Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mongeese

Brian Hoyer 2013 Season Outlook

231 posts in this topic

Vikes are going to be blitzing like crazy. Browns o-line have given up the most sacks thus far.

Actually the Vikings plays cover 2 so they rarely blitz if ever. They plan on getting pressure with the front 4.

Hey now, I take offense at your subtitle. I only start one QB, but maybe I really like to gamble

Who? browns back up? i thought it was campbell? this is a clown question bro lol

No, campbell is being demoted to QB No. 3. Hoyer is likely starting for the Browns this weekend.

This is a good move for the Browns. Weeden hadn't progressed at all. They have most of the offensive pieces in place, they just need competent QB play.

1 person likes this

Vikes are going to be blitzing like crazy. Browns o-line have given up the most sacks thus far.

Actually the Vikings plays cover 2 so they rarely blitz if ever. They plan on getting pressure with the front 4.

This is why I do not see the Vikes being such a great start. Thomas can handle Allen one on one and the rest of the Vikes defense leaves little to be desired. Would not be surprised one bit if T-Rich finally goes off.

This is a good move for the Browns. Weeden hadn't progressed at all. They have most of the offensive pieces in place, they just need competent QB play.

They aren't benching Weeden. His thumb is sprained.

And what would make you think Hoyer is more competent than Weeden?

One thing Hoyer is really good at is play action, I believe its something he picked up from Brady

Really?1? Wow!!! I'm picking up and starting this guy now

Hearing this guy is going to start even after Weeden is healthy? Anybody have any info?

A Cleveland beat writer, right after the Richardson trade was announced, said the same thing on the NFL Network. They are basically moving on from all the previous regime's personnel. Hoyer, it appears, is the starter for the rest of the season.

FWIW, there is precedent for this type of situation in Cleveland. Then "franchise QB" Charlie Frye (who?) was their starter in 2007 Week 1. He stunk the place up against the Steelers and a relatively unknown Oregon State Beaver named Derek Anderson took over in the second half. Week 2, Anderson started and threw for 328 yards and 5 TDs against Cincinnati Week 2, retained the starting job and won many virtual pigskin players championships with a very solid season (3800/29/19).

Not saying Hoyer is lightning in a bottle, but if you're desperate for a backup, you could do worse, especially with Josh Gordon coming back and the running game obviously being non-existent now.

A little off topic, but why have a depth chart if you don't stick to it when it matters?

Don't you lose a little credibility with the players if you tell a guy he's the backup, only to skip over him when the time comes? They thought Campbell was good enough to backup Weeden, but not to start?

Only the Browns.

1 person likes this

They aren't benching Weeden. His thumb is sprained.

And what would make you think Hoyer is more competent than Weeden?

Weeden doesn't make decisions quick enough to be a starting nfl qb. He hasn't improved a bit since last season. I don't know if Hoyer is more competent but i know weeden, for all of his gifts throwing the ball, doesn't process Ds fast enough to be a quality nfl qb. Might as well go with the unknown at this point.

There is actually a Hoyer thread? And it's reached two pages? God help some of your fantasy teams.

There is actually a Hoyer thread? And it's reached two pages? God help some of your fantasy teams.

Its not really as irrelevant as u might think man. Some of us play in 2qb leagues and if Weeden was your bench QB then it makes sense to look into this guy and possibly make the swap.

Good point. But keep in mind, in 2 QB leagues, all starters are important. Would I blow my FAAB budget on him? No. But is he worth a dollar? Sure.