Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osb_tensor

Geno Atkins DL Bengals 2013 Season Outlook

6 posts in this topic

After an impressive 2012.. Starting off like bust. Still early, but through 3 games not much production.

I haven't been able to watch any of the Cincinnati games, so maybe he's been disruptive, but just missing out on the counting stats. Either way it's very disappointing.

Yeah. I drafted him fairly high... been let down and my team could use a boost in a few areas. Do you think it is too early to throw in the towel on him? Not cut him completely, but do you think it is time to start looking elsewhere?

I don't really know.

In my league, which is sack heavy, he's worth waiting on. Last year, behind J.J. Watt, he was the best DL in the league. I can't justify dropping him a few games into the season. If by say week 6-7 he's still only got one sack and a handful of tackles, he may be a drop candidate, but for me it's too early.

really it boils down to league settings. how many idp you start and how they're scored. in a tackle heavy league, he's not *that* valuable.

ESPN is reporting that the injury sustained in Thursday nights game was a torn ACL. If this holds up to be true his season is over.

He had quietly become a consistent sack contributer after a lackluster beginning of the season. Bad luck for fantasy managers, and for the bengals in real life. He was a big part of their d-line.

Is he worth keeping in dynasty? He demands a larger salary than most DTs in my league and getting double teamed on a bad knee isn't a recipe for success.