Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

9.23.13 -- MNF: Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos Game Thread

341 posts in this topic

I ain't got the words....this game, on paper, looks like a laugher, like a USA/Libya type mismatch. I guess we gotta have Oakland on prime time somehow, right? Al Davis is looking down and telling the Raiders pass rush, "Da Quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard!". Can the Raiders and T. Pryor make this a game? Keep it close? Or do they lose by 4 TDs? Do we believe in miracles???

Whatever, it's football. It's still better than 90% of the other sports.....Post em' and let's think of all the other mismatches thru history that were bigger than this one!

The best team in the NFL (in my eyes) vs a bottom 3 team. Yeah for some reason I think this is actually a fairly close game until late in the 3rd when Manning throws for back to back TDs and puts them away for good.

I was a little down about my week going into last night's game. Chicago's defense came through huge for me, so if I can manage to get a big one out of Peyton, this can actually turn out to be a good week. I don't doubt he will have a strong performance, I am most worried they go up early and we get a heavy dose of Moreno/Ball.

Raiders are gonna hang around. Denver wins by no more than 10

Yeah I dont see this being that big of a blow out, I think Denver's defense will hold the Raiders down. I'll give Manning 3 TDs tops since they most likely wont need him that much to put them away.

I have a 26 point spread over the Bronco's D/ST and Prater... Dear god just let the Raiders put up some points and not turn over the ball...

Pryor should make the game fun to watch. The last 2 Raiders games have been. The Raiders defense is also surprisingly fun to watch. They know they don't have much talent, so their entire gameplan is to be deceptive in scheme and to be, as Tyvon Branch described it, "fast and violent." With 9 sacks in 2 games, it's worked pretty well so far.

Well I got Moreno, DT and Welker going so of course my opponent's Decker gets the score. I know, it's early and cool story but still...

Peyton is one of the best of all time. As Jon Gruden said, that first drive was clinical. What a masterpiece. Except for the dropped pass from Moreno, it was flawless. Drawing defenders offsides, operating out of no huddle... when things are working, this offense is humming. Wish I owned a piece of Manning by having one of these receivers.