Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaa1

Dirk Nowitzki 2013-2014 Season Outlook

245 posts in this topic

In 23 games from 2/11 to 3/30, Dirk averaged 20 pts, 1.4 3's, 8.2 reb, 2.4 ast, 1.0 stl, 0.7 blk, 53.8% FG, 93.7% FT.

I also think he'll develop a nice rhythm with Calderon.

Do you think Dirk has another full year in him? If he stays healthy I think Nowitzki could have a stellar year.

I think the injury last year was just an anomaly. Dirk had only missed a combined 25 games over the past seven years (not counting last season). He'll be fine this year; Rick Carlisle knows Dirk's limits and will do what's best for him. He also won't be burdened as much this year with Monta Ellis on the team (much more proven than O.J. Mayo).

Anyways, Dirk will prove doubters wrong this year. He's healthy and back to playing alongside a pass-first guard and will undoubtedly put up stellar All-Star numbers.

My predictions: 19 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 0.7 blocks, 1 steal, 88% FT, 49% FG

1 person likes this

I thought he'll in the 3rd round in our draft but someone took him. Anyway, i think he and the mavs will have an ok season. I also think that he and calderon will have good chemistry together ala drik-nash lite.

22pts, 8rbs, 1three, good percentages. I like those stats

MY DUDE DIRK!!

I'm thinking similar numbers from a few seasons ago:

23 ppg , 1.4 3pg, 7.7 rpg , 2.6 apg, .9 spg , .7 bpg 50%FG 90%FT

Cuban said he wants to see Dirk regain his mvp form, I think Dirk will have something to prove this season after missing the playoffs, the all star game and not making an all nba team last year.

Dirk won't ever regain his MVP form. Around 20 points, 7 boards, low turnovers, solid %s should be easily within range though. Early second round value still.

Dirk is being way undervalued the way things are going. Even if he scores in the low-20s, he still provides enough to be a lock for top 20 value, and I'm really excited with his chemistry with Calderon. Considering how much he's been dropping in some mock drafts (and actual drafts) that I've seen, he's a name I'll be targeting this year.

1 person likes this

Will this guy survive till the 4th round?

Not if you play in a competent league

Will this guy survive till the 4th round?

No way. The lowest he'll go is 3rd round. Unless everyone in your league is a vehement anti-Hitler/German Jew...(sorry, this is my 100th post here. Had to make it memorable lol.)

3 people like this

Just passed on Dwayne Wade and Kawhi Leonard to pick Dirk. Thats how much confidence I have in the big Dirk!

4 people like this

Just passed on Dwayne Wade and Kawhi Leonard to pick Dirk. Thats how much confidence I have in the big Dirk!

Absolutely the right choice.

Has anyone paired him with Kevin Love in the past? Has it worked? Inevitably, I assume, you had to punt blocks. I'm thinking Love, Dirk, and Ryan Anderson would be a good trio in a punt-block strategy.

Has anyone paired him with Kevin Love in the past? Has it worked? Inevitably, I assume, you had to punt blocks. I'm thinking Love, Dirk, and Ryan Anderson would be a good trio in a punt-block strategy.

Must be punting FG% too :D

Three BIGs with awful FG% for BIGs :D

Must be punting FG% too :D

Three BIGs with awful FG% for BIGs :D

i actually thought about the love, dirk, ryno combo, but ryno would probably be overkill. dirk is actually quite good for FG% (generally 47%+) given he hits 3s. love and dirk would be a nice 1, 2 punch but let someone else stomach ryno's 43%. the problem is that you would ideally want to pick up david lee at some point too, and there simply isn't enough draft opportunities to take david lee AND get all the guards you need to win assists/stls.

Millsap gets slept on. His ADP in ESPN is in the 50's even though he should be top 30 value.

Sorry to break it to you, but you're right to doubt if it was the right move. Could have taken Dirk AND Millsap.

1 person likes this

Yes I just did this afternoon in a small $ league.

I basically punted assists, pretty much always punt TO's in the sense I don't ever worry about them and I'm iffy on blocks, but my FG%, 3's, FT%, points scored and steals should be money nearly every week and rebounds I hopefully will be as well.

I wound up going Love, Dirk, Lopez, Bosh for my first 4 picks then went with high scoring sweet shooting wings and points who get a lot of steals.

Millsap gets slept on. His ADP in ESPN is in the 50's even though he should be top 30 value.

Sorry to break it to you, but you're right to doubt if it was the right move. Could have taken Dirk AND Millsap.

yea, at least he has some rebs and assists and a steal. Hope he gets it going 2nd half.

brutal managing of Dirk's minutes tonight Carlisle..brought him in too late in the 4th