Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

october

Trade Marshall or Julio for Foster?

I lost Steven Jackson for a few weeks, and now I'm forced to start Deangelo Williams at RB2. I was offered Arian Foster last night for one of Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, or Victor Cruz. I checked out Foster's schedule, and the next 5 games are insanely tough match ups. Also, I have been hearing how the Texans want to get Tate more involved. Am I better off keeping my big 3 WR1's, or is it smart to get rid of one for Foster?

Leave a link, I always WHIR.

I would stay put. You can make it through Jackson's injury with running WIlliams as an RB2 for the time being. The other guy is trying to sell Foster high in hopes you reach for it and give up a top of the line WR.

I wouldn't give up Marshall or Julio for him, but I'd trade Cruz away for Foster in a heartbeat.

Even with Foster's schedule you guys would still do this? Even last year, he wasn't exactly the dominant fantasy RB of 2010-2011.

Take the trade for Cruz!! You're already set at WR w/ Marshall and Julio now you'll be set at RB with Spiller and Foster!!

If I traded for Foster, then I'm stuck with Deangelo at FLEX, which puts me exactly where I'm at now right? Does everyone think Foster will improve as the season goes on, even with the tough schedule?

To me it's not a no brainer. Over the last few years I would say it was but now I'm having more and more concern about Fosters health and Tates increase in production and use. With WR's like that I'd see if I couldn't lure someone else into a trade for a more reliable back. This weeks matchup for Cruz is looking really good and if he balls out his value will be even higher. I'd ride it out one more week and see if you can't make a trade you feel more strongly about.

To me it's not a no brainer. Over the last few years I would say it was but now I'm having more and more concern about Fosters health and Tates increase in production and use. With WR's like that I'd see if I couldn't lure someone else into a trade for a more reliable back. This weeks matchup for Cruz is looking really good and if he balls out his value will be even higher. I'd ride it out one more week and see if you can't make a trade you feel more strongly about.

This is exactly how I was thinking. In PPR Cruz could turn out to be more valuable than Foster too right? And Nicks hasn't affected Cruz's value in the last few years, so I don't see why that would change now.

If I traded for Foster, then I'm stuck with Deangelo at FLEX, which puts me exactly where I'm at now right? Does everyone think Foster will improve as the season goes on, even with the tough schedule?

Exactly. And everyone is betting on Foster getting back to that back he was a few years ago. I see his production staying lower than normal and Tate starting to get more of the workload. I think in New York they will soon panic and Eli will have to put that team on his back like he has done before and Cruz will start salsa dancing every week. Don't do this trade. And once you get Jackson back you will be back to having a dominant team. Like I said earlier, this guy is trying to sell high on Foster because he sees the writing on the wall and he is hoping to get a top WR for him. Then he noticed you have Jackson go down and great WR so he hopes you will overreact to an early injury and sell out for a few early season wins. Now say if this was week 12 and you needed a win to get into the playoffs, I'd probably think about it more but right now, I wouldn't take this.

do you start 2 or 3 WR? do you have a flex?

I would actually go with this trade if you can get Arian for Cruz. But I wouldn't do it with Marshall or Jones. Arian will get more touches througout the season. I actually think it's a good thing the he shares carries with Ben Tate right now. It's less pounding on his body and he will be more game ready later in the season. Also he plays in one of the weaker Divisions and plays them twice! Colts, Jags, and Titans.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=372007