Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

codered7

Chris Ogbonnaya 2013 Season Outlook

147 posts in this topic

The fact that the Browns went in and signed Willis says a lot about Ogbonayya and Bobby Rainey. Browns believe that McGahee is far better than these 2 clowns

The fact that the Browns went in and signed Willis says a lot about Ogbonayya and Bobby Rainey. Browns believe that McGahee is far better than these 2 clowns

Or they need a backup.

I know he was second on the depth chart, but he converted to fullback... I'm assuming they need him at that position, right? I know the Bengals don't have a fullback, and the Raiders used a fullback as an RB last year, how likely is that?

Lol no.... cmon guys. This guy is awful, nothing to see here. It's either McGahee or Rainey without a doubt.

The last time a fullback became the starter for the Browns, Peyton Hillis had a career year, got on the cover of Madden, then disappeared off the face of the earth (in fantasy circles). I doubt history repeats itself, but hey, there's a chance, right?

Chris oogabooga is a fullback, not a running back.

He was a running back and only converted to RB this year.

I picked up Rainey, kind of regretting it now. But I don't have room for two turd Cleveland RBs not named McGahee

Bobby Rainey is currently listed as the Browns' starting running back on the team's official website.

Rainey is the only running back on the active roster, with Chris Ogbonnaya listed as the starting fullback. Ogbonnaya is more running back than fullback. The Browns like him on third downs and in passing situations. However, neither one is a real threat to take on a full-time load. The Browns are bringing in Willis McGahee for a physical on Thursday. They'll sign him if everything checks out.

Could be a Reuben Droughns situation like in Denver a few years ago. FB forced to start and turns in a good year

Oooga Booga isnt that bad, but he wont emerge as a fantasy asset. No, you could not start over him. It's a really bad team regardless of who starts.

I think he's worth a look in ppr, even maybe a chance to emerge. Everyone is guessing Rainey and Willis.

He has the Ron Paul seal of approval as Week 2's FA steal. Yes, even over Willis McGahee.

If T-Rich really wasn't a good fit for Chud. That means he was too slow and/or not a good pass catcher. Look at Chud's old RBs - Tomlinson, Sproles. What makes anyone think that a 33-year-old Willis McGahee fits that role better? I'd rather gamble on Ogbonnaya this week. He should be had for cheap ($1-3 FAAB) and will be getting the lion's share of the carries in Week 3.

It may be that he gets the lions share of the carries in week 3 (I don't think anyone knows at this point). That also puts him at risk of losing the job as they get destroyed playing their third string QB.

Quit being cute people and move on from Ogbon; it's going to be Rainey or McG

Ogbonnya played 35 and 33 snaps the first two weeks how many did Rainey or McGahee get???!

They wanted Ogbonaya to be their FB. Once McGahee is back up to speed (which may take until after their week 8 bye), he'll be a workhorse if he's still healthy

Quit being cute people and move on from Ogbon; it's going to be Rainey or McG

Ogbonnya played 35 and 33 snaps the first two weeks how many did Rainey or McGahee get???!

1 MIA 1 0 0 0.0 N/A 0 1 3 10 10.0 10.0 10 - - 0 0 0 2 @BAL 1 0 0 0.0 N/A 0 2 3 24 24.0 12.0 15 - - 0 0

Enough said. He will continue being in the role he is in aka fantasy irrelevant

edit: terrible copy and paste from Yahoo above :(