Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kp96

When was the last time a RB switched teams midweek and then started for the new team? How did he do?

7 posts in this topic

Seeing if there is any past examples of this happening and if the new rb struggled or basically came right in and did his thing. Anyone remember this happening before?

I don't remember, but I wouldn't expect much because of a lack of play knowledge. He'll be limited for sure.

Can't think of anything recently but coincidentally in 87 the colts traded for eric dickerson after game 2 of the season. He had 10 carries for 35 yards in his first game.

Did a little research on a couple famous ones.

On 10/12/89, Herschel Walker got traded to Minn. He played on 10/15/89 and had 18 carries for 148 yards and a td. Plus 1 catch for 7 yds.

On 10/31/87, Eric Dickerson got traded to IND. He played 11/1/87 (next day) and had 10 carries for 38 yards, plus 1 catch for 28. No tds.

Should offer some comfort that Trent and McGahee will be on the field quite a bit on Sunday. Dickerson's numbers are not that great, but it looks like he literally flew to IND and walked onto the field with minimal playbook knowledge.

McGahee is gonna KILL IT!

Considering he said switched teams, I'd assume he's talking about Trent..

It's Trent. You have better options?

He plays the 49ers D which doesn't help but seriously you sort of have to play a top 10 player regardless of his situation...barring him being ruled out.