Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JEREMY LIN

Should this trade get Vetoed?

11 posts in this topic

Team A gets: Michael Vick, Ben Tate, Pierre Garcon

Team B gets: Arian Foster, Eric Decker, Eli Manning

To me this trade is unfair for Team A but some of the owners are disagreeing. What do you guys think?

Vick > Eli

Tate << Foster

Garcon > Decker

Vick will be one of the highest scoring QBs in that offense if he can stay healthy. I like Garcon over Decker. Garcon is the #1 guy while Decker is #3 or #4. Foster is obviously more valuable than Tate. It's not veto worthy but it's not a trade I would do.

Not seeing the issue.. Who knows if Tate could overtake Foster at some point with his injury/production issues. Vick is an upgrade over Manning. I've been trying to trade for Vick and I own manning. Garcon is on fire in a pass happy offense.

Other Way: Foster could step up his game and be an animal the rest of the way, Decker has a Hall of Fame QB throwing to him and is productive.. Manning, albeit inconsistent can put up serious numbers. Not a great deal, but far from veto worthy.

I mean if both teams know their fantasy football and agree on it and it isn't collusion. I don't think it is lopsided enough to veto. No one likes to tell owners how to run their own team.

If 2 owners agree on a trade then it should never be vetoed. I've come to learn that in my time on these forums. Both guys obviously saw value in what they're getting, so who cares if it seems unfair to anyone else.

I don't know. It looks okay. Basically, Vick for Foster. Decker can either be a dud or a stud. Garcon is the better WR. Tate is a backup and Eli is garbage.

If vick is healthy he'll be a qb1. I wouldnt veto it. If at the end of the season vick is the top scoring qb and foster is injured and tate puts up rb1 numbers what will you tell team 1? Last season a trade was vetoed in my league. Mccoy for spiller and morris after week 1. Everyone said the team giving up mccoy was being ripped off, but if the trade went though he would of won the league getting two rb1's.

I agree with Bwells, as a commissioner in my league, I dont think I've ever vetoed a trade. The only reason I would, is if it there were obvious signs of collusion. You have to remember, in a competitive league, NO ONE likes seeing teams improve and it's in ur interest to vote down a trade or veto it. Seems to me like both these guys are trying to improve their teams, although the trade is loopsided.