.

My point, You can't just use draft status and say "well he was drafted 5th overall so he must be good" as a reason to pick him over someone else. Blackmon is going to be a good WR and IMO, will live up to his draft status when his career is said and done but for this year, Gordon will be the better fantasy player.

BOTH of them. Drop Jeffrey and Thompkins. You won't need them anymore. First off, Gordon is the one to get if you can only get one, but the Blackmon haters have no idea what they are talking about. I watched dude this preseason and let me tell you, Blackmon has ELITE ball skills and body control. He might be a total knucklehead, but trust me, this kid has freaky talent if you ask me.

I love Gordon but anybody dismissing Blackmon is foolish.. he's going to be good but I don't see quite the upside in him that Gordon has. Gordon gets behind defenses with uncanny ease... those are the types of big plays that win you fantasy weeks. Blackmon is a little bit more of a big physical possession type WR who is very hard to bring down after the catch. Hes not the vertical threat that Gordon is. For this yr especially Gordon is in the perfect offensive system that suits his skills. Gordon is a WR2 with WR1 upside this yr.. Blackmon is more WR3 ish upon his return

Thanks guys a ton! I'm about to drop both Kenbrell and Alshon for Gordon and Blackmon. I think I decided to keep Hillman. Makes sense to drop to 2 WRs and pick up 2 WRs.

Between the two, I would take Gordon but you made a good move picking up Blackmon as well. I would do it too if I had room on my roster.

I think many are underestimating Blackmon. I would go with Gordon this season for sure, but Blackmon is a beast. He was Dez Bryant at OSU after Dez Bryant was drafted and he put up the same numbers while looking just as good if not better. He just has the misfortune of being on the worst team with the worst starting QB in the NFL right now.