Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

2014 Keeper Picks

23 posts in this topic

Team & league in signature. We keep 1 bat and 1 SP per year.

I plan to keep Darvish as my arm.

But...With the unique league settings in mind, who would you vote for as my keeper bat?

To me, it's between Freeman (1b) and Craig (1b/OF) for just 2014.

What do you think? Who?...and why? (FYI: Cabrera is not a keeper option...all other bats are.)

Please remember to consider the league settings...although these 2 are very comparable players

with similar skill/stat sets.

Thanks in advance!

Freeman, had to double check some of the numbers based on your league settings, but Freeman is superior in those as well, this year he is outproducing Craig in OBP, TB and Runs. Neither of them steal bases.

Plus I think Freeman is younger and has the higher ceiling, I realize their numbers might be "close" but I dont think this is an overly tough decision.

What about Choo? He gives you steals . Also depends on where he signs

I thought about this one too, I drafted him in our mock 1 last January and I really liked the pick I said at the time he would be 20-20 and lead the NL in runs scored in that line up, which he almost did (looks like will finish 2nd or 3rd). But Cincy is a great spot, I dont see him resigning there, he is probably bound to have a drop off...but if he is back there or goes to a similar situation, I could see him being the one hitter as well.

I do like, Choo...not sure I could keep him over Freeman or Craig, though...the steals aren't a big deal...since it's just 18-20...and in head to head, I don't focus on them as much as in roto. He scores more runs than either of my 1b options, but the RBI/power production isn't close...and Freeman is moving up and only getting better. I do love Xander, but I don't know if the timing is right to keep him over these proven guys...I will definitely be targeting him and Choo in the draft, though!

From the initial question I would go with Freeman no doubt. But if you throw Choo in there, then that is another question and it is much closer of decision. I think it really depends on where Choo signs as well. I really don't like him as much in a Mets lineup as I would in the Reds. That's just me. I would still roll with Freeman though because OF are easier to come by.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=375666

Know how to get your thread bumped? Answer others questions and leave a link. You've gotten tons of opinions and haven't seen you answer any others.

1 person likes this

BS, I never offered. Therefore, I haven't let anyone down. You have a PM. Thanks for your insightful input.

If anyone is hurt by the fact that I didn't respond to your posts, I am sorry. I never offered to. I appreciate your input, however.

Hope no one is as insulted as BS seems to be.

If anyone else would like to leave feedback and won't get all bent out of shape about the fact that I won't leave feedback on your posts which I never claimed to offer, that would be great. If not, I won't take it personally. I understand! When I am able to and available to help in return, I will inform the community of that...as is/has been visible in many of my past posts over the years.

Thanks again, everyone.

TWS

Most of the guys in my league (we discuss the league throughout the year) seem to favor Freeman, also. Looks

like Freeman has the majority of the votes. I have until late February to pick so it's a waiting game until then.

If anyone else would like to help out, that would be great.

I have some more free time nowadays so I can help out with yours also in the coming days.

Thanks again!